Chief Marketing and Digital Officer [Consulting] @ ansarada
Digital Director [Consulting] @ MYER
Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation @
Swinburne University of Technology
DIGITAL PIONEER / CHIEF DIGITAL OFFICER
I design, create and optimise the digital intersections between consumers, employees, business, entertainment and technology. I’m an exceptional digital and marketing professional with more than 20 years of B2C and B2B experience across the Asia Pacific, BRIC and North American markets, spanning the financial services, ICT, retail, government, telecommunications, media and
DIGITAL PIONEER / CHIEF DIGITAL OFFICER
I design, create and optimise the digital intersections between consumers, employees, business, entertainment and technology. I’m an exceptional digital and marketing professional with more than 20 years of B2C and B2B experience across the Asia Pacific, BRIC and North American markets, spanning the financial services, ICT, retail, government, telecommunications, media and entertainment industries.
Building the eCommerce Division of Tabcorp from scratch in 2000, to more than $700m in annual Revenue and $41m EBIT in 2005 (now a $3B per annum channel).
Digital Transformation, Marketing Technologist, eCommerce, PIM, MRM, MDM, Mobile, Cloud, Social, Marketing Automation.
1. I have extensive hand’s-on experience with digital strategy and digital transformation and the building and operationalisation of great digital capabilities and teams.
2. I’ve developed Points of View, Strategy Frameworks and Playbooks around Social Marketing, Measurement, Social CRM, Marketing Automation, Digital Marketing Platforms, Product Information Management, Digital Asset Management, Marketing Resource Management, PaaS, IoT, Cloud, Mobile & more.
3. I am a data driven practitioner with extensive experience developing advanced measurement, research, testing and performance optimisation frameworks, analytical teams and executional capabilities.
4. I have been at the forefront of digital, marketing and eCommerce innovation in many of my roles implementing many new ideas, campaigns, products, processes, business models and importantly the building of new digital and other related capabilities to consistently achieve and exceed business and financial goals.
5. I have the highly sought after ability to understand the intersections between consumer and employee and market behaviour and technology, with a natural ability to communicate and bridge all things digital across marketing, sales, IT, finance, ELT's & board members.
Chief Digital Officer @ I lead the transformation and management of Aesop’s global digital thinking, education and capability.
Aesop was established in Melbourne, Australia in 1987. Our objective has always been to formulate skin, hair and body care products of the finest quality; we investigate widely to source plant-based and laboratory-made ingredients, and use only those with a proven record of safety and efficacy. In each of our unique stores, informed consultants are pleased to introduce our range and to guide your selections.
Alongside our commercial activities, we explore and support the arts as an avenue through which to inspire, learn and communicate.
We are headquartered in Melbourne, and we have offices and stores in many parts of the world, including New York, London, Paris, Tokyo, Oslo, Geneva, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Taipei, Hong Kong and many others. From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Melbourne, AustraliaDigital Transformation [Consulting] @ I am currently advising MYER on Digital Transformation, a Marketing and Merchandising Technology Roadmap and associated Change Management.
Some of the key capability areas I am working on are:
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Digital Marketing Platform Strategy
- Product Information Management (PIM)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Marketing Resource Management (MRM)
- Marketing Automation
- Business Intelligence
- Marketing Measurement Framework
- Data Governance Strategy
- Providing general advice to the Executive team, middle management and front-line marketers, merchandisers, finance and IT professionals around all things Digital; strategy, technology, change management and best practices.
In addition to providing advice, I am writing detailed Point of View documents for each key capability area to help bring the organisation together around a common understanding and a clear view of best practices, what that capability will mean to MYER and how it fits in and integrates with other capabilities, systems and teams. This also includes developing business cases, detailed requirements, cost analysis and conducting high level vendor evaluations. A significant component of this effort is on understanding and mapping the current state and then optimising and re-engineering processes for the optimal future state [change management].
The unique value I'm bringing to MYER is that I have not only implemented these capabilities and technologies on numerous occasions across different industries, I have also had to establish, build and operationalise the people, processes and capabilities, develop the relevant change management program including digital acceleration and build digital centres of excellence.
Importantly, I'm leading a strong, collaborative partnership between Marketing, Merchandising and IT to help them achieve faster, lower cost, lower risk and more efficient and effective programs and investments. From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Melbourne, AustraliaProducer @ This is my side project producing the documentary and upcoming feature film based on the true story of The Battle of Long Tan. In 2006 I created, co-wrote, produced and marketed the ASTRA Award Winning and TV Week Logie Award nominated, Battle of Long Tan documentary for The History Channel which was narrated by Sam Worthington (AVATAR, TERMINATOR SALVATION, CLASH OF THE TITANS). To this day it is still the highest ever rating documentary on FOXTEL.
Our $17m feature film DANGER CLOSE is based upon the true story of The Battle of Long Tan.
I am producing DANGER CLOSE along with my producing partner Charles Hannah (THE WORLD's FASTEST INDIAN, UNFOLDING FLORENCE, CONTROL) and Sam Worthington's Producing Partner John Schwarz (DEADLINE GALLIPOLI, HUNTER'S PRAYER).
Australian Writer/Director Stuart Beattie (COLLATERAL, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, TOMORROW WHEN THE WAR BEGAN) has written an amazing script for DANGER CLOSE and he has joined us as an Executive Producer as has Sam Worthington and Michael Schwarz from Sam Worthington's FULL CLIP PRODUCTIONS.
Award winning Australian Director Kriv Stenders who directed the 2011 Australian box office hit RED DOG and KILL ME THREE TIMES is directing DANGER CLOSE.
Our Casting Director is the Emmy Award Winning Christine King. Christine won a Primetime Emmy for her casting on Steven Spielberg and Tom Hank's THE PACIFIC. Her other films include STAR WARS III, X-MEN, MOULIN ROUGE, GHOST RIDER, RED DOG, HUGO and many others. From February 2005 to Present (10 years 11 months) Sydney, AustraliaDirector Digital (Consulting) @ I provided strategic, implementation, transformational and operationalisation advice and guidance across digital, marketing and sales to Australian, New Zealand and international organisations working with former Commonwealth Bank CMO and DELL VP, (now CMO of XERO) Andy Lark.
- Marketing & Sales Measurement, Reporting and Analytics
- Marketing and Sales Transformation and Automation
- Digital Transformation and Acceleration
- Establishing, Developing and Implementing better Marketing and Sales Alignment
- Development, Implementation and Operationalisation of new Lead Lifecycle, Lead Management, Lead Nurturing and Content Marketing Capabilities
- Development of Buyer Personas
- Development, Implementation and Operationalisation of Sales Development & Inside Sales teams
- Development of Digital Marketing Platform and Technology Strategy, Requirements & Roadmaps (Product Information Management, Master Data Management, Marketing Resource Management, Marketing Automation, Digital Asset Management, Business Intelligence, Ecommerce, CRM, Merchandising Operations Management etc)
- Development of Centres of Excellence, Playbooks, Guides & Training to assist in operationalising the new capabilities
- Guide the Best Practice Setup and Configuration of CRM, Marketing Automation, Sales Force Automation, Social CRM and related Systems and Applications
- Development and Operationalisation of Inbound Marketing and Closed Loop Marketing & Sales Capabilities
- Development and Implementation of Data Governance Frameworks including definitions, taxonomies and information roadmaps From January 2014 to March 2015 (1 year 3 months) Sydney, AustraliaDirector Digital (Consulting to Office of the CMO) @ I am providing strategic, operational and executional digital marketing advice to the Commonwealth Bank's marketing team and agencies.
- Defining, establishing, operationalising and optimising a Marketing Automation and Lead Nurturing capability
- Developing a comprehensive Marketing/Digital Analytics Framework and capability
- Developing an integrated Digital Marketing Platform End-State vision
- Creating Digital Centres of Excellence and training marketers
- Assisting the Marketing team and agencies learn, operationalise and optimise all aspects of digital from landing pages, campaign design, dialogue, social influence marketing, SEO, PPC and much more. From April 2013 to September 2013 (6 months) Sydney, AustraliaDirector, Digital and Corporate Communications @ Developing and delivering a whole of government digital strategy, managing individual projects, providing advice and implementation services to assist NSW Government agencies in meeting Government objectives.
I lead and manage the operation and resources of digital strategy, communications, design, user experience, development, production, publishing and project teams to improve corporate communications and digital experiences for the NSW Department of Premier & Cabinet. From August 2012 to March 2013 (8 months) Sydney, AustraliaGeneral Manager - Marketing & Digital @ Responsibilities:
- Member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Marketing Strategy, Planning, Management & Execution
- Advertising & Sponsorship
- Public Relations
- Digital Marketing (Search, Social Influence Marketing, Social CRM etc)
- Brand, Solutions & Product Management
- Demand Generation (Inbound & Outbound Marketing)
- CRM / Lead Nurturing / Marketing Automation
- P&L Management
- Customer & Market Insights / Research
- Events & Hospitality
- Partner & Alliance Marketing
- Marketing Analytics & Data Management
- Marketing Team Management From March 2011 to August 2012 (1 year 6 months) Sydney, AustraliaHead of Digital Marketing @ From October 2009 to March 2011 (1 year 6 months) Head of Digital Marketing @ From October 2005 to July 2009 (3 years 10 months) Head of Digital / eCommerce @ Martin had autonomous responsibility for the P&L management, business development, marketing and sales management of TAB’s eCommerce business unit. Martin grew eCommerce turnover from AUD$20m per annum in FY2000 to more than AUD$700m per annum in FY05/06 and he grew channel EBIT from less than AUD$1m in FY2000 to more than AUD$41m in FY05/06. Martin also established Sky Racing TV online, one of the largest output broadcasters in the world and he delivered a 2 year $12m eCommerce technology rebuild project for his channel under budget. From October 2000 to October 2005 (5 years 1 month) Sydney, AustraliaMarketing Manager / Executive Producer - Sport (FOX SPORTS, NRL, AFL, NBL, OYLMPICS) @ From October 1999 to October 2000 (1 year 1 month) Sydney, AustraliaMarketing Manager (contract) @ From January 1998 to September 1999 (1 year 9 months)
Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation @ Swinburne University of Technology From 1993 to 1996 Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation @ Swinburne University of Technology From 1991 to 1993 Martin Walsh is skilled in: Digital Strategy, Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Direct Marketing, E-commerce, Marketing Management, CRM, SEO, SEM, Business Planning, Analytics, Interactive Marketing, Social Marketing, Strategy, Product Management