Highly motivated, hardworking and strategic, with a proven track record of success in my career; I endeavor to succeed and continually challenge myself.By being enthusiastic, commercially aware and a critical thinker I am able to make effective decisions to increase both company and personal performance. Able to perform effectively as an individual, and as part of a
Highly motivated, hardworking and strategic, with a proven track record of success in my career; I endeavor to succeed and continually challenge myself.By being enthusiastic, commercially aware and a critical thinker I am able to make effective decisions to increase both company and personal performance. Able to perform effectively as an individual, and as part of a team to produce creative, high quality and efficient results.
Specialties: Product Management, Sales, Consulting, Marketing, Communications, Team Work, Individual Performance, Technical Knowledge, CRM Systems, Campaign and Event Management
Product Manager - Medium Cars (3 Series, 4 Series, M3, M4, X3, X4, Z4) @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Aftersales Product Manager, BMW i - eMobility @ Responsible for the design, creation, partner selection and implementation of the entire portfolio of 360º ELECTRIC products and services in the UK that fully support the BMW i range of Electric and Hybrid vehicles. Delivery of Phase 1 is nearing completion with Phase 2 slated to start at the end of 2013 expanding on the portfolio.
Of particular highlight:
Home Charging: Creation of UK specific product and processes to ensure a safe, secure, convenient and well priced charging unit and installation product for customers purchasing a BMW i Wallbox to allow home charging.
Public Charging: ChargeNow a service from BMW i was created from scratch in the UK allowing customers to access the largest nationwide network of Public charging points.
Both of these involved:
Process design ensuring both Customer and Dealer focus to ensure a simple and easy product to buy and sell
Identification and selection of suitable UK based partner
Creation from scratch of an entire contract enlisting the services of the partner involving members from the business team, legal, data protection and purchasing departments to ensure a sound and legal conforming agreement
Business and legal negotiations with company CEO and Directors to ensure BMW UK secures the right service for the right price and closing down negotiations to signature
Implementation of services in line with the Launch of BMW i3 in November 2013
Marketing collateral creation working with marketing teams to ensure maximum exposure of 360º ELECTRIC products and services. Materials include:
BMW i YouTube Videos
BMW i Website creation
BMW i Price list and Brochure
Dedicated 360º ELECTRIC brochure
BMW i Direct Mailers and email campaigns From September 2012 to August 2014 (2 years) bracknellCorporate Sales @ Returned to BMW Park Lane to further my career in the Automotive Industry and to expand my career within BMW Group. From March 2012 to September 2012 (7 months) London, United KingdomAssociate Sales Executive - SEC Solutions @ Global network-based knowledge resource company specialising in driving faster, more effective decision-making among the world’s leading executives and business professionals. CEB is a publicly traded company spanning over 50 countries and representing more than 80% of the world’s Fortune 500 companies.
SEC Solutions is the Sales Development and Consulting practice of CEB, creating and delivering custom sales effectiveness engagements globally.
• Achieved 180% of Quarter goal in first 3months at the company.
• Strategic Thinking & Account Planning further resulted in continual overachievement of all Quarter goals set.
• Demonstrates certified Challenger™ Sales Skills.
• Personally mentored new starters within the team, including coaching and full onboarding.
• Effectively networked with colleagues to partner on sales interactions and engagements, maximising commercial effectiveness. From April 2011 to March 2012 (1 year) London, United KingdomImport / Export Operations Executive & Automotive Manager @ Market leading UK based Logistics Company specalising in moving unusual and challenging commodities.
• Consultative selling for UK/International customers via phone, email and in person.
• Logistical management of warehouse and operational staff.
• Brand awareness, direct marketing campaigns and lead generation activities for business development.
• Delivered several strategic sales, notably a £30,000 deal amongst many others delivering substantial additional revenue to the business during my tenure.
• Project management experience coordinating long term large scale freight operations.
• Proven successful experience in customer relationship management.
• Manager of the automotive business, organising the logistical elements of our clients automotive needs around the world. From June 2010 to March 2011 (10 months) Corporate Key Account Executive @ The UK’s Principle BMW Dealership, BMW Park Lane has close associations with BMW UK and has been proven as one of the top dealers in the country.
• High focus on New Business Development alongside dedicated account management and customer relationship building, actively identifying and sourcing new business opportunities.
• Pipeline management with weekly reporting to Manager and Dealer Principle.
• Individual and Team based targets meant working effectively as an individual and as a team.
• Placed 1st in the Dealer awards for top performing government sales executive in 2009.
• Single handedly secured a FTSE 100's entire fleet to nominate BMW Park Lane for all new BMW Orders.
• Ranked 7th in Southern region and 14th in the entire UK for the BMW Corporate sales tables in 2009, competing against tenured and experienced sales executives.
• Achieved and exceeded all performance based targets set from first month of starting. From August 2008 to September 2009 (1 year 2 months) Workshop Technician @ From July 2008 to August 2008 (2 months) Workshop Technician @ From June 2008 to July 2008 (2 months)
2.1 Hons, Motorsport Engineering @ Oxford Brookes University From 2006 to 2010 Maths, Physics and Design Technology at A-Level. Multiple subjects at GCSE Level. @ Reigate Grammar School Mark Costello is skilled in: Event Management, New Business Development, Negotiation, Product Management, Consultative Selling, Selling, Key Account Management, Customer Relations, Teamwork, Account Management, Business Strategy, Team Leadership, Team Building, B2B, Management Consulting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension