"What Would You Do?" Casting Director @ Started as an Associate Producer, then transitioned to Casting actors and Talent Coordinating for the show. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) NYCCo-Founder & Writer @ Co-created and named the independent TV review website "Save It for the Commercial Break." Followed certain shows and wrote ongoing reviews/recaps.
"What Would You Do?" Casting Director @ Started as an Associate Producer, then transitioned to Casting actors and Talent Coordinating for the show. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 1 month) NYCCo-Founder & Writer @ Co-created and named the independent TV review website "Save It for the Commercial Break." Followed certain shows and wrote ongoing reviews/recaps. Brought on new writers to follow more shows and build bigger reach. Helped publicize on Facebook.
http://commercialbreaktv.wordpress.com/ From September 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Festival Assistant & Event Host @ Assisting Festival Director and team at each drive-in each summer. Helping with signage, prizes, and giveaways, and asking community for donations. Hosted fundraising event in February 2012. From August 2008 to Present (7 years 3 months) Screening/Event Rep @ - working promo and press screenings of upcoming films
- filling out screening reports to send to studios
- assisting at movie premieres (Funny Games, Australia, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Bride Wars, Notorious, City Island, X-Men: First Class, Black Nativity, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Edge of Tomorrow)
- assisting at public events for upcoming films / DVD releases (Comic Con 2008 & 2009, Anime Convention 2009) From December 2007 to Present (7 years 11 months) NYCScreenings Assistant @ Helped check audiences in at screenings at the Village East Cinema. From May 2014 to May 2015 (1 year 1 month) NYCScreenings & Industry Assistant @ Assisted Theater Managers by checking in audiences, keeping count of them, and bringing them to their seats in 2012 and 2014. Assisted the Industry department by greeting and working with filmmakers for Q&As and Tribeca Talks programs in 2013. From April 2012 to April 2015 (3 years 1 month) Assistant Director @ "Confession on Pleasant Street" short film From January 2015 to January 2015 (1 month) New Rochelle, NY & NYC"The Voice" Casting Assistant @ Worked the 2-day NY/NJ auditions - helped auditionees sign in, lined them up in order, and led them to their audition rooms while organizing their paperwork for producers.
Season 9 - Javits Center
Season 6 - Javits Center
Season 5 - Javits Center
Season 4 - Izod Center
Season 3 - Javits Center
Season 2 - Izod Center From July 2011 to January 2015 (3 years 7 months) NYC & NJVideo Producer @ "Night of the Living Dead Live" at the Baird Theatre in South Orange, NJ (played Johnny/Reporter)
"Carrie: The Musical" at the Baird Theatre in South Orange, NJ (played George on stage)
Hired to create video elements that included the original "Night of the Living Dead" 1968 film, plus recreations, and videos that fit with wacky scenes within the show. Also shot video interviews based on passages of Stephen King's novel "Carrie" chosen by the show's director, that will play at the beginning of the show on projectors. Cast and directed actors, planned and scheduled shoots, created shot lists, scouted locations, shot interviews using FlipCam and GoPro cameras, edited using iMovie and Final Cut Pro.
Also produced, shot, and edited promo videos and pictures featuring actors from the show doing key scenes that were posted on Facebook and YouTube. From September 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 2 months) South Orange, NJProducer & Assistant Director @ Produced, coordinated, and helped cast the music video for the song "Leave My Head" by the artist Sobra. From June 2014 to June 2014 (1 month) NYCAssistant Director & Script Supervisor @ "Tiny Things" short film From April 2014 to April 2014 (1 month) Brooklyn, NYScript Supervisor, 2nd AD & Associate Producer @ I was the script supervisor, 2nd assistant director, and associate producer on the indie feature "SAM," written and produced by Nicholas Brooks.
I created the call sheet for the first day of production, assisted the 1st AD on the call sheet for every other day of production, coordinated between departments and helped keep all crew updated, handled actors' payment paperwork and schedules, sent out our updated one-liner schedule each week to the cast, kept close track of time during the shoot days, helped come up with back-up plans if we ran out of time on a given shoot day and didn't complete our goal, hired background actors and negotiated their payment with the producer, placed the background in various spots to make scenes look more alive, and helped change their appearance for scenes when they needed to look like a different person.
Also took detailed script notes of each take, was in constant communication with Camera and Sound about what scene and take we were currently on, stayed on top of dialogue changes and blocking while shooting, chimed in with ideas and suggestions for story and dialogue, wardrobe and prop continuity, new camera angles or added shots/close-ups, and production logistics during shooting, and kept track of what scenes were still incomplete as we got closer and closer to our wrap date. Used the iPad app GoodNotes to write notes onto the pdf of the script. From January 2014 to February 2014 (2 months) NYCScript Supervisor & Co-Producer @ Script supervised & associate produced the independent feature film "Enchantments," written and directed by Kelsey O'Brien Ruvolo.
Took detailed notes of each take, stayed on top of dialogue changes and blocking while shooting, chimed in with ideas and suggestions for both story and logistics, and took continuity and wardrobe pictures of actors, props, and sets.
Acted as an AD at times when we were behind on time, and called actors if necessary to get an ETA when they were needed. Used the iPad app GoodNotes to write notes onto the pdf of the script. From September 2013 to September 2013 (1 month) NYCCasting Associate & Talent Coordinator @ "Celebrity Ghost Stories"
"I Killed My BFF"
Cast principals and background for story recreations. Worked with actors on set to get them through hair, make-up, and wardrobe, and to collect their completed appearance releases and payment paperwork. Main contact with actors throughout the process, keeping them updated with scheduling changes, travel suggestions, and air date information. From September 2012 to August 2013 (1 year) Production Manager @ "Babies" short film From January 2013 to January 2013 (1 month) New York, NYVolunteer Coordinator @ From July 2012 to September 2012 (3 months) NYC"Dancing with the Stars" Story Assistant @ taking detailed notes of the contestant's dance rehearsals, and transcribing the taped footage each day. also helping with any issues in studio while rehearsing.
Season 15 - Kirstie Alley (All Stars)
Season 14 - Gavin DeGraw
Season 13 - David Arquette
Season 12 - Petra Nemcova From March 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 7 months) NYC"The Bill Cunningham Show" Travel Coordinator @ booked flights, hotels, trains, cars, etc for on-air guests. kept track of budget for producers, exec in charge, and exec producer. generated security lists. worked with Travel PA's on which guests get per diem, when they're arriving, and which hotel they're staying at. helped greet guests at hotel and/or at studio, and also get them in their cars after taping. also helped with outreach to book future guests/stories during dark weeks. From May 2012 to June 2012 (2 months) "Oprah's Lifeclass" Audience Assistant @ worked with Harpo Audience team to spread the word about Oprah's two shows at Radio City Music Hall by going to seminar in North Jersey. helped team in production office with ticket distribution. worked onsite at Radio City during show day by directing audience members where to go and rushing in standby line as show was starting. From March 2012 to April 2012 (2 months) "Romeo Santos 2012 Concert Tour DVD" Production Assistant @ Picked excited fans to be on camera for interviews, handled their release forms, ran around Madison Square Garden with a camera crew From February 2012 to February 2012 (1 month) "The Nate Berkus Show" Assistant Travel Coordinator @ Assistant Travel Coordinator (Season 2):
Booking flights, hotels, and cars for all B show guests. Creating PO's and keeping track of costs. Generating security lists. Greeting guests and escorting to green rooms. Also assisting with booking travel for field shoots.
Travel Assistant (Season 1):
Greeting all celebrity and non-celebrity guests on the show, taking them to their green rooms, introducing them to their PA's, and walking them out to their cars once the taping is finished. From November 2010 to February 2012 (1 year 4 months) CBS"America's Supernanny" Casting Assistant @ greeted Season 1 auditionees at the Muse Hotel, went over paperwork and releases with them, pre-interviewed them, took them up to audition room to meet with Casting Producers From August 2011 to August 2011 (1 month) "Project Runway" Contestant Assistant @ Assisting the contestants for season 9 of Lifetime's "Project Runway," primarily waking up, escorting, and monitoring the contestants who have been voted off and sequestered. From June 2011 to July 2011 (2 months) New York, NYAssistant Director @ AD on the indie film "The Unspeakable Act," written and directed by Dan Sallitt. scheduling, keeping track of time, working with and placing background actors, helping manage the cast and crew, etc. From May 2011 to June 2011 (2 months) New York, NYEvent Host @ - entertaining kids at various events in the NYC area with Disney trivia, dances, and games
- constantly reminding people to listen to AM 1560 Radio Disney, and to be aware of our promotional partners From April 2009 to June 2011 (2 years 3 months) "The Bachelorette" Casting Assistant @ greeted Season 7 auditionees at the Beekman Hotel, went over their paperwork and releases with them, pre-interviewed them, and took them to audition room to meet with Casting Producers From December 2010 to December 2010 (1 month) "The Celebrity Apprentice" Talent Assistant @ making sure the celebs get through the difficult days (feeding them, wrangling them, appeasing them, etc) From October 2010 to November 2010 (2 months) "The Wendy Williams Show" Talent/Travel Coordinator @ I work with the talent bookers and coordinate all things related to the talent coming on our show (travel, producer assignments, pictures for promos, giveaways for our audience, AFTRA paperwork for talent, security lists, green room assignments, schedules/itineraries, greeting, any last-minute assistance the talent needs, etc... the list goes on) From April 2010 to October 2010 (7 months) "EXTRA" Producer/Production Assistant @ - interviewed celebrities (Miley Cyrus, Antonio Banderas) and non-celebrities for segments
- Man-on-the-Street interviews about topics of the day
- assisted in office with video clips, news findings, feeding video to LA office
- assisted on shoots, running tapes back to NYC office for feeding
- researched and created questions for NYC correspondent to ask on the red carpet
- shot b-roll footage at major events (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Opening of Katie Holmes play "All My Sons," NYC premiere of Angelina Jolie movie "Changeling," the 2009 Costume Institute Gala at the MET, exclusive interview with Rosie O'Donnell regarding her children's foundation, etc...) From May 2008 to May 2010 (2 years 1 month) Stand-In @ Stand-in on various films and TV shows:
- "Marley & Me" for Owen Wilson
- "How Do You Know?" for Owen Wilson
- "The Beautiful Life" episode for Jack Noseworthy (unaired episode)
- "30 Rock" episodes for Jack McBrayer From May 2008 to March 2010 (1 year 11 months) "The Tyra Banks Show" Travel Assistant @ Assist the travel coordinators by greeting celebrity and non-celebrity guests for the Tyra Banks show and making sure things go smoothly as they arrive and exit our studio. From September 2009 to February 2010 (6 months) "Live! with Regis and Kelly" Production Assistant @ worked on Contests/Specials:
- Beautiful Baby Search 2008 (12/07-1/08)
- Live Wedding 2008 (1/08- 2/08)
- 25th Anniversary Clips (3/08)
- Beautiful Baby Search 2009 (1/09-2/09)
- From Local to Live Contest 2009 (6/09-7/09)
- Beautiful Baby Search 2010 (1/10-2/10) From December 2007 to February 2010 (2 years 3 months) "Mom Logic" Travel/Talent Assistant @ greeted hosts (Kate Gosselin, Paula Deen, Judy Gold, etc) and guests, and also coordinated various travel and production arrangements for the talent, on the pilot episode of the talk show "Mom Logic," which was taped at the Tyra Banks studio. From September 2009 to September 2009 (1 month) "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" Audience Page @ - created and mailed audience tickets From July 2009 to July 2009 (1 month) "Sesame Street" Production intern @ - assisted in production office and at Kaufman Astoria Studios
- created lists of possible directors
- greeted and helped celebrity guests (Sarah Jessica Parker, Adam Sandler, Elisabeth Hasselback, Jennie Garth, Jason Mraz) in studio From September 2008 to December 2008 (4 months) "One Life to Live" Writing intern @ - assisted writers and writers' associate in office
- maintained character history lists
- created breakdowns from episode synopses
- online research, script copies & distribution From September 2008 to December 2008 (4 months) Publicity intern @ - sent out press releases to news stations and print publications
- assisted at Diamond State Drive-In (Delaware) screening, Delsea Drive-In (New Jersey) screening, and Manhattan Cosi screening
- helped organize and work the Carnival-themed Fundraiser From August 2008 to September 2008 (2 months) "Extra" production intern @ - assisted producers and crew on shoots
- put post-shoot notes in i-News for NY and LA offices to use
- logged tapes
- tape runner From January 2008 to May 2008 (5 months) "Live! with Regis and Kelly" intern @ - assisted producers in office, control room, and studio
- gathered celebrity guest research
- greeted celebrity guests before live show
- coordinated audience confirmations
- helped with special shows: Relly Awards, Halloween Special, Tech Week, Holiday Cards From September 2007 to December 2007 (4 months) Publicity intern @ - performed daily newspaper/online checks in the morning
- sent out press releases to online bloggers, critics, etc.
- organized contact lists and magazine/print deadlines
- assisted at screenings ("Joshua" and "Sunshine")
- helped at press junkets for "Joshua" and "Juno"
- worked premieres of "Live Free or Die Hard," "Joshua," "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" (Nov. 2007), and "Choke" (Sept. 2008) From May 2007 to August 2007 (4 months) "Paula Zahn Now" intern @ - assisted producers in office, control room, and studio
- logged and dubbed tapes
- searched for certain tapes and ingested them into library server
- gathered research and information on topics of the day
- assisted producers and crew on shoots From January 2007 to May 2007 (5 months) Intern @ - signed in students and guests at weekly seminars
- assisted in photography/cinematography of weekly seminars for air on TV
- called Luncheon invitees to receive confirmation on attendance and donations
- signed in guests and media professionals at the 2006 Center for Communication Annual Luncheon, honoring MTV's Tom Freston From October 2006 to December 2006 (3 months) "What Goes On" Season 1 Intern @ - production office assistant
- tape runner from studio (Media, PA) to Shooters (Philadelphia)
- maintained script revisions & distribution
- created contracts and research folders
- was a lead role in the pilot episode, before re-casting took place From April 2006 to June 2006 (3 months) Children's Summer Theater Assistant Director @ - Summer of 2002: "Annie, Jr."
- Summer of 2003: "The Music Man, Jr."
- Summer of 2004: "Guys and Dolls, Jr." From June 2002 to August 2004 (2 years 3 months)
Professional Certificate, Producing @ New York University From 2009 to 2010 Bachelor's, Communications @ Fordham University From 2006 to 2008 Communications @ Temple University From 2005 to 2006 Mark Parker is skilled in: Television Production, Entertainment, Film, Booking, Television, Casting, Producing, Broadcast, Reality, Video, Video Editing, Final Draft, Blogging, Social Media, Screenwriting, Video Production