Squared Online Certiﬁcate in Digital Marketing @
Recently completed an Executive Global MSc in Management at the London School of Economics. Currently enrolled in Digital Marketing Certificate program at Squared (Google, IPA & Home Learning College endorsed). Marketing and business development professional with eight years of experience. Expertise in developing both brand marketing campaigns and strategic business partnerships. Passion for creating innovative ideas and
Recently completed an Executive Global MSc in Management at the London School of Economics. Currently enrolled in Digital Marketing Certificate program at Squared (Google, IPA & Home Learning College endorsed). Marketing and business development professional with eight years of experience. Expertise in developing both brand marketing campaigns and strategic business partnerships. Passion for creating innovative ideas and strategic solutions.
Marketing and Promotions Manager @ • Developed and managed strategic and innovating business partnerships to supply free gifts for subscription promotion purposes across all Condé Nast brands, resulting in a YOY increase for new subscriptions for various titles.
• Created promotion campaign content across Condé Nast portfolio, managing creative output and gaining management buy-in from senior stakeholders and Publishers at luxury publications (Vogue, Vanity Fair, Tatler, Glamour, GQ, House & Garden, World of Interiors and Wired).
• Analyzed monthly campaign results and altered future campaigns where required.
• Developed and negotiated contracts with key suppliers. From May 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) London, United KingdomMarketing Manager @ • Developed and managed range of strategic marketing global partnerships, including agreements, with top-tier world wide publishers, with titles such as Newsweek, IHT and FT.
• Developed integrated brand marketing strategy including magazine with focus on subscriptions; retail and e-Commerce; website; and 24 hour radio program (includes marketing budget). Developed campaign messaging across multiple platforms.
• Initiated first direct mail subscription marketing campaign targeting growth in US, leading to 22% YOY increase.
• Managed and improved day-to-day e-Commerce operations achieving results well beyond key metrics, increasing site traffic and daily sales.
• Planned and implemented digital content and e-commerce strategy, resulting in a 35% YOY increase in Monocle e-Commerce sales. Designed and executed structure and process for weekly retail/brand communications (distributed to over 20,000 people).
- Marketing lead in team developing overall strategy for a new e-Commerce site (launched Q2 2013).
- Developed and implemented first internal tracking and reporting system for combined daily web sales figure.
• Managed team of customer service and e-Commerce coordinators as well as an external web development team, ensuring maintenance and ongoing improvement of Monocle Shop online. From June 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 5 months) London, United KingdomSubscriptions and e-Commerce Coordinator @ • Planned and delivered Monocle’s first e-Commerce site. Advanced knowledge of content report systems (Magento). Coordinated database of 15,500+ subscribers and managed a high volume of daily customer service queries and direct brand-to-customer communications.
• Developed and implemented CRM program, Monocle’s first internal customer service and subscriptions management process, resulting in an increase in subscriptions, renewals and reduced churn. From September 2009 to May 2011 (1 year 9 months) London, United KingdomGroup Service Coordinator @ • Planned events for corporate clients from pharmaceutical and financial companies; managed event production process including corporate conferences and associated cocktails and dinners.
• Developed request for proposals for corporate clients across key sectors. From January 2008 to November 2008 (11 months) Montreal, Canada AreaMarketing and Communications Assistant @ • Planned and managed events for B2B markets. Coordinated and supervised biannual sales conference featuring 800+ attendees.
• Created materials used by CEO and senior management for annual shareholder meeting.
• Designed template for annual company statistics report on export sales (used internally and by international subsidiaries). From January 2005 to December 2007 (3 years) Montreal, Canada Area
Squared Online Certiﬁcate in Digital Marketing @ Squared Online From 2014 to 2014 Executive Global Masters in Business Management @ London School of Economics and Political Science From 2012 to 2014 Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing Major @ Concordia University From 2001 to 2004 DEC, Business @ Marianopolis College From 1999 to 2001 High School Diploma @ St George's School From 1994 to 1999 Michelle Velan is skilled in: Advertising, Event Planning, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Communications, Digital Media, Direct Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Marketing, E-commerce, Mobile Commerce, Campaign Management, Retail Marketing, CRM
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension