Manager, eCommerce Mobile Product Development @ Marriott International
James Madison University
Competent, capable, creative and experienced professional with an entrepreneurial spirit in which innovative ideas are pursued with a relentless drive to execution. Motivated by challenges and opportunities associated with start ups and evolving organizations, I am a hands-on leader and contributor that performs well in fast-paced environments. Dependable and dedicated, I am committed to providing a consistently
Competent, capable, creative and experienced professional with an entrepreneurial spirit in which innovative ideas are pursued with a relentless drive to execution. Motivated by challenges and opportunities associated with start ups and evolving organizations, I am a hands-on leader and contributor that performs well in fast-paced environments. Dependable and dedicated, I am committed to providing a consistently high level of performance across a broad range of responsibilities.
Connect with me using:
►►► [email protected] ◄◄◄
►►► (571) 426-9409 ◄◄◄
Specialties: Product Development, Product Management, Program Management, IT Project Management (PMP), Mobile Applications, B2B Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, Start-ups, Partner Management, Vendor Management, Content Management, Technical Account Management, Engagement Management, Client Solutions Delivery, Requirements Analysis, Data Analysis, SaaS, Agile
Manager, eCommerce Mobile Product Development @ Using SDLC methodologies including waterfall, Agile and others to develop the next generation of mobile guest services for Marriott hotels. Focus is on improving the on-property guest experience by leveraging mobile technologies to automate check-in, check-out, service requests, digital key, location-based marketing, and other products. Efforts support evolving Marriott global initiatives that seek to improve guest satisfaction and address the travel and leisure needs of a changing demographic customer base. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Managing Member @ Acquisition and management of commercial real estate. From August 2004 to Present (11 years 5 months) Senior Director, Product Development @ • Led succesful program to increase revenues through development and expansion of mobile, satellite, and broadband e-commerce products
• Managed client solutions delivery program and projects for deploying managed service (SaaS)
• Expertise in digital marketing techniques, CPA, CPC, CPV, and CPx advertising, and data analysis
• Responsible for pre-sales and post-sales engagement management activities for domestic and international customers
• Managed internal and customer cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration and operation of Paxfire technologies on customer networks
• Sought, built and maintained relationships with vendors that added value, improved revenues and expanded core services footprint
• Project managed systems and sofware product development using PMI framework and SDLC methodologies.
• Advocated and championed products to senior management and led product marketing efforts with customers From August 2008 to March 2012 (3 years 8 months) Director, Partner Services @ • Led client solutions delivery and engagement management duties for managed service that resulted in strong customer renewal rates and increased organic revenue generation.
• Improved and accelerated managed service (SaaS) delivery at Paxfire by restructuring client solution delivery processes.
• Identified and corrected weaknesses in pre-sales support and trial provisioning by designing innovative technical solution. From August 2007 to August 2008 (1 year 1 month) President @ • Founded, owned and operated first high-end motorcycle rental, touring and retail business in the Washington, DC Metro Area
• Awarded top franchise honors in 2005 and 2006 for superior customer service and operational excellence From March 2002 to July 2007 (5 years 5 months) Director, Product Marketing @ • Developed product development plan for introduction and support of system utilities and tools for small and medium sized businesses to manage online systems
• Researched, recruited, and negotiated terms and conditions with best-of-breed Internet technology companies for re-branding and sale of their products From August 2001 to April 2002 (9 months) Program Manager @ • Managed effort to re-architect and build mission critical worldwide gTLD top level domain infrastructure that resolved the .com, .net and .org domains
• Oversaw efforts across departments to enable the development and commercial availability of DNS Managed Services
• Facilitated, co-wrote, and managed development of technical and business proposals From February 1999 to June 2001 (2 years 5 months) Senior Network Consultant @ • Designed, implemented and configured Cisco-switched network, firewall, secure remote access (VPN), and network management solutions for State Department, AID and Department of Defense (DoD) Agencies From 1995 to 1998 (3 years) Washington D.C. Metro AreaSenior Network Architect @ • Designed network management and systems solutions, led technical RFP responses, and managed contract implementations for Federal Civilian Agencies and not-for-profit organizations From 1993 to 1995 (2 years) Washington D.C. Metro AreaSenior Systems Engineer, National Federal Marketing @ • Initiated and led client-server support organization that assisted Federal Marketing Representatives in supporting client initiatives to move to open computing platforms
• Trading Area contact for mid-range S/370 computing solutions
• Developed hardware, software, and communication solutions, wrote technical RFP responses, and led technical teams on implementation of large contracts for Federal Civilian Agency customers From 1981 to 1992 (11 years) Washington D.C. Metro Area
MBA, Business Economics and Public Policy @ The George Washington University - School of Business From 1988 to 1992 BS, Economics @ James Madison University From 1978 to 1980 CW Woodward High School From 1974 to 1976 Matthew Kirn is skilled in: Product Development, Product Management, Strategic Partnerships, Start-ups, Partner Management, Vendor Management, Account Management, Engagement Management, Client Solutions Delivery, DNS, TCP/IP, User Interface Design, Mobile Internet, Mobile Design, Mobile Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension