I have a passion for leading teams and developing them to their highest potential to achieve great performance. My teams value my leadership style because I set clear expectations and provide both a vision and direction. I am a balanced leader that understands the needs of both the employee and the organization working toward common goals. I
I have a passion for leading teams and developing them to their highest potential to achieve great performance. My teams value my leadership style because I set clear expectations and provide both a vision and direction. I am a balanced leader that understands the needs of both the employee and the organization working toward common goals. I believe community involvement is a very important part of both personal and professional growth.
My career has been focused on HR strategy and talent management. At Target Corporation I have been able to build my overall knowledge and continue to advance my skill set as I progressed my career. My experiences range from working in a single unit to overseeing multiple locations supporting over 3200 employees and having several business partners. In my most recent position as the Human Resource Manager I worked with the General Manager to ensure our 400+ employees were staffed, well trained, advancing their career, and held accountable for their overall performance. In addition, my role was to engage the team and focus on a strong culture in the building. I served as an advocate of change by providing guidance and communication direction to department executives and broader team in a growing and transforming company. I had a strategic role in analyzing data and adjusting training based on trends.
EXPERTISE AND CORE COMPETENCIES
• HR Strategy
• Succession Planning
• Leadership Assessment & Talent Development of High Performing Teams
• Employee Engagement
• Performance Management
• Staffing & Forecasting
• Recruitment & Retention
• Complex Employee Relations Investigations
• Supply Chain/ Distribution
• Retail Store Management
Human Resources Manager @ From September 2015 to Present (3 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaIndependent Consultant @ From June 2015 to Present (6 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaHR Manager Distribution @ • Manage overall performance of HR Business Partners and an HR tech team to ensure that a 400+ staff is both culturally and operationally sound.
• Implement HR strategy, policies, and procedures to mitigate legal risk.
• Analyze data and adjust processes based on trends, develop training sessions if necessary to ensure consistency.
• Collaborate with Talent Acquisition team and on-site recruiter to ensure applicant flow and manage interview process.
• Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and general team relating to compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
• Partner with the General Manager in making executive staffing decisions with a strong focus on development and promotions.
• Serve as an advocate of change and support to Senior Management by providing guidance and communication direction to department executives and broader team.
• Develop training plans to ensure leadership team is focus on personal growth and development.
• Provide direction and guidance to HRBPs as they train supervisors on how to increase team engagement to achieve department and building results.
• Foster an inclusive culture for total team through education and events throughout the year. From March 2011 to June 2015 (4 years 4 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaHR Business Partner Target Stores @ • Responsible for hiring and recruiting a strong team of executives and store team leaders, managing the talent through company’s tools and resources, and complying with all best practices as it relates to HR.
• Worked directly with District Manager to ensure all stores were fully staffed, trained, and compliant with state and federal guidelines.
• Oversaw both culture and operations of two districts, 16 stores, through partnership with HR Executives on site and Store Managers.
• Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
• Train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees. From February 2008 to March 2011 (3 years 2 months) Greater Chicago AreaExecutive Team Lead HR @ • Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants for location.
• Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting policies and administering corrective action and helping resolve work-related problems.
• Provide advice to managers on organizational policy updates, ensure equipment training and certifications were complete, and recommend suggestions on process improvement.
• Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
• Administer compensation, benefits, performance management systems, and safety and recognition programs. From June 2005 to February 2008 (2 years 9 months) Greater Chicago AreaSales and Training Manager/HR @ • Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
• Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
• Train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, development, and holding teams accountable for performance.
• Trained team on all aspects of the business including sales and merchandising. From April 2002 to June 2005 (3 years 3 months) Greater Chicago Area
Bachelor’s Degree, Art/Art Studies, General @ Arizona State University From 1992 to 1996 Megan Wszalek is skilled in: Retail, Leadership, Supply Chain, Logistics, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, Inventory Management, Performance Management, Training, Employee Relations, Team Building, Human Resources, Customer Service, Team Leadership, Hiring
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension