I am a systems thinking HR Business Partner with over 15 years of curiosity built up. My approach to life and my work embraces curiosity, transparency and fearlessness! I build collaborative, trusting relationships, take action to meet stakeholders (where they are), and thorough holistic strategic approaches and forecasting, as well as a strong network, I am able
I am a systems thinking HR Business Partner with over 15 years of curiosity built up. My approach to life and my work embraces curiosity, transparency and fearlessness! I build collaborative, trusting relationships, take action to meet stakeholders (where they are), and thorough holistic strategic approaches and forecasting, as well as a strong network, I am able to leverage diverse resources to deliver superior results and optimal operational efficiency - outside of the box! I am passionate about global HR strategy, learning and development, and building things.
Sr. HR/People Ops Partner @ • Sr. HR Business Partner supporting Engineering (Platform, Data Platform), Art and G&A teams – global teams located in Palo Alto, Germany and Russia. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaGlobal Sr. HR Business Partner @ • Sr. HR Business Partner supporting the Worldwide Operations/Engineering teams – global teams located in San Jose and Penang, Malaysia. From February 2015 to August 2015 (7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSr. Manager, HR Business Partner/Employee Relations @ • Develop Employee Relations function – supporting Sales & Marketing.
• Partner with Sales/Marketing executive teams to analyze, determine and implement HR solutions focused on achieving business results, including performance management, and leadership development training. From June 2014 to February 2015 (9 months) Sr. HR Business Partner & Employee Relations @ • Sr. HR Business Partner supporting the Global Facilities/Workplace Services team.
• Support, foster, build and train core foundation of HR and ER specific to: performance management; employee relations; coaching and counseling; investigation of employee complaints; policy development and administration; and federal and state employment law.
• Develop and implement tracking of key metrics regarding trends and patterns.
• Advise and counsel HR Business Partner, and leaders on disciplinary issues including misconduct, policy practice violations, performance plans, corrective actions, and termination.
• Investigate, assess and recommend resolutions to employee relations issues.
• Develop and present training on various topics - including Workplace Violence Prevention, performance management, Sexual Harassment, Code of Conduct, and Managing Within the Law.
• Scale and build Employee Relations in a global organization. From August 2012 to June 2014 (1 year 11 months) Boardmember @ • Trusted advisor/SME to the Board and organization regarding HR related matters. From February 2011 to December 2013 (2 years 11 months) Sr. HR Business Partner/Employee Relations @ • Sr. HR Business Partner supporting various organizations, including the Diversity team and Compliance.
• Develop investigations processes and procedures, including setting standards across the organization, obtaining executive support for operational needs of investigation unit, and developing reporting and metrics.
• Implementation of new investigations unit process, including training of Human Resources Business Partners.
• Developing relationships with strategic partners (including legal, security, IT forensics, etc) to ensure proper implementation of program From 2011 to 2012 (1 year) Employee Relations Consultant/Senior Investigation Specialist @ • Perform a variety of internal investigations at all levels, including but not limited to harassment, discrimination, retaliation, fraud and malfeasance, and identify process, policy and performance improvement opportunities and consult with business to implement changes.
• Participate in Market Executive meetings to update team on investigation information, status and trends. Developed plan to ensure consistent treatment in investigations enterprise wide.
• Collaborate with Quality Assurance/Risk Management to develop monthly audits for Sales & Market management. Developed audit tracking, reporting, and training for new management team.
• Partner with Claims Quality Assurance and Strategic Sourcing to implement new process for vendor selection for records requests and contract management for accounts. From 2008 to 2011 (3 years) Employee Relations @ • Managed, trained and mentored 4 Field Human Resources Representatives to handle all day-to-day employee relations matters, recruiting, hiring and terminations, as well as development and implementation of disciplinary action process. Oversight of work surrounding furlough and restructure of Operations.
• Lead team during the development, training and implementation with the Operations team regarding Minimum Disciplinary Guidelines and implementation of Performance Improvement Plans for performance related employee issues.
• Developed, presented and selected vendor for time keeping management enterprise wide. Represented HR/Legal during the compliance and development stage of the project, and lead field HR team during the training and implementation of the project.
• Manage all day-to-day employee relations matters, and perform internal investigations at all levels. From 2003 to 2008 (5 years) HR/Legal Business Parter @ From 2001 to 2002 (1 year) Paralegal - Employment Law/Litigation @ From 1999 to 2001 (2 years)
AA, Psychology @ University of Phoenix From 2009 to 2013 Michelle King is skilled in: Employee Relations, Strategic Planning, Mediation, Crisis Management, Talent Management, Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Interviewing, FMLA, Employment Law, Succession Planning, Investigations, HR Policies, Compliance, Fraud Investigations
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension