I'm a versatile work professional with an insatiable thirst for knowledge. I have a unique set of skills that can help organizations compete in the digital era that is redefining the way we conduct business. I'm charismatic, analytical, social, and passionate about leading and developing others. I've been a consultant, a salesman, an analyst, a bartender, and
I'm a versatile work professional with an insatiable thirst for knowledge. I have a unique set of skills that can help organizations compete in the digital era that is redefining the way we conduct business. I'm charismatic, analytical, social, and passionate about leading and developing others. I've been a consultant, a salesman, an analyst, a bartender, and have even worked until my hands bled. I'm trained in prospecting, negotiating, and closing business using a consultative sales approach. At the same time I'm a bit of an Excel nerd and am comfortable navigating large data sets.
I love to read for fun and stay up to date on current trends, especially digital marketing (multi channel marketing, mobile marketing, data driven marketing, etc.) and cloud based products. Outside of work, I love to meet people and learn about their backgrounds.
I live each day with the personal mantra to "Discover the Untold Stories." Whether it be the needs of my clients or a personal connection, there is always a story to be told and something to be learned.
Specialties/Interests: Analytics, Analytical, SaaS, Software as a service, SQL/OQL, VBA, Excel, Selling, Negotiating, Consulting, Consultant, Research, Google Adwords
Financial Analyst @ Promoted from Variable Compensation Analyst. Increased focus of work on sales productivity.
• Worked with a team to design and integrate a fully online analytical dashboard using OBIEE.
• Developed financial models to calculate quota targets / goals for sales force members around the globe.
• Communicated expected results to VP+ Managers for compensation incentives.
• Reduced non-client related activities for sales force by developing training programs, answering performance related questions, and ensuring data quality before communicating results to sales teams.
• Used large data sets to provide ad hoc reporting for executives to aid in strategic decisions for the company.
• Conducted a set of reviews for sales stack performance rankings.
• Gained additional experience with software products including but not limited to:
-Hyperion Financial Planning
-Oracle E-Business Suite
-Oracle Processing and Invoicing
-SWR (Simple Web Reporting)
• Established a 3 month transition period to fully train and phase out my work as I approached moving date to new location. From November 2014 to July 2015 (9 months) Variable Compensation Analyst @ Provided support for Gartner sales force, managers, and C-level executives by:
• Used .rdp to manage data entry to Aurea (Trilogy/WCM) system.
• Served as a liaison between IT and Variable Compensation department to integrate system enhancements.
• Collaborated with payroll departments in multiple countries to facilitate commission payments.
• Worked with KPMG to provide auditing documents for internal/external auditing according to SOX compliance.
• Used SQL/OQL queries to pull and analyze data to answer commission related commissions.
• Provided ad hoc reporting to aid in development of new compensation plans.
• Leveraged testing environments to parallel test and identify problems with new compensation plan calculations before pushing to production.
• Managed an email inbox to address commission anomalies and resurrected problems within SLA time requirements.
• Developed training materials for new hires in both operations and sales. From May 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 7 months) Fort Myers, Florida AreaMulti- Function Finance Intern @ Provided support for the Close Combat Tactical Trainer team through an array of responsibilities that included but no limited to:
• Developed advanced Excel spreadsheets using VBA Macros to track labor on various installation locations.
• Used SAP to tracks costs.
• Worked with managers to maintain SOP documents.
• Organized meetings to highlight problem areas in labor.
• Provided ad hoc reporting to support Financial Analyst. From December 2009 to December 2011 (2 years 1 month)
Bachelor's degree, Finance, General, 3.5 @ Florida Gulf Coast University From 2011 to 2013 University of Central Florida From 2008 to 2011 Fort Myers Michael Hardy is skilled in: Microsoft Excel, Financial Analysis, PowerPoint, Leadership, Finance, Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Time Management, Microsoft Word, Access, Accounting, Budgets, Analysis, Teamwork, Forecasting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension