Product management executive with success in establishing the vision and strategies necessary to grow a solution oriented software product company from early start-up phase. Proficient in partnering with all core business operations to execute on a market, product and solution plan to expand market share, and generate sustainable revenue while maintaining EBITDA. A proven team builder with
Product management executive with success in establishing the vision and strategies necessary to grow a solution oriented software product company from early start-up phase. Proficient in partnering with all core business operations to execute on a market, product and solution plan to expand market share, and generate sustainable revenue while maintaining EBITDA. A proven team builder with strong P&L and general management skills. Hands-on experience in a broad range of functions including product management, marketing, sales and professional services.
Specialties: Market & Product Planning • Product Introduction & Life Cycle Management • Cloud/SaaS Solution Delivery • Industry Vertical Market Program Development • Competitive Analysis, Positioning & Pricing • ROI, Value Proposition • Solution/Consultative Selling • Business Drivers in Highly Regulated Markets • Strategic Account Development • Market Evaluation, Penetration & Expansion • Enterprise Software Implementation
VP, Pharmaceutical Solutions @ Ownership of MMIT's pharmaceutical business line
-Leadership over the commercialization of product delivered to the pharmaceutical market
-Evolution of field facing processes and systems to enable scale
-Build-out of a team to effectively cover a broad base of existing accounts while providing the right focus on securing new business.
-Guide introduction of modern marketing tactics to communicate new capabilities to support specialty product introduction and market access promotion From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) VP, Product Management & Strategy @ - Responsible for management and coordination of product, solution and vertical market strategy.
- Strategic leadership over the short and long term product and technology road maps including the synthesis of input from internal and external stakeholders.
- Orchestration of continued stream of new product introductions in the areas of cloud solutions, business intelligence and mobility.
- Established and lead an industry solution team which guides strategy and coordinates the cross-functional execution in each core vertical market.
- Ownership of strategic alliances and partnerships
- Served as an executive sponsor for several rapidly expanding strategic accounts From June 2008 to February 2014 (5 years 9 months) Major Accounts Pre-Sales Engineering @ - Aligned with specific reps in major accounts team to secure entry in competitor entrenched accounts.
- Revised pre-sales engineering on-boarding and training program.
- Counseled team on evolving from a “transactional” focus to a solution focused “consultative” approach. From October 2007 to June 2008 (9 months) Director, Pre-Sales Engineering @ - Established pre-sales engineering function and integrated role into Sparta's sales process.
- Drove the evolution from a transactional selling model to a highly consultative, solution oriented sales process.
- Recruited, on-boarded and mentored a team to support a growing sales organization.
- Key driver in securing 100+ new logos as well as major expansion in pre-existing accounts.
- Implemented processes to allow fluid information flow from "field" staff into the product planning process. From November 2003 to October 2007 (4 years) Product Specialist @ - Responsible for the execution of quality management software implementations in highly regulated organizations.
- Projects included Merck, Allergan, Dentsply, Johnson & Johnson and International Specialty Products. From October 2002 to November 2003 (1 year 2 months) Product Marketing Specialist @ -Conducted research into the financial viability and network infrastructure compatibility of telecommunications prospects.
-Authored a series of white papers to educate customers and marketplace on products and services.
-Utilized network design software and cost modeling tools to create customer business cases.
-Performed customer and analyst product demonstrations and gathered field competitive intelligence at industry trade events. From May 2001 to September 2002 (1 year 5 months) Marketing Engineer @ - Prepared formal RFQ/RFP responses for major PC-OEM customers (IBM, Gateway, Dell, etc.).
- Prepared MRDs (Marketing Requirements Documents) for advanced software packages.
- Worked with Sales team to qualify customers for new consumer networking products. From April 2000 to May 2001 (1 year 2 months)
MBA, Management and Global Business @ Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick From 2004 to 2007 BS, Marketing @ Rutgers University-New Brunswick From 1997 to 2001 Mike Jovanis is skilled in: Enterprise Software, Product Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Strategy, Business Analysis, Strategic Planning, Start-ups, Business Intelligence, Competitive Analysis, SaaS, Product Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension