Business Intelligence Professional @ MarkBradbourne.com
Tableau Architect @ KeyBank
Cuyahoga Community College
I have been working in the data warehousing and business intelligence arena since being introduced to the practice in 1997. I have been afforded the opportunities to work on the complete life cycle but enjoy the “user-facing” roles most including requirements gathering, visualization, reporting and user training. I have worked for many different companies across many different
I have been working in the data warehousing and business intelligence arena since being introduced to the practice in 1997. I have been afforded the opportunities to work on the complete life cycle but enjoy the “user-facing” roles most including requirements gathering, visualization, reporting and user training. I have worked for many different companies across many different industries including financial, manufacturing, internet and legal. Currently I am managing the Retail Reporting team for Harley-Davidson Motor Company.
I am a graduate of the University of Akron with a degree in computer programming as well as business and organizational communication. I received my Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) certification from TDWI in February of 2011 in Business Analytics. I have been active with ASUG as a member of their Influence Council for SAP BusinessObjects and the Northeast Ohio Oracle Users Group (NEOOUG).
Specialties: Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Modeling, ETL Development, Report Development, User Requirements Gathering, Database Administration, OLAP Development, Data Visualization, User Training and Education
Retail Reporting Manager @ Currently leading the HDDS Retail Reporting team in the design, development and implementation of the Retail Reporting solution for the Harley-Davidson Global Dealer network.
SQL Server 2012, Tableau 9.0 From March 2015 to Present (8 months) Valley View, OHOracle Business Intelligence Team Lead @ • Manage Global Business Intelligence Team (10 FTEs in 3 countries) to ensure on-time project completion and production support needs are met.
• Manage multiple projects across multiple countries to ensure individual business needs are satisfied in a timely manner
• Work with domestic business units to ensure data needs are met as they are requested.
• Work with management to develop budgets for the team, evaluate talent and make hiring and dismissal decision.
• Develop training materials and deliver training to business users and local/international IT team.
• Work with Global IT directors to understand needs and gaps in their reporting solutions.
• Team with vendors to understand new technology offering and make “road map” recommendations to upper management
• Ensure system stability and usability, manage upgrades for hardware and software packages, and develop disaster recovery/fail-over strategies. From August 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 8 months) Cleveland, OHBI Technical Manager @ • Managed technical development team (3 FTEs) to ensure tasks are completed on time to meet business requirements.
• SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 universe and visualization/report development using Web Intelligence, Xcelsius and Explorer
• Dashboard development and data visualization and discovery using Tableau 7.0, including system administration.
• Administrator for the SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 environments including application of patches to the system.
• Works with business users to define requirements for their enterprise data warehouse initiative.
• Member of the Business Intelligence Steering Committee which defines the roadmap and priorities for Business Intelligence at Forest City.
• Advisor to the Business Intelligence Advocacy Group, a team of business users tasked with driving user adoption of BI
• Develops SQLServer Reporting Services (SSRS) visualizations based on SQLServer Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes for
C-Level executives and Strategic Business Unit leaders.
• Develops SQLServer Analysis Services (SSAS) OLAP Cubes from a traditional star schema data warehouse. From October 2010 to August 2013 (2 years 11 months) Business Intelligence Architect @ • Conceptualized and implemented a data model which included multiple star schemas with conformed dimensions to replace an “out of the box” reporting solution.
• Reengineered legacy system reports for the managing partners and office administrators using Business Object XIr2 as well as performed requirements gathering for the development of new reports.
• Developed an executive dashboard to aid in the management of utilization, resource leveraging and profit per lawyer metrics using SQLServer Reporting Services (SSRS) 2008.
• Managed the Finance department’s SharePoint portal for the delivery of inquiry reports as well as general financial information.
• Developed security roles and report distribution strategies through SAP BusinessObjects XIr2.
• Worked with the reporting and finance teams to ensure data accuracy.
• Trained users to access SAP BusinessObjects and SQLServer Reporting Services (SSRS) reports through one-on-one training and general documentation. From September 2006 to October 2010 (4 years 2 months) Sr. Modeling Analyst @ • Developed data model for reporting data mart based on Siebel CRM Desktop implementation.
• Gather requirements to meet line of business needs for sales management reporting based on Siebel CRM data.
• Assisted in the development of the ETL process to load the reporting data mart in an Oracle instance from DB2 and flat file sources.
• Worked with the report development team using Cognos8 to develop pilot reports and the Framework Manager semantic layer against multiple oracle data marts. From August 2005 to September 2006 (1 year 2 months) Consultant @ Client: General Electric Consumer Products - August 2003 to March 2005
• Reengineered complex Business Objects reports developed by an offshore consulting firm for the Supply Chain Management project. By reengineering these reports I was able to improve maintainability concerns and add functionality including VBA macros to export the reports in to different formats as well as archiving purposes.
• Created new Business Objects reports to meet reporting needs of the upper management team to help improve cost-cutting efforts. By improving visibility to key metrics through these reports they were able to cut costs by over one million dollar in labor alone.
• Defined new Oracle tables for additional metrics to be inserted in to the Supply Chain data mart.
Client: General Electric Consumer Products - November 2002
• Completed analysis and prepared a technical specification document on proposed changes to their Manufacturing Data Warehouse process The changes to be made included the Business Objects Universe, Oracle Table Structures, and ETL Processes
Client: American Greetings.Com - April 2002 to September 2002
• Performed support tasks for the Business Objects user community, along with development of new reports, modification of existing reports, and changes to the existing universe.
• Prepared email address lists for direct marketing. Modified existing and composed new ETL processes, written in PL/SQL in an Oracle 8I environment From May 2002 to August 2005 (3 years 4 months) BI Developer @ • Developed and maintained the ETL process, utilizing PL/SQL and stored procedures in an ORACLE 8i environment on a UNIX platform. Managed daily data loads through AutoSys and handled the daily load errors. Worked with team to automate daily loads through Autosys on a NT and UNIX platform.
• Developed end-user reporting and user universes using Business Objects in an NT environment, delivered through Business Objects Web Intelligence.
• User requirements gathering through user interviews, and then using those requirements, develop warehouse aggregations for reporting through Business Objects.
• BusinessObjects software administration
• Trained users on report creating and use of Business Object Web Intelligence in one on one and group sessions. From April 2001 to January 2002 (10 months) Sr. Programmer Analyst @ • Developed end user reports using Brio through user interviews and requirements gathering. Managed user requests and developed ad hoc queries and custom report requests on an as-needed basis.
• Checked data integrity with the users to ensure the data’s reliability and usability.
• Assisted in star schema design and data modeling for the Data Warehouse within an Oracle 7.2/7.3 environment; extraction and transformation of data from Pioneer’s legacy system to Oracle databases through the use of DataStage in an NT environment.
• Chosen by supervisor to act as a liaison to the business users, in an analyst role for an intranet based budgeting initiative. All sales branches on the IED business used the budgeting application.
• Developed a secure intranet portal on an NT platform utilizing IIS to deliver Brio Enterprise reports and custom ASP reports to end users.
• Trained users on using Brio functionality in one on one and in group sessions. From October 1997 to April 2001 (3 years 7 months)
BA, Business and Organizational Communication @ The University of Akron From 2009 to 2012 Cuyahoga Community College From 2007 to 2009 AAB, Computer Programming @ The University of Akron From 1993 to 1997 High School Diploma, General Studies @ Kenton High School From 1989 to 1993 Mark CBIP is skilled in: Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, Data Modeling, ETL, Reporting & Analysis, OLAP, Requirements Gathering, End User Training, Public Speaking, Dashboards, Data Marts, SSRS, SSAS, Web Intelligence, Database Design, Dimensional Modeling, Data Warehouse..., SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Dashboard, BusinessObjects, Tableau, Analysis Services, Databases, SDLC, Business Analysis, Database Administration, Business Analytics, SSIS, Business Objects, Oracle, Management, Requirements Analysis, SQL