BSME, Mechanical Engineering @
Western New England University
Highly energized collaborative leader who is comfortable in all areas of the business from the shop floor to the C-Suite, and has a passion to win. Has built a career around leading turnaround situations, while assembling and motivating teams to deliver bottom line results. Never backs down from a challenge, makes tough decisions, and personally commits to
Highly energized collaborative leader who is comfortable in all areas of the business from the shop floor to the C-Suite, and has a passion to win. Has built a career around leading turnaround situations, while assembling and motivating teams to deliver bottom line results. Never backs down from a challenge, makes tough decisions, and personally commits to finish what has been started.
Accomplishments and Highlights
- $50M P&L and general management responsibility of the PolyOne Glasforms business, 230 associates. Led turn around post acquisition delivering double digit improvements across all metrics year over year; Sales, Gross Margin, OI, and Working Capital
- $100M sales director responsibility $20M operating income improvement in five years, leading a team of 20 sales and business development managers
- Transformed $80M commodities business into a $100M specialties business >20%GM, developed a specialty focus strategy rebuilt the team
Strong work ethic and proven performance leading to roles of increasing responsibility within the industrial, aerospace, and chemical industries, including an international assignment in Brazil. Have worked, trained, and been developed by multi billion dollar companies; United Technologies, General Electric and PolyOne. Continuously strive to develop and improve my competency skill set with continued career growth.
General Manager @ General Manager for PolyOne Glasforms Advanced Composites
- Responsible for the $50M P&L and General Management of the Glasforms business, 230 employees, 6 plants, and a sales office in California
- Restructured the business for performance, promoted and hired top talent into key functions
- Strong focus on financial performance post acquisition, delivered triple digit operating income expansion
- Commercial Director responsibility for $100M engineered materials business unit, 20 associates including 3 regional sales managers, and 17 business development mangers From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Birmingham, Alabama AreaCommercial Director North America @ Set and executed a commercial strategy to transform the business from a low margin commodities provider to a high end specialties business, resulting in several years of double digit improvement, exceeding OI expectations
- Managed $100M sales and marketing team, fourteen team members including 2 mangers, focused on upgrading talent
- Exceeded OI & gross margin expectations by exceeding the annual operating plan
- Created, developed and promoted two sales managers with 4-5 person teams, developing bench strength and career paths
- Directed the team and set the strategy to align with targeted segments and customers to value sell the portfolio
- Team player who works with all facets of the Business to exceed expectations, and transform the business From April 2008 to December 2012 (4 years 9 months) National Sales Manager @ Responsible for a delivering the double digit growth on a $50M annual operating plan with a team of 8 direct regional sales engineers, while working with the management team to lead change within the new EM Division.
- Assembled a new team of 8 sales engineers, recruited, hired, on-boarded, and trained this new team from scratch
- Utilized a dynamic model approach to develop the $50M Annual Operating Plan, presented to executive staff
- Qtr over Qtr performance on Specialty/Focus Grades up 64% on Rev, 10% on GM, & ASP up 12%
- Mentored and Coached the Sales Team in the field calling on customers; traveling with each rep at least once per qtr From March 2007 to March 2008 (1 year 1 month) National Account Manager @ Responsible for Double Digit revenue growth year over year, volume and ASP metrics to deliver maximum contribution margin to the business with Internal & External Distribution Channels and Direct Customers.
- Managed a $40M National Territory and delivered YOY 15% growth, managed to Revenue, Volume, and ASP metrics
- Exceeded expectations in 2006, resulting in additional $15M Territory Expansion in 2007
- Maintained market share by growing small /mid size accounts 34%, and recovered over $1MM in lost business
- MVP 2006 From January 2004 to March 2007 (3 years 3 months) Pittsfield, Massachusetts AreaField Market Developmet Engineer @ Field Marketing/Application Development Engineer 2002 - 2004
Manage northeast geographical marketing territory by developing and closing targets to an annual OP Plan of $1.5M. Brought New Product Introductions to a diverse technical market and specify GE Products.
- Delivered $1.7M of incremental revenue in 2004, 126% year over year, exceeded OP Plan by 13%
- Re-established vacant marketing territory and grew target build by 60% 1st yr and >100% 2nd yr, pipeline of $16M
- Developed more than 150 solid contacts and relationships within a diverse OEM’s across large marketing territory
- 2003 & 2004 MVP Award From January 2002 to January 2004 (2 years 1 month) Senior Test Engineer @ Lead application test development effort of supporting Global Marketing. Engineer and design application test laboratories and protocols, recommend engineering interpretations of test results
- Engineered necessary components and implemented $150K Air Bag Test Facility
- Managed and coordinated onsite test evaluation with Hyundai, assisted with securing 1M kg EAV
- Completed DFSS, ACFC, and DMAIC Six Sigma Projects which delivered over $300K in savings From September 2000 to January 2002 (1 year 5 months) Pittsfield, Massachusetts AreaSenior Test Engineer - United Technologies @ Hamilton Sundstrand is a global manufacturer of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products used on commercial, regional, corporate, and military aircraft with approximately $4 billion in annual revenue.
Multiple Roles as a Sr. R&D Test Engineer 1996 - 2000
Project Leader for Air Management Systems on site in Brazil
- Delivered time critical instrumentation designs for flight test aircraft
- Led a team of engineers to fulfill Data Acquisition requirements, met corporate and FAA conformity
Senior Test Engineer responsible for twenty R&D Test Laboratories
- Engineering Expertise; Test Facility Design, Instrumentation, and Data Acquisition
- Matrix Management of Union Employees and Facilities Engineering From 1997 to 2000 (3 years)
MBA, Business @ Western New England University From 1998 to 2000 BSME, Mechanical Engineering @ Western New England University From 1992 to 1997 Matthew Borowiec is skilled in: Cross-functional Team Leadership, Management, Polymers, Strategy, Business Development, Injection Molding, Manufacturing, New Business Development, Integration, Six Sigma, Product Development, P&L, Plastics, Leadership, Salesforce.com
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension