General Manager Business Development @ G4S International
Bachelor, Economics, Honours (Distinction) @
Experienced across a variety of industries, countries and job roles incl; Security, sports administration and sponsorship, Oil & Gas, FMCG, Banking, Aviation, Retail and Consulting. A qualified, commercially oriented leader and change manager in b2b/b2c sales leadership and training, marketing cvp development/customer acquisition, m & a analysis, customer service delivery, multisite network operations and capital investment project
Experienced across a variety of industries, countries and job roles incl; Security, sports administration and sponsorship, Oil & Gas, FMCG, Banking, Aviation, Retail and Consulting. A qualified, commercially oriented leader and change manager in b2b/b2c sales leadership and training, marketing cvp development/customer acquisition, m & a analysis, customer service delivery, multisite network operations and capital investment project management - a highly pragmatic people manager. Results driven and known for bringing unconstrained thinking to challenging situations or markets. Whether its business development, business turnaround, business integration or business startup - i've done it somewhere. A home grown General or Business Unit manager with demonstrated capability at managing the P&L through the line. I help businesses to grow, I build capability in the organization and I unlock value through innovation and collaboration.
General Manager @ A specialist Customer Experience consulting agency - CSBA helps businesses; benchmark their performance against industry peers, develop performance improvement strategies to become a customer centric organisation and apply leading edge market research techniques to build powerful, actionable insights. Our thought leaders support the C Suite through strategy development, the marketing team with searing customer insight and the service delivery teams with pragmatic performance improvement tactics. From August 2015 to Present (4 months) Melbourne Area, AustraliaGeneral Manager @ Cuckoo Creative is a marketing strategy, public relations and branded communications boutique agency servicing a wide variety of sectors from sports to FMCG, from insurance to local government and from oil and gas to high end fashion retail. The talented cohort of creatives collaborate to develop brands that ignite customer loyalty and drive sales. From March 2015 to July 2015 (5 months) Melbourne Area, AustraliaGeneral Manager Business Development @ - Lead BD team (7) of tender writers, bid managers, bid coordinators and a specialist HR/IR coordinator.
Supported the delivery of growth strategy in the Government (Care and Justice) and Commercial (Manned and Electronic Security) sectors across ANZ.
- Developed new customer driven (3rd box thinking) human and electronic security solutions across a broad base of sectors; aviation, marine, Oil & Gas, Mining and Multinational Finance/IT conglomerates.
- Collaborated with global and regional peers across Asia and Middle East to win strategic multinational bids - sharing best practice techniques and solutions.
- Implemented a structured selling, account management and pipeline reporting tool Salesforce CRM From July 2013 to December 2013 (6 months) Melbourne Area, AustraliaGeneral Manager @ The high performance development partner of the AFL.....providing an elite AFL experience/environment to children of all abilities looking to improve their football, life and leadership skills.
• Develop annual operating and marketing plan
• Implement CRM and athlete management portal
• Manage website development and content management system
• Manage marketing budget across earned media, bought media, social platforms, SEO, collateral, sponsorships etc
• Segment the customer base and develop targeted offers – incl discreet age groups, female demographic, multicultural and indigenous programs etc
• Manage strategic sourcing and stakeholder relationships; incl AFL, State league bodies, School Sports Victoria, Sporting Pulse, various media outlets etc.
• Expand geographic footprint, develop franchise model, source personnel, investors and resources.
• Develop and implement operational policies, procedures and guidelines re Social media, OHS, Event management, Privacy, CSR etc.
• Seek government funding programs and grants, commercial sponsorship arrangements and other sources of cash inflow to support growth objectives. From July 2012 to May 2013 (11 months) Regional Operations Manager Victoria Tasmania @ Field Sales manager - $300m sales across Campbell and Arnotts product portfolios - predominantly in the grocery change. Lead and coach 25 Full time / 80 part time resources across Victoria. Responsibilities included workforce planning to activate major promotions and product launches, protect and grow shelf market share, manage the operational cost budget ($6m pa) and to develop strategy for field operations in a dynamic customer environment.
Major achievements: Lead and supported Vic Tas team through substantial business transformation period using Prosci Adkar model.
Successfully built a high performing (National award winning) team using structured selling and increased accountability through sales force automation.
Improved staff engagement through traditional HR levers and unconventional thinking - reduced staff churn by 48% and increased Gallop score.
Built organisational capability via talent identification and development, succession planning, a commitment to recruitment diversity, consistent application of performance management cycle.
Implemented tiered channel management approach to better align customer value with cost to serve. From June 2008 to July 2012 (4 years 2 months) Melbourne Area, AustraliaShell Card Marketing Manager Australia & New Zealand @ $1billion AUD, $480 NZD businesses,
200+ Truckstop refuelling networks
- Launched new specialised line of business in the commercial/industrial fuels segment
- Segmented customer base and developed segment based cvps
- Revolutionised the pricing and profitability mix across NZ and AU
- Derisked the business by introducing standard contracts and more favourable terms
- Developed sales & communication toolkits to support office and field based account teams
- Developed and executed 2 year marketing plan to achieve; 15% top line sales growth, restore positive profitability, build a customer database, launch an affinity marketing program, grow market share
- Developed and executed a network operations plan which exited unprofitable sites, secured capex for network investment, reduced risk via improved OHS standards on and offsite. From January 2006 to February 2008 (2 years 2 months) Regional Sales Manager @ Sales Manager, Comercial fuels and lubricants
Managed Qld sales team of 8 FTsales reps focussed on Transport, Agriculture and multisite refuelling/ fuel wholesale sectors.
Managed Key relationships with Toll, Elders, Queensland Rail, Fraser's, Matilda Fuels, Cubby Station, Landcare etc.
Built affinity sales relationships with Qld Transport Association and managed various customer sponsorship and trade events.
Standardised proposal templates, offer documents, Shell Card pricing tools. From November 2003 to January 2005 (1 year 3 months) Queensland Area, AustraliaPricing Operations & Call Centre Project Manager @ Lead many process improvement projects in the customer contact centre, embedded workflow system VANTIVE, Developed IVR phone call routing system,
Managed Pricing desk of 10 analysts calculating daily pricing for Wholesale, Retail and Card transactional systems,
Standardised contracts, offers, terms and built contract managament tools/database. From March 2002 to January 2004 (1 year 11 months) Melbourne Area, AustraliaBusiness Analyst - Revenue Protection Unit @ Contract - Managing project team of analysts recovering lost incomes, reconciling fare claims. Conducted ROI on simulator investments.. From September 1999 to April 2000 (8 months) Financial Analyst - World Duty Free @ Reviewing capex proposals during a significant period of aquisition and retail expansion...Mauritius Airport, Eurotunnel, Fiumicino Roma, Heathrow T2 and T3 expansions. From September 1998 to June 1999 (10 months) Project Manager @ Project manager - Retail Division. Fuels and non fuels projects aiming to turn around business performance over a series of 90 day (hot houses) ...eg implement service station P&L, convenience non fuel offer, shelf space management projects, fuel pricing strategies. From October 1997 to June 1998 (9 months) London, United KingdomRetail Business Analyst @ Financial analysis; developing annual business plans for distributors, reviewing profitability claims, merger and aquisition activities, standardising business process.
Weekly and monthly reporting on non fuel convenience retail performance. category analysis, supplier contribution claims and reconciliationss. From November 1995 to October 1997 (2 years) Management Consultant - Productivity Services @ Internal consulting division - major projects reviewing branch operations and staffing models, property aquisitions and disposals, back office processes streamlined etc. From January 1994 to October 1995 (1 year 10 months) Dividends and Corporate actions analyst @ Admin role, Trustee company, scrip holder for international investors in the Australian Share market...announcing dividends/bonus share offers and enrolling shareholdings upon instruction.... From February 1990 to December 1993 (3 years 11 months)
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Marketing, GPA 81% @ University of Melbourne - Melbourne Business School From 2012 to 2015 Bachelor, Economics, Honours (Distinction) @ RMIT University From 1991 to 1994 Qld VCE (Tertiary Entrance) @ St Hilda's Girls Grammar School From 1984 to 1989 Michelle O'Donoghue is skilled in: Leading large teams, Business transformation, Developing talent, Budgeting, B2B, Change Management, Business Process Improvement, Sponsorship, Strategic Planning, Product Development, Leadership, Budgets, Event Management, Business Planning, Management