Customer Service and Support Management Department Intern @ Sanko Group/ISKO
Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) @
İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi
Android - User Interface Development Engineer II @ - My presentation on mobile payments: http://www.meetup.com/momo-chicago/events/223961804/ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Android - User Interface Development Engineer I @ - Developed the internal "Android Base Tracking Framework", which is responsible for tracking any event with any amount of extra data within the app. It is lightweight,
Android - User Interface Development Engineer II @ - My presentation on mobile payments: http://www.meetup.com/momo-chicago/events/223961804/ From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Android - User Interface Development Engineer I @ - Developed the internal "Android Base Tracking Framework", which is responsible for tracking any event with any amount of extra data within the app. It is lightweight, and very easy to use with only one line of code required to track any event. The library is very flexible and can be used by our clients to track anything and report any data to any internal or external service they would like.
- Researched and developed "Advanced Closed Caption Manager". ACC is a FCC requirement, and with this library we are able to comply throughout all versions of Android. In KitKat devices, our app can detect global ACC settings and apply them to closed captions. In pre-KitKat devices, I built an in-app ACC page where users can select their configuration.
- Developed the MVP for Live-Linear Experience, currently working on the second iteration.
- Worked on content protected with DRM (library-specific)
- Worked on Chromecast (sender app).
- Started Android Academy with the aim of continuous improvement, learning and sharing information.
- Worked with the UX team to bring their designs into Android, working across multiple screen sizes and languages.
- Working on design and development of new features, and fixing bugs in the existing code while keeping the Android API fragmentation in mind.
- Experience in adding new features, while maintaining backwards compatibility with previous releases.
- Creating flexible, human-error resistant code, that avoid coupling.
- Working with SAFe(Agile) methods.
- Mentor new recruits on Android and how our solution works.
- Maintain the internal Android team wiki. From September 2013 to May 2015 (1 year 9 months) Android Developer @ Project: "LifeScribe Generations": A guided interview application for Android smartphones which will enable families to more easily capture, organize and share their family stories.
Users are able to create different "collections" for different stories, pick from over 300+ questions or add their own custom questions (public or private) and record answers in text, audio, video or image form.
Responsible for everything: front-end, back-end, UI design and website. From June 2012 to September 2013 (1 year 4 months) Greater Chicago AreaIT Department Software Intern @ Project: Inventory Management and Faulty Equipment Tracking
Environment: Windows XP, Visual Studio '08, ASP.Net, C#, AJAX Control Toolkit, MSSQL'08
+ Responsible for UX planning, design and testing
+ Responsible for work flow planning
+ Part of the group responsible for coding the "Faulty Equipment Tracking" section of the project
+ Liaison between IT Department staff and Project Staff for any requests, facilitating communication between engineers and the customer. From May 2009 to September 2009 (5 months) Customer Service and Support Management Department Intern @ Responsibility: Customer Service and Support Management Department Intern
+ Took the internship to explore other aspects of a company besides the engineering department
+ Created presentations for clients to explain the nature and structure of the company
+ Researched new technologies and reported them to the manufacturing director
+ Tracked demographics of clients for more effective promotion strategies
+ Trained on network management systems and client databases
+ Maintenance of the IT, especially hardware and networks
+ Participated in the implementing process of Management Systems throughout the entire organization From September 2008 to September 2009 (1 year 1 month) Field Management Intern @ - Part of the staff that takes care of all ATMs, kiosks, workstations of all branches of Garanti Bank in Turkey
- Received faulty equipment, found out the problem and implemented a fix
- Prepared ready-to-use workstations (using “Norton Ghost”) and servers for new branches of Garanti Bank
- Tested mission critical hardware such as servers against harsh and less-than-ideal environments (such as servers in banks in rural locations.)
- Worked with a mentor to learn more about server hardware, setting up a server and initial configuration
- Tested new ideas for reaching out to customers in crowded summer locations From May 2008 to September 2008 (5 months)
Masters, Computer Science @ University of Cincinnati From 2010 to 2012 Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), Computer Engineering @ İstanbul Ticaret Üniversitesi From 2006 to 2010 High School @ VKV Koc High School From 2000 to 2004 Mehmet A. is skilled in: Java, Android, Android Development, Mobile Applications, Eclipse, JSON, XML, SQL, Software Development, HTML, Linux, Python, ASP.NET, C#, Git