I'm a full-stack engineer at Credit Karma. Previously, I interned at Apportable, where I helped build an online store using the web framework Meteor, and on Wikimedia's Parsoid team, where I built a lightweight logging library. I am also a graduate of Hacker School (a creative retreat for programmers) and Dev Bootcamp (a web development bootcamp focusing
I'm a full-stack engineer at Credit Karma. Previously, I interned at Apportable, where I helped build an online store using the web framework Meteor, and on Wikimedia's Parsoid team, where I built a lightweight logging library. I am also a graduate of Hacker School (a creative retreat for programmers) and Dev Bootcamp (a web development bootcamp focusing on Ruby and Rails).
In previous lives, I've been a financial analyst, patent translator, and electrical engineering major. Being a financial analyst taught me how to present information in a meaningful way and being a translator taught me attention to detail. I returned to engineering because I love making things.
- Created customized portfolio allocations optimized for clients’ liquidity needs and risk profile; monitored performance across asset classes and underlying investments
- Wrote firm quarterly letters and monthly investment reports, focusing on performance of hedge fund strategies and managers
- Evaluated hedge fund managers based on performance, risk characteristics, and compliance procedures From July 2008 to April 2013 (4 years 10 months) Technical Translator @ One of four in-house Japanese-to-English Translators serving over 300 employees at a leading Japanese patent firm.
- Translated and proofread patent specifications and communications from the Japanese Patent Office in the fields of electronics, mechanics, and biology, as well as office correspondence
- Interpreted technical and legal terminology for Japanese patent attorneys and their clients From August 2004 to July 2007 (3 years) Researcher and Translator (Part-Time) @ - Analyzed 45+ Japanese companies in fields such as technology, real estate and financial services for criminal behavior or connections to organized crime using real estate deeds, newspaper articles, and proprietary information
- Investigated topics such as potential patent infringement by a large electronics manufacturer or the current state of the Japanese pachinko parlor industry From 2005 to 2007 (2 years)
MBA, Finance, Strategy, 3.6 GPA @ McGill University From 2006 to 2008 Certificate in Japanese Studies, Japanese @ 南山大学 From 2003 to 2004 BS, Electrical Engineering @ Yale University From 1999 to 2003 High School Diploma @ Illinois Math and Science Academy From 1997 to 1999
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension