Vice President Customer Support - Consumer Tax and Quicken @
Senior Vice President Global Technical Services @
Six Sigma Quality Leader and Master Black Belt, Technology Management Services Division @
2 year progress toward degree @
The University of Texas at Austin
I am an experienced executive with focus as a highly strategic, visionary Customer Experience Leader capable of delivering transformational results. I have led multiple turn arounds for customer support organizations, call centers support centers turning them into a growth lever and differentiator, driving increased customer promotion and delight. I am a true veteran in leading teams through
I am an experienced executive with focus as a highly strategic, visionary Customer Experience Leader capable of delivering transformational results. I have led multiple turn arounds for customer support organizations, call centers support centers turning them into a growth lever and differentiator, driving increased customer promotion and delight. I am a true veteran in leading teams through large scale change. I have comprehensive experience in building global customer support, including organizational structure, culture, and business operations. In all that I have done my record is that of accomplishing key company objectives and exceeding expectations.
- Broad experience in customer advocacy, customer experience across organizations, sales, product management, operations, technology, finance and quality
- Inspirational leader recognized for developing individuals, teams, and organizations to achieve amazing results
- Extensive product management experience with customer-centric design, rapid experimentation, self-service and experience strategy
- Vast program management and quality experience that includes utilizing leading tools/methodologies
- Experienced in developing, implementing, and managing customer centric sales, global operations, marketing, and back office systems
My personal leadership focus:
+ Creating a powerful, clear, strategic vision that inspires and aligns stakeholders
- Compellingly making the bigger case for change...and rigorously supporting this with data.
- While approaching transformation with distinctive innovation and creativity
+ Leading with an adaptive, systemic, learning mindset
- Demonstrating strong domain expertise and business acumen
- Thinking end to end and from multiple perspectives
- Constantly seeking and adopting external best practices
- Embracing and internalizing feedback
+ Leading with a deeply authentic, sustained passion while demonstrating great tenacity and courage
Senior Vice President Global Technical Services @ Promote and lead a world-class customer support organization that leverages the latest technologies, methodologies and engagement channels to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Sophos already has one of the industry’s highest reputations for support quality and customer satisfaction. Winfield’s mission will be to enhance that reputation even further; her organization will serve as the focal point for the “voice of the customer” within Sophos and advocate for customers’ needs across all facets of the business. From October 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 6 months) Vice-President Customer Care, Small Business Division @ Provided a comprehensive and authoritative view of the Small Business customer to create corporate and customer strategy that maximized customer net promoter, acquisition, retention and profitability. Engaging the organization in managing our customer relationships, revenue and profit. Drove the organization to work together to optimize the end to end customer experience. Led organization in continuing transformational cultural journey taking our view of customers from an expense only perspective with little connection to the overall experience to one of caring for our customers and creating exceptional experiences that drove word of mouth, retention and growth. Created end to end accountability for customer experience across the Small Business ecosystem, reframing customer problems and opportunities from a customer's perspective focusing the organization on providing one seamless proactive experience.
- Expanded our strategy across all the Small Business products and services, focusing on delighting customs and demonstrating to them that we truly care
- Built a highly engaged team, taking employee engagement from 66% to 85%
- Increased Net Promoter 12 points
- Increased "Do you think we care about you" 15 points
- Generating $150M in sales and $20M in business contribution
- Responsible for team of 2,000 employees, with an additional 2,000 outsourced employees through 3 partners.
- Leading 3 Vice Presidents and 3 Directors across the Small Business focus areas of financial management, employee management and payments, including Intuit Global Customer Care
- Primary focus on elimination of customer pain - designing and launching pain free products; removing existing pain at the root cause, and transforming our self help experience
- Additional focus on delivering an awesome assisted experience - right talent, hiring, developing and rewarding employees to delight customers; designing and organizing around the work and implementing great systems and tools From September 2011 to July 2013 (1 year 11 months) Vice President Customer Care, Financial Management Solutions @ Led the Financial Management Solutions Customer Care organization. Also the leader of the Small Business Customer Care ecosystem. Set the vision for the long term while delivering day to day outcomes. Began the journey to transform support to an organization that cares about our customers.
- Built a high performing leadership team, bringing in new talent to strengthen the leadership team
- Responsible for team of 150 employees and 1,500 outsourced employees through 3 partners
- Established focus on hiring to values - care representatives that can delight customers, not just resolve issues; took employee engagement from 66 to 84 in one year
- Changed the team mindset from gap closing and plan management focus to best you can be results, building a team known for execution
- Simplified measures from 150 measurement to 3 key levers that drive delight - resolution, ease and caring; creating first company wide Customer Care dashboard
- Established care engineering focus with product development to eliminate long standing customer issues, establishing first ever "Pain Index" as a way to get at these issues
- Created customer call back program for all employees to connect with customers around their reasons for detraction and promotion, culminating in a monthly customer experience review
- Took customer support as the top reason for detraction to a reason for customer delight eliminating 2M non value added contacts while improving sales 25%; improving Net Promoter score 15 - 25 points
- Visible leader with great one to many communication, inspiring the organization to transform our culture to care about our customers - work with IDEO to re-imagine our support experience and expanding that focus across Intuit From September 2009 to September 2011 (2 years 1 month) Vice President Customer Support - Consumer Tax and Quicken @ Led the Consumer Group Customer Support organization. Also the leader of the first Intuit Customer Care Community. Set the vision for the long term while delivering day to day outcomes.
- Responsible for a team of 150 with 2,700 outsourced employees with 2 partners
- Doubled resolution and cut repeat calls in half
- Drove employee engagement up from 54% to 75%
- Moved support onshore with minimal cost impact
- Improved handling of contacts, eliminating long wait times and increasing capacity of channels
- Transformed self help through improved web support, live community implementation and Ask Tina (automated web agent) From September 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 1 month) Director, Organization and Process Excellence @ Leveraged leadership skills to coach mindset and process changes necessary to successfully implement Process Excellence and build organization's leadership capability. Led a 7 person team to drive critical business results in the customer and employee experience. Began process excellence work in Order to Cash and transitioned to leader for all of Finance supporting Intuit's CFO.
- Delivered for customers through working with business units and functional teams to drive growth by improving the total customer experience
- Accelerated Intuit's organizational capacity through teaching and application of process excellence mindset and methodology
- Led Order to Cash organization through journey to get closer to customer experience "Staple yourself to an order"
- Led Finance transformation work to deliver better internal customer experience and focus on key business outcome From November 2002 to September 2007 (4 years 11 months) Director, Business Processes and Operations @ Established and managed the Business Operations and Customer Care teams. Instituted the customer support desk, implementing and managing Siebel and all call center management tools.Implemented business processes for the organization - customer care, operations, product development, finance, sales and marketing. Responsible for all customer account teams focused on software implementation and services. Responsible for the Portfolio Management organization as well as leading the operations and technology teams. From March 2000 to November 2002 (2 years 9 months) Engagement/Transition Leader @ Conducted customer assessments and due diligence to support proposed outsourcing contract proposals and renewals. Established processes, staffing, metrics, and governing assumptions required in delivering mainframe, server, network and e-business outsourcing solutions. Analyzed and improved system reliability, output quality and help desk efficiency. Managed 6 Transition Leaders in the start up of newly acquired customers; ensuring contract compliance, deliverable and deadline achievement along with problem resolution. Designed all start up engagement protocols. Salvaged in- jeopardy GE outsourcing contract through system control redesign. Participated in top leadership development program/competition and won "The Next Lou Gerstner" award. From March 1999 to March 2000 (1 year 1 month) Transition Manager @ Began as Transition Leader for the sale of the Alpharetta Data Center to IBM Global Services. Managed the day to day work for the Systems Management and Control transition, i.e. security, disaster recovery, problem/change management, measurement and reporting, and data quality. Directed 5 teams comprised of 30 highly skilled technical and project coordination personnel. Served as the key customer contact. From April 1998 to March 1999 (1 year) Six Sigma Quality Manager and Master Black Belt, Technology Management Services Division @ Managed the Quality teams and Quality Leaders (Black Belts) at the GE Alpharetta Data Center. Driving process improvement through leadership and coaching on Quality tools and methodology. Provided process consulting, training and analysis for business Process Owners. Leader in the Business Quality Council with responsibility for developing the overall business Quality strategy, objectives and policies. From June 1997 to April 1998 (11 months) Quality Leader, Technology Management Solutions Division @ Provided overall business Quality leadership. Implemented Six Sigma, First wave of Quality Leaders within GE Capital. Certified as Master Black Belt - Six Sigma and Design for Excellence. Responsible for the development of the business Quality strategy, communications, training and measurement for the overall business. Managed and developed 6 Black Belts and a Re-engineering Project Manager. Developed and facilitated 7 process improvement teams, 2 re-engineering teams, resulting in $5M bottom line improvement. Management of overall business operations - 70 employees, 12 managers. Transition leader for the sale of the business - due diligence and process through disposition of the business. From October 1996 to June 1997 (9 months) Product Marketing Manger, Computer Leasing Division @ Responsible for performing marketing research, analysis and segmentation for high-profile products identified by the business for key strategic investments. Areas of equipment focus included: Mainframe, Midrange, Storage and Desktop. Provided marketing support for product teams and account executives. Analyzed portfolio customers, equipment concentration and buying patterns. Developed sales and product strategies, including pinpoint marketing programs. Designed marketing collateral and training material. Managed Telemarketing operations and day to day telemarketing activities. Developed company's first customer satisfaction survey, customer centric marketing system, and a sales territory management system. Designed and maintained industry news summary, corporate marketing newsletter, customer success stories and campaigns along with the overall company newsletter for employees. From May 1994 to April 1996 (2 years) Senior Account Specialist, Team Leader/Contract Manager, Computer Leasing Division @ Served as primary headquarters contact for account executives and customers. Facilitated product teams, private placement, credit and legal to provide deal pricing, structure, contracts and overall account management. Due Diligence leader for new portfolio acquisition, team leader for largest company deal of $30M portfolio acquisition. Contract Manager developing contracts and related documentation for retail leases and end of lease activities for high technology equipment - computers, mainframes, storage, etc. Managed new and used equipment procurement and disposal. Contract negotiations for new equipment as well as end of lease activities. From February 1993 to May 1994 (1 year 4 months) Accounting Specialist, Computer Leasing Division @ Managed customer receivables. Responsible for auditing and reconciliation of problem accounts. Created and implemented sales receivable and refund procedures. Leadership award for eliminating $50M cash held in suspense while defining process for applicaiton of all cash within 24 hours of receipt. From March 1992 to February 1993 (1 year) Lease Booking Specialist, Computer Leasing Division @ Responsible for deal information sent to lease booking and the auditing of accounts and billing history. Moved from temporary position to full time position. From April 1991 to March 1992 (1 year)
BA, Political Science @ The University of Texas at Dallas From 1990 to 1991 2 year progress toward degree, History and Political Science @ The University of Texas at Austin From 1987 to 1989 Paralegal studies, Paralegal, Completed Certificate Requirements @ St. Mary's College of California From 1991 to 1993 Mary Winfield is skilled in: Leadership Development, Customer Experience Design, Six Sigma, Change Management, Culture Change, Customer Engagement, Customer Acquisition, Customer Retention, Customer Support, Process Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, Operations Management, Net Promoter Score, Customer Experience
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension