Actuarial Consultant @ Merlinos & Associates, Inc.
Residential Construction Management @ Sheffield Construction
Sr. Actuarial Analyst @ Safe-Guard provides products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that protect consumers from the perils of ownership. Our products compliment manufacturers’ warranties both during and after the factory warranty period. From December 2014 to Present (11 months) Greater Atlanta AreaActuarial Consultant @ Merlinos & Associates is the second largest independent actuarial firm
Sr. Actuarial Analyst @ Safe-Guard provides products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that protect consumers from the perils of ownership. Our products compliment manufacturers’ warranties both during and after the factory warranty period. From December 2014 to Present (11 months) Greater Atlanta AreaActuarial Consultant @ Merlinos & Associates is the second largest independent actuarial firm in the United States and our goal is to provide our clients with expert solutions to their most challenging risk and insurance problems. Our distinguished reputation stems from our commitment to the success of our clients.
As an Actuarial Consultant, my role included:
• Analysis of large data sets for rate verification
• Estimation of loss and loss expense reserves for various insurance entities
• Data processing and reconciliation for financial models
• Creation and updates to financial models
• Actuarial report and opinion creation and updates
• Preparation, submittal and monitoring of regulatory state filings
• Competitor rate research and analysis
• Commutation modeling and analysis
• Funding studies and reserve analysis for captive insurance companies (primarily 831b)
• Reviewing rate filings for State Departments of Insurance
• Successful completion of actuarial exams 1, 2, 3L, 3F and 4C.
“quickly established himself as one of the most quick, dependable, and sought-after analysts in the company.”
"I am very impressed with his ability to take my verbal ideas on design of analysis and put it together in a very logical and complete way."
"Great technical ability, and I am very confident in his work.....He is a very diligent worker, and I was incredibly impressed with how he handled the data for that client. It is not easy, and he really did a smashing job."
“....has good communication before, during and after the project. He organizes his thoughts well and drafts good supporting exhibits and emails.”
“He sees issues come up before anyone else notices them and presents solutions rather than just problems.”
"....asks conceptual questions along with client-specific questions. I always feel like he is invested in the work he produces."
“….the universal assessment of others is that he shows a high level of ownership of his work.” From June 2012 to December 2014 (2 years 7 months) Greater Atlanta AreaResidential Construction Management @ Sheffield Construction is a boutique residential construction firm that has been in business for over 40 years. The owner, Skip Sheffield, has a passion for building like no one I have ever met and I was blessed to be able to learn the trade from such a capable mentor. The joy of building homes will forever be a deeply rooted part of who I am.
My most notable achievement in this role, beyond building some beautiful homes, was the implementation of a web-based project management software that resulted in a reduced cycle time of 25% and elimination of change order concessions (2-4% of gross).
As a Project Manager and one of only a handful of people working for a small company, my role included:
• On and off-site supervision for high end residential construction projects
• Use of Excel to create detailed estimates and budget resolutions
• Creation and use of tools in Excel to track and manage job tasks
• Analysis of regional sales data to facilitate product development
• Performing structural calculations and load analysis
• Creation of comprehensive, scaled drawings for construction in SketchUp
• Management of large workforces needed to construct high-end homes
• Creation and utilization of detailed project schedules in Microsoft Project
• Overseeing multiple projects simultaneously
• Purchasing of labor and materials, coding of invoices, tracking expenses and billing
• Sales presentations to potential clients
• Meeting with clients to review budgets, change orders and project progression
• Marketing campaign development and implementation
• Website development and technology implementation
• Obtained designation as a Licensed Florida General Contractor
“is highly creative, computer savvy, a team player, passionate about his work, great with people and just a good man to work around.”
“is truly passionate about what he does and constantly strives for improvement, even if it is near perfect…. he is an expert in project management and customer service” From November 2005 to June 2012 (6 years 8 months) Tallahassee, Florida Area
Actuarial Science @ Florida State University From 1999 to 2003 Michael Dardano is skilled in: Actuarial Science, Financial Risk, Property & Casualty..., Analysis, Insurance, Management, Microsoft Excel, SQL, Data Analysis, Access, Reinsurance, General Insurance, Casualty, Commercial Insurance, Risk Management, Pricing, Underwriting, Budgets, Sales, Captives, Financial Services, Defined Benefit
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension