I’ve spent hundreds of hours over the course of the past two years learning Ruby and the Rails framework in my free time. Using Ruby on Rails I’ve made a handful of web applications that showcase a variety of different skills through their functionality. Out of the 20+ projects I’ve completed, I am most proud of a Dribble clone I made called Show Your Work (http://mwdribbble.herokuapp.com/), a note taking app called MW Notebook (http://mw-notebook.herokuapp.com/) and a Twitter Clone (https://mwtwitter.herokuapp.com/). These apps demonstrate a variety of skills in both development and design. Each of these apps leverages the Devise gem for user authentication and various other gems including AWS-sdk, haml, paperclip, and faker. They were all created using version control with Git and deployed to Heroku.
**What I’m looking for**
I’m looking for a junior level development position where I can dive in head first to learn new skills and grow my existing ones. I would like to join a passionate, innovative team to develop projects that would challenge me. I have a strong desire to learn more and I'm willing to put in the time and effort required to do so.
Computer Technician @ • Assessed security issues within the network and deployed fixes to increase network security.
• Decreased size of lab images by 70% by analyzing and removing unnecessary software and
• Translated designs into front-end code for both internal and external sites.
• Designed and maintained databases for various applications and websites From August 2012 to October 2015 (3 years 3 months) Tuckerton, New JerseyTeaching Assistant - Computer Science II @ Teaching assistant for a Comp Sci II class. Worked with other students on projects using Processing and Python. From January 2012 to May 2012 (5 months) Greater New York City AreaIntern Technician @ • Prepared student and faculty computers for compliance with Bradford NAC.
• Assisted full-time technicians in diagnosing and repairing computer and network issues.
• Mentored new members of the team in diagnosing and repairing common issues. From February 2010 to May 2012 (2 years 4 months) Greater New York City Area