Ecommerce, Systems & Ops Manager @ Kids Play Store Ltd
Ecommerce Manager with a wealth of experience managing various departments including Sales , ecommerce, Customer Services and the distribution of products and services. Comfortable working with people at all levels and having a pragmatic approach to solving issues and implementing new business process to budget and time frame, embraces the challenge of managing change and learning new
Ecommerce Manager with a wealth of experience managing various departments including Sales , ecommerce, Customer Services and the distribution of products and services. Comfortable working with people at all levels and having a pragmatic approach to solving issues and implementing new business process to budget and time frame, embraces the challenge of managing change and learning new disciplines. With the ability to manage performance and motivate staff on an individual and team level.
Ecommerce Manager/ Director UK/ EMEA
Senior eCommerce Manager @ • Responsible for the development & the sales performance of hybris’ Software As A Service
• Building and running a team of digital content and merchandising experts
• Working with key people within the organization to sell apps & services to hybris’ end
customer through the AppExchange
• Establishing & Curating an attractive App & Service Catalogue
• Work cross-functionally to define and implement merchandising tools and processes, and site
• Coordinate with internal and external partnerships teams to develop and launch effective store
content and promotions.
• Identify and drive co-promotion or cross-promotion opportunities with internal and external
• Conduct metrics-based analyses of merchandising campaigns and provide recommendations
for enhancing their effectiveness From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Head of Ecommerce (UK) @ BISSELL Homecare
Head of Ecommerce (UK)
• Responsible for the UK Online channel strategy, www.bisselldirect.co.uk, Account Management of Amazon.co.uk.(2012-2013) grew to 1.9m turnover.
• Devise the strategy to develop Online through key retailors, ARGOS, CURRY'S,Tesco.
• Awarded a Shopzilla Circle of Excellence 2013 for outstanding consumer experience.
• Asses processes devise and implement systems to improve the User Experience,
• Liaise with offline marketing in regard to VBL and style guides, customer proposition and align it to Inventory, Value and service provision.
• Devise and implement Marketing/Merchandising and promotional activity to drive traffic and sales to the site, banners, discounts, email, social media, and Content Marketing.
• Launch the first Mobile site globally for BISSELL Jan 14 and devise mobile strategy.
• Manage the procurement of PPC, CRO and SEO agencies, devise and manage budget in excess of 200k to yield maximum ROI.
• CRO, develop customer journey and CRM strategies to improve journey through site .A /B and multivariate testing.
• Implement and devise strategies to increase traffic, i.e., landing page, auto responder technology, across all online channels.
• Experienced Digital Marketer, PPC, SEO Manager,Social Media ,Google analytic s.
• Manage PNL and produce budgets in line with future operational plans, and KPI in excess of £400k p.a.
• DRTV- Implement and devised strategy to deliver the digital proposition including Budget/Marketing/Technical, PPC and SEO site: www.bissellsteam.co.uk
• Excellent knowledge of Magento, configuration and architecture, Word Press ,CMS
• Development of range for accounts, margin management and promotional planning.
• Negotiation of Rebates and A+P in line with commercial goals.
• Merchandising-Stock Management and forecasting, ecommerce, and pure play accounts
• Contribute to global eCommerce team. From May 2012 to March 2015 (2 years 11 months) Slough, United KingdomEcommerce, Systems & Ops Manager @ • Manage the procurement of contract IT support for Multisite
Services, Service integrators for ecommerce platform, £50k
phase 1 Agreed, £50k phase 2 ,Logistics -100k per Year.
• Managing contracts with service suppliers carry out yearly
bench marking to obtain best proposition vs. cost. Saved
£20k in logistical and carrier costs in year contract renewal
• Manage contract in accordance with SLA.
• Responsible for managing the day to day running of the
business, recruitment, appraisals, and facilities.
• Comfortable at negotiating contracts at all levels believe in
open and honest feedback that is measurable
• Customer Journey -asses processes devise and implement
systems to improve the customer journey,
• Liaise with Marketing in regard to the customer proposition
and align it to Inventory, Value and service provision.
• Manage PNL and produce budgets in line with future
operational plans, and KPI.
• E commerce Operational Management-Responsible for the
day to day ruining of both websites and other sale channels,
EBay., Amazon, Crowd sourcing.
• Project Management, Scope writing through to completion
and UAT testing.
• Contacted suppliers to open new accounts, overcoming
objections of working with eCommerce companies.
• Increased customer proposition by increasing range on
website through additional suppliers
• Negotiated cost price and trade discounts
• Built relationships with suppliers and carried out range
• Margin Management negotiated best possible deals and
rebates for larger accounts
• Managed seasonal offerings in line with supplier promotional
calendar and Kids Play Store requirements.
• Responsible for PNL Management, Retail Pricing and
profitability of accounts From January 2008 to May 2012 (4 years 5 months) Franchise Owner @ From August 2005 to January 2008 (2 years 6 months) Field Sales Exec @ • Responsible for selling in additional / new product lines
• Installing and updating merchandising equipment
• Updating pos and marketing material to keep clients
abreast of the price point and profit available
• Managed territory to ensure that all clients were visited
at least twice a year (independent)
• Managed cash and carries in territory to ensure that visibility
of and all skews were on sale, liaised with stock control and
relevant account managers to maximise availability and keep
stock flowing through from Wrigley to Cash and carry
• Negotiated extra space based on the profitability of Wrigley
products vs. Competition.
• Attended trade shows for wriggly company ltd, discussed
profitability of products, introduced new Lines.
• Worked with National Account Manager to open new Cash
and Carries in territory.
• Updated and installed new POS Apparatus in Mults,
influenced mangers for best product placing.
• Influence and ensure understanding of the profitability of
Wrigley products and the importance of have good stock
• Designed and implemented the first stand alone trade stand
to be used in trade days to maximise visibility and presence
of Wrigley products.
• Effective stock control of equipment and products, to ensure
availability at all times. From May 2004 to August 2005 (1 year 4 months) General Manager @ From July 2002 to December 2003 (1 year 6 months) London, United KingdomBusiness Manager through to Operations Manager @ From August 1999 to October 2001 (2 years 3 months)
Foundation Year, Engineering, Pass @ Middlesex University From 1992 to 1993 Fortismere School Martin Gurney is skilled in: Management, Sales, Logistics, Pricing, E-commerce, Business Development, Project Management, Marketing, Retail, Recruiting, Customer Service, Time Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Process Improvement, Supply Chain
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension