Equity investor and member of the Leadership Team at WESCO Distribution, Inc. Created over $700 million in value for Clayton Dublier & Rice and the Cyprus Group. Participated in the successful IPO and grew the company from $1.5 billion to $7.5 billion. Change agent creating a marketing organization recognized as best-in-class among Fortune 500 B2B Companies. Repositioning
Equity investor and member of the Leadership Team at WESCO Distribution, Inc. Created over $700 million in value for Clayton Dublier & Rice and the Cyprus Group. Participated in the successful IPO and grew the company from $1.5 billion to $7.5 billion. Change agent creating a marketing organization recognized as best-in-class among Fortune 500 B2B Companies. Repositioning WESCO from an electrical distributor to a supply chain solution provider focused on MRO, OEM and capital projects.
Vice President, Global Marketing & Sustainability @ Senior-level executive with a proven background in sales, marketing and general management. Recognized for a high-energy leadership style, ability to make tough decisions, delivering measurable results, and building high-performance management teams. Proven track record of success in turn-around and start-up business situations in the telecommunications, retail, industrial distribution, and manufacturing industries.
Leader of Global Marketing, reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, responsible for Business Development, Field Marketing, Product Marketing, and Marketing Services.
Instigator, Innovator, Integrator and Implementer recognized for creating an industry-leading marketing organization focused on demand generation and sales results.
• Led recent corporate initiatives, including One WESCO, Sustainability, LEAN Value Creation, Employee Recognition, Brand Consolidation, Strategic Lead Acceleration, and expansion into industrial MRO products.
• Responsible for driving WESCO’s growth engines, Global Accounts and Integrated Supply Business Models, construction, government utility and international end markets, M&A and industrial MRO, wire & cable, solar and lighting product categories. From October 2011 to Present (4 years 3 months) Director, Global Marketing & Sustainability @ • Developed the business plan and a $5 million Business Investment Request to upgrade our e-Commerce platform. Led the implementation, including data, technology, pricing, and operations, required to increase WESCO’s e-Commerce business from $250 million to $1 billion.
• Developed WESCO’s sustainability strategy. Completed our environmental footprint. Lunched a new Sustainability Catalog and Report. Reduced GHG emissions by 15.5% and energy costs by $1.3 million/yr.
• Manage a marketing spend of over $21.0 million and supplier Co-op funds of over $10 million. Secured over $2.5 million in MDF funding from over 60 Preferred Suppliers to support 20 dedicated Marketing Managers.
• Launched the Strategic Lead Acceleration Program (SLAP), a lead generation program targeting senior-level executives with a 50% response rate. Generated 1,620 meetings, 19 new agreements and $125 million in sales.
• Created WESCO’s Value Creation Solutions, a series of over 50 solutions organized into 11 categories, to help customers improve productivity and reduce operating costs. Conducted 1,200 Search for Savings events that generated $148 million in revenue and $96 million in customer savings in 2012.
• Launched VIP Passport EuroVoyage in 2011, a customer loyalty program that generated over $180 million in incremental revenue with a 59% average customer growth rate and an ROI of 628%.
• Developed marketing programs to expand WESCO’s sales of industrial MRO products to $720 million in 2012, an increase of 13%. Led the integration of Conney Safety, a $90 million distributor of safety products. From July 2006 to October 2011 (5 years 4 months) Director, Marketing Program @ From January 2000 to July 2006 (6 years 7 months) Director & General Manager @ Responsible for a $100 million telecommunications distribution business selling data communications wire, cable, fiber optics, connectivity products, and network electronics. Organization of over 200 field sales, marketing, operations, finance, product management, training, customer service, engineering, purchasing, and inventory control personnel.
Restructured the business from a $3.7 million loss into a 5% IBT business.
Reduced operating expenses by over $4 million annually: closed unprofitable branches, reduced headcount, re-negotiated supplier agreements, re-balanced inventory, and leveraged WESCO's branch network.
Increased revenue from $47 million to more than $100 million, and billing margins from 13% to 18.5% by upgrading the management team, recruiting a strong sales force, creating a centralized support organization, providing training, developing marketing programs, and establishing strong relationships with suppliers. From July 1996 to December 1999 (3 years 6 months) General Manager @ Responsible for a $120 million catalog and direct sales business with 280 sales and operations associates. Charged with the startup of the Dallas Customer Service Center, plus several satellite sorting facilities.
Increased monthly revenue from $5.7 million to $10.8 million in 12 months.
Improved monthly operating earnings from a $180K loss to $815K profit.
Raised order fill rate from 87.2% to 96.3%.
Reduced total operating expenses from 32.1% to 23.1%.
Reduced warehouse operating expenses from 19.7% to 14.3% and selling expenses from 9.9% to 8.3%.
Increased inventory turns from 2.8 to 7.0. From April 1995 to July 1996 (1 year 4 months) Regional Sales Manager @ From January 1993 to April 1995 (2 years 4 months) District Sales Manager @ Revitalized a $55 million sales district. Managed 32 sales representatives servicing customers in the; and Delaware areas.
Implemented a new compensation program, reorganized the sales district by segmenting the sales force, reallocated sales resources, and reassigned accounts based on potential. Achieved sales growth of 7.2% during a severe economic downturn. From October 1991 to January 1993 (1 year 4 months) District Sales Manager @ Managed a $32 million rural sales district. Managed 17 sales representatives servicing customers in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New York.
Led the Northeast with the highest sales growth in 1991. Opened new branches in four cities.
Initiated the development of a national consultative selling training program and assisted in establishing Grainger's Consulting Services Organization. From September 1989 to October 1991 (2 years 2 months) Business Development Specialist @ $6.0 billion world leader in the manufacture and marketing of engineering thermoplastics.; Accountable for growing market share and creating new business opportunities at General Motors CPC Division, one of G.E. Plastic's largest end users, with annual sales of $110 million. Launched the first mass-produced composite plastic bumper beams worth $6 million annually for G.M.'s new vehicle, the Pontiac From October 1988 to September 1989 (1 year) Field Market Development Specialist @ Introduced Geloy, a new weatherable plastic, to the building, construction and automotive markets. Approved Geloy for use at General Motors. Generated sales of $3.2 million while creating $5.6 million in new targets and $8.4 million in new opportunities. From August 1986 to October 1988 (2 years 3 months) Sales Development Specialist @ Responsible for the development of new accounts in eastern Michigan and a $5 million territory. Led the Sales Development Organization by increasing sales 25% over goal to $5.2 million. Closed targets worth $3.5 million. Generated $7 million of new business opportunities. From March 1985 to August 1986 (1 year 6 months) Financial Services Specialist @ Responsible for the collection of receivables and analysis of financial information. From July 1984 to March 1985 (9 months)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Finance @ Penn State UniversityBS in Finance, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services @ Penn State University From 1980 to 1984 Mike Ludwig is skilled in: Product Marketing, Product Management, Business Development, Sales Operations, New Business Development, Start-ups, Management, Sales Management, Leadership, Strategic Planning, Business Planning, Sales, Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Direct Sales
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension