Head of Global Talent Acquisition @ Teva Pharmaceuticals
A proven , calm and pragmatic leader of large scale multi national talent acquisition solutions, able to deliver change through personal drive, credibility and gravitas. This capability has been built from 20 years of experience across multiple industry sectors, both within global organisations (Dell, Merck Sharp Dolm , Accenture and BP) and as an outsourced provider of
A proven , calm and pragmatic leader of large scale multi national talent acquisition solutions, able to deliver change through personal drive, credibility and gravitas. This capability has been built from 20 years of experience across multiple industry sectors, both within global organisations (Dell, Merck Sharp Dolm , Accenture and BP) and as an outsourced provider of services (Alexander Man Solutions and Accenture HR Services) to global /market leading organisations (General Electric, Unilever, Vodafone and Amazon). This blend of experience allows me to develop and lead recruitment solutions that are aligned to a companies business imperatives, maximising the use of cutting edge recruitment tools and processes to source and secure the right candidates.
Currently looking for my next career challenge @ I am looking for the opportunity to move into a challenging, dynamic recruitment leadership role that will make best use of my experience and knowledge built up over the last 20 years but that also one allows me to grow further. Please feel free to contact me should you have permanent or interim recruitment role that needs to be filled by an experienced recruitment leader. From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Global Client Partner - Technology, Media, Telcoms and Retail @ Responsible for creating the business development strategy and then driving it’s execution across the Technology, Media, Telcoms and Retail Industry sector.
Key focus on executive relationship development within current clients and building new relationships with potential clients by demonstrating full understanding of their recruitment challenges and sharing practical, proven , solution options.
Identified and secured a new Global Client, providing embedded executive search services across Europe and interim recruitment services in Asia.
Provided support, insights and contacts to the sales team to help secure a world leading on line retailer as a new client.
April 2013 - October 2014 Sector Director - Technology, Media and Telecoms
Responsible for both operational delivery and business development within the sector. Leading a team of over 300 recruitment professionals based in the UK, Europe, Asia and the US.
Lead negotiator for a contract extension with a major global client, taking service from delivering into one business unit in four countries to servicing eight business units across 17 countries.
Significantly beat budgeted contribution for the sector, through realising opportunities to delivery broader services to clients and by working closely with delivery teams to ensure that the quality of service delivered exceeded SLA bench marks. From April 2013 to July 2015 (2 years 4 months) London, United KingdomRecruiting & Staffing Lead for Europe, Middle East, Africa & Canada @ MSD (Merck) is one of the largest global healthcare providers employing more than 75,000 people across the world. MSD operates in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions, through prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer care and animal health products,
Responsible for the strategy and delivery of recruiting services to meet MSD's staffing needs across the EMEAC region.
Designed and rolled out an internal recruitment solution to provide dedicated support across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Canada capable of hiring 2,000+ employees a year focusing on low cost sourcing channels. Moving from a traditional service provided by HR generalists with only pockets of dedicated recruitment support, to a full Centre of Excellence model of specialist recruiters.
Built the recruiting and staffing team to 27 members, both permanent and contractor to allow flexibility to meet changing demands while following consistent processes. Sponsoring and supporting the rollout of Taleo to more than 40 countries to allow effective sourcing through multiple channels, improved candidate care and business relevant reporting. From January 2011 to March 2013 (2 years 3 months) United KingdomInterim Implementation Consultant @ Providing bid support to SERCO to develop detailed implementation plans for a potential outsource of the national recruitment activities of a significant governmental employer. Building the approach and documentation to chart the effective transition from the "as is" service to the proposed "to be" service with a detailed focus on the changing recruitment process. 2 month contract through to proposal submission. From October 2010 to November 2010 (2 months) Director Talent Acquisistion - EMEA @ Reporting to the Vice President HR for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) held responsibility for all hiring within the region, (over 6,500 hires annually).
· Introduced a standardised recruitment process across the region, transitioning the existing traditionally country focused recruitment teams into one regional structure with matrixed responsibilities to deal with globalised business demands. This restructure enabled an FTE reduction in over all team size from 75 to 58.
· Based from London, managed the creation of administration hubs in Bratislava and Casablanca to handle sourcing and administrative tasks including: interview scheduling; purchase orders; internal eligibility checks; etc., for EMEA - moving headcount out of high office locations centres. This drove a small headcount reduction 4 FTE but gave a 40% wage arbitrage benefit across the remaining team of 18.
· Developed and implemented a ‘virtual’ sourcing hub of recruitment specialists to deliver internal ‘agency’ support, focused on low and no cost recruitment channels - agency usage across the region decreased from above 20% to 8%.
· Took ownership around assessing and reconstructing a fragmented contingent hiring process run by individual business managers across EMEA which delivered a $4.8M cost-saving in its first year of operation.
· Led the global management team responsible for integrating the Perot Systems Recruitment team into Dell, post $3Bn acquisition, incorporating the best practices from both companies.
· Led the senior project team organising the annual EMEA HR senior manager summit. (Two day event, 100 delegates, external speakers, venue, content design). From June 2007 to September 2010 (3 years 4 months) EMEA recruitment Director (Accenture HR Services) @ April 2006 – June 2007 Director Recruitment, EMEA (Accenture HR Services)
Reporting to the Head of Operations for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) with responsibility for delivery of all recruitment services within the region including the deployment of services to new clients.
· Responsible for the financial performance and service quality of this operation, which is comprised of over 250 people working in 16 countries with a current revenue stream of $45M (excluding spend with third parties).
· Provided information and guidance on recruitment processes within EMEA, as the subject matter expert within Accenture HR Services, to clients and potential clients at Board/C-Suite Level
March 2005 – March 2006 Director Resourcing Solutions, EMEA (Accenture HR Services)
Reporting to the Head of Sales for EMEA with responsibility for recruitment solution design for potential clients requiring an outsourced recruitment service.
· Senior member of the Sales team that successfully won the tender to supply global HR services to Unilever. My role included ownership of the design and development of a global recruitment solution for Unilever, to provide a consistent recruitment service in 37 countries and 11 languages.
· Successfully designed outsourced recruitment solutions for Rentokil Initial and BUPA and played a key role in the successful sale of the solutions to these clients resulting in the first stand alone RPO services delivered by Accenture to clients
· Deep experience of the functional requirements of e-recruitment solutions and the effective use of this developing technology. As such I advised Accenture clients on the selection of ATS technologies to meet their needs. I was a guest speaker to SAP HR user groups on e-recruitment and at industry seminars on recruitment topics (Candidate Warehousing now known as Talent Pooling). From 1998 to 2007 (9 years) Director of Resourcing Services (Accenture HR Services) @ August 2002 – February 2005 Director Resourcing Services (Accenture HR Services)
Reporting to the CEO Europe with responsibility for the delivery of all resourcing services to UK clients (BT, mm02, Cable & Wireless and Accenture), including staff redeployment, internal and external recruitment.
· Full management responsibilities for a team of 160 staff based in various locations across the UK and also Bangalore with a $25M revenue stream (excluding spend with third parties).
· Subject matter expert for all resourcing opportunities including development and design of resourcing solutions for prospective UK clients.
· Consulted specialist providers on technical and psychometric testing tools to provide assistance to clients in making recruitment.
· Designed consistent US/UK recruitment process’ allowing improved leveraging of assets between countries. From 2002 to 2005 (3 years) London, United KingdomUK Recruitment Manager @ June 2001 – July 2002 UK Recruitment Manager (Accenture HR Services)
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Recruitment with responsibility for building the senior UK management team of this new Accenture HR outsourcing venture. Worked with the CEO Europe to build his team of direct reports in sales and operations.
· Contributed to the formulation of the company’s strategy with regards to organisational structure.
· Responsible for the creation of person and role profiles to enable the recruitment of the required talent, resulting in improved accuracy and more accurate short lists.
· Successfully recruited five executives and 10 senior managers.
February 2000 – May 2001 Recruitment Manager, UK (Accenture HR Services)
Reporting to the UK and Ireland Managing Partner.
· Responsible for the delivery of 120 experienced hires within the Communications and High Technology Market unit
· Managed and developed a team of four and utilised a budget of £2.5M to deliver these scarce resources Define within a 12 month period. I recruited from new Consultant to Associate Partner level.
· Selected from among my peers as the UK representative for a European wide recruitment initiative, using webinars to increase awareness of Accenture and act as a recruitment channel.
March 1998 – January 2000 Recruitment Lead, (Accenture HR Services)
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment for UK and Ireland
· Worked alongside the Service Centre Director to develop the process to staff a 300 seat European support centre for Accenture in Dublin.
· Managed the recruitment process for this period working with a team of two recruiters and agency providers to ensure we brought in the scarce skills required to set up this “showcase” capability From 1998 to 2002 (4 years) London, United KingdomRetail Teritory Manager @ Originally employed by Mobil Oil on graduate programme before retail merger meant moving to BP From 1995 to 1998 (3 years) United KingdomOfficer @ From 1990 to 1995 (5 years)
2.2 Hons, Manufacturing Systems Management @ University of East London From 1986 to 1990 Canford School From 1982 to 1986 Mark Tennant is skilled in: Recruiting, Management Of International Teams, Sourcing, Talent Management, Applicant Tracking Systems, Outsourcing, Talent Acquisition, Strategy, Performance Management, Technical Recruiting, Change Management, Management, Team Leadership
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension