An adaptable recruitment professional with twenty year’s experience delivering projects and campaigns across the EMEA on time and under budget. A successful background in management and effective stakeholder communication, combined with a wealth of experience recruiting and managing talent across the EMEA in the Private / Public Sector, IT, Facilities Management, Engineering, Finance, TMT, Professional Services, HPC,
An adaptable recruitment professional with twenty year’s experience delivering projects and campaigns across the EMEA on time and under budget. A successful background in management and effective stakeholder communication, combined with a wealth of experience recruiting and managing talent across the EMEA in the Private / Public Sector, IT, Facilities Management, Engineering, Finance, TMT, Professional Services, HPC, Cloud Computing and Sales / Marketing industries.
Specialties: Agency Management, Candidate Tracking, Lowering Cost to Hire, KPI's, Line Management, Direct Sourcing, Recruitment Campaigns, Assessment Centres, Lowering Cost Per Hire.
Interim Recruitment Business Partner @ Currently Working on a number or interim projects
Examples include: Regents University, Jones Lang LaSalle, Vodafone and MOD. From April 2012 to Present (3 years 9 months) Interim Recruitment Business Partner / Senior Recruiter @ Management of a number of directorates recruitment including Finance and Corporate Services, Phase One Infrastructure, Phase 2 / Hybrid Bill and Corporate Affairs organising and running large campaigns and focused searches within the rail and civil engineering arenas. Managing and working with senior stakeholders to find the right individuals within budget, on time and in line with an agreed workforce plans. From August 2014 to April 2015 (9 months) Interim Talent Acquisition Manager @ Projects include: Review and assessment of a new applicant tracking systems, recruitment of the new recruitment function, day to day running of the technical, head office and sales recruitment and the restructuring of the recruitment process making it fit for purpose. From March 2014 to July 2014 (5 months) Romford, United KingdomInterim Recruitment / HR Manager @ - Working for Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO)
- Project Management of a large scale, national recruitment campaign (civilian workforce)
- HR Management
- Working in accordance with organisational change program
- Internal post rotation and redeployment
- Communications, PR & Social Media From November 2013 to February 2014 (4 months) Senior Resourcing Consultant @ Senior Resourcing Consultant IFM From October 2012 to March 2013 (6 months) Interim Recruitment Manager / Talent Acquisition EMEA / APAC @ Activities included working with the local and international business partners (to board level) to produce the recruitment strategy for placing high level individuals in the Data Storage arena within the EMEA / APAC regions. Another part of the role was to build and improve the talent acquisition pipeline by working with the senior management to identify the future direction and help shape the recruitment business plan moving forward.
Examples of positions recruited include SVP Cloud Content Media, Senior Sales Financial Services Industry, Technical Architects Data Storage, Broadcast and Web Industries. From August 2011 to March 2012 (8 months) Interim Recruitment Business Partner @ NEST Corporation is the trustee body responsible for overseeing NEST (National Employment Savings Trust).
The main activities involved reducing the time to hire, building relationships with the business partners (to director level), structuring and retendering the PSL, recruitment of 10 to 17 individuals on a monthly basis.
Examples of duties include:
• Recruitment of Investment Developers (.NET C# Skill Set), Pension Lawyers, Testers, Fund Managers, User Experience / Behavioural Economist / Analyst, Marketing / Relationship Managers and Quant Analysts.
• Rate negotiation in regards to suppliers.
• Development of a direct hire strategy.
• Creation of an up to date talent pool.
• Process management introducing best practice. From March 2011 to August 2011 (6 months) Recruitment Lead EMEA / SAP Talent Acquisition @ The remit of this position was to firstly engage with the business partners in the SAP horizontal and setup a recruitment strategy that suits the business across the EMEA (specifically Switzerland, UK, Germany and Benelux). In educating the business heads on the process and working with them on the challenges they may face in the geography, the position was located and set the expectations from the start of the recruitment process as the time lines for delivery were extremely aggressive.
Working with the Head of the SAP practice EMEA to formulate and implement the talent acquisition across Europe with particular reference to the future growth plans.
Positions recruited range from Associate level (Example ABAP Programmers) through to AVP / VP Level (Example Head of SAP UK & Ireland AVP level). Along with the hands on delivery I was also tasked with the management / mentoring of more junior staff members (Offshore and onshore) and was asked to assist the horizontal with RFP’s and bid work.
Examples of project work undertaken include:
• Secondment to Zurich to control and assist with uplift in the recruitment for one of Cognizant’s largest clients (Non SAP / C# / .NET / Java / J2EE).
• Creation of a PSL (reducing the suppliers down from 80 to 20).
• Champion the push for more direct hires through targeted advertising.
• Input in to the implementation of the ATS (Applicant Tracking System).
• Development of reports for the business leads in the UK / US /CE.
• Pipeline creation (working with the business to forecast upcoming spikes in the recruitment needs).
• Project work to reduce the cost and time per hire. From March 2010 to March 2011 (1 year 1 month) Interim Recruitment Manager @ Interim Recruitment Project Management From January 2009 to February 2010 (1 year 2 months) Recruitment Manager / Talent Acquisition Manager @ This role was to create an EMEA recruitment / talent acquisition and learning and development function due to the company’s unprecedented growth rate. The recruitment / talent and the staff development functions had to be built from scratch, devising and deploying Europe wide recruitment processes and policies, in line with internal HR best practice in five countries.
• Creation and implementation of process and policy.
• Creation and implementation of internal recruitment referral incentives.
• PSL Selection and Agency management.
• Implementation of the future talent acquisition pipeline (future satellite workforce talent planning).
• Branding the company from an employer of choice perspective.
• Organising and researching and developing all staff learning and development.
• Regular visits to the European locations for interviewing.
• Creation of in-house recruitment tracking tools, allowing hiring managers to view and take part in the recruitment strategy.
• Online advertising campaigns.
• Competency based interviewing and screening of all candidates.
• Mentoring hiring managers in competency interviewing techniques and various European cultural differences.
• Advising of tax and country specific employment laws.
• Hired approximately 50 people in the UK and Europe, spanning IT, Sales and Marketing and Ops roles, including Directors and Managerial roles.
• Liaison with relevant Red Brick Universities, with regards to Graduate recruitment and assessment days.
• Liaison with Home Office with regards to Work Permit applications.
• Weekly reporting to senior management and division heads.
• Recruitment cost savings of £250,000. From August 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 3 months) Recruitment Manager @ This role was to create an EMEA recruitment and learning and development function due to the company’s unprecedented growth rate. The recruitment and the staff development functions had to be built from scratch, devising and deploying Europe wide recruitment processes and policies, in line with internal HR best practice in five countries. HR Generalist support as and when required. From August 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 3 months) Recruitment Team Leader (contract) @ Circle Anglia was formed in July 2005 from the merger of two well-established housing groups - Circle 33 and Anglia. Since then, it has merged/acquired with seven other housing organisations. It manages just over 67,000 properties, making it one of the largest housing groups in the UK.
Originally brought on board to develop the existing team of Recruitment Administrators and to support HR during the merger and acquisition period. The directive was to create a self contained and fully functional recruitment team that can cover all aspects of the recruitment cycle, from the request to recruit, authorization to hire through to candidate induction, working with Learning and Development and Human Resources.
In total to date 212 hires, including:
• New finance team of 42, from FD to FO level
• HR, including HRD
• Sales and Marketing
• 14 Director level posts
• Care/Support worker positions
• Several other divisions. From October 2007 to March 2008 (6 months) Consultative Interim Assignments @ Working in conjunction with DMG-IT Ltd clients on various onsite assignments. From March 2007 to September 2007 (7 months) Onsite Consultant @ Duties include:
* Onsite management.
* Negotiating and working with clients to reduce the cost of hire.
* Recruitment supplier selection and campaign management.
* Candidate generation through advertising (online and print), networking, 2nd tier recruitment suppliers.
* Mentoring managers in reference to competency based interviewing.
* Process management.
* Extensive travel across the EMEA. From December 2005 to December 2006 (1 year 1 month) Senior Customer Account Manager (Retail Bank) @ Responsible for servicing the Retail Bank through out th IT function. Although this was a managed agency agreement most of the recruitment was completed between Springs Edinburgh / London based and client site recruiting over 120 IT staff over the course of a year.
* Negotiating and agreeing Terms of Business with the second tier agencies and the creation and management of SLA’s.
* Agreeing formats and templates for both internet and published advertising (examples include The Times, The Scotsman, Computing, Monster.com).
* Development and administration of a dedicated micro site to control the response from either the advertising or direct applications.
* Meeting with line managers and heads of departments to formulate new requirements and discuss headcount issues.
* Reporting weekly recruitment activity via Excel and conference calls. From January 2004 to December 2005 (2 years) Recruitment Team Leader @ Recruitment Team Leader From 1995 to 1999 (4 years)
The Campion School From 1987 to 1993 Mike Kelly is skilled in: Key Performance Indicators, Line Management, Technical Recruiting, Recruiting, Talent Acquisition, Contract Recruitment, Talent Management, Executive Search, Recruitment Advertising, Graduate Recruitment, Performance Management, Applicant Tracking Systems, Sourcing, Human Resources, Screening
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension