Results-driven leader with 17 years of experience aligning project and strategic goals and motivating PMO project managers to drive efficiencies. Applies strategic, innovative planning and resource/time optimization skills to effectively audit the project lifecycle and conduct detailed value analyses. Offers outstanding talents in application development and IT infrastructure project & portfolio management, project governance, business requirements gathering,
Results-driven leader with 17 years of experience aligning project and strategic goals and motivating PMO project managers to drive efficiencies. Applies strategic, innovative planning and resource/time optimization skills to effectively audit the project lifecycle and conduct detailed value analyses. Offers outstanding talents in application development and IT infrastructure project & portfolio management, project governance, business requirements gathering, global resource loading (recruiting/staffing), global resource leveling (sharing resources and matrixed organizations). Maintains expertise in Process Improvement, MS Project and SDLC methodology. Recognized for driving productivity and profitability within fast paced, rapidly changing environments. .
Specialties - Agile Project Management, Project Management, vendor management, team player, relationship management, C-Level Communications, Excellent team building skills, Critical situation project management, SDLC, Process development.
Leadership - Strong leadership qualities, team building, coaching, and vendor management
Change Management - Design and implementation of organizational change management strategies that include communications, resistance management, and training plans to effectively manage people through the change process.
Professional Development - Design and facilitate training programs that develop continuous learning environments.
Associate @ Manage high-performing teams as well as mentor new employees. Analyze employee performance and write reviews as necessary. Recruit/interview new employees. Negotiate new client contracts. Serve as engagement manager for new and existing accounts.
• Develop Scrum Agile training process for new mobile testing employees
• Provide valuable input on company strategy and conduct new technology sessions
• Budget and Team Management From April 2011 to Present (4 years 9 months) Agile Project Manager @ Agile Scrum Master for Amerisource Bergen Technology Group (ABTG). Managed a group of 7 Software Developers, and 4 Q/A Team members to deliver a Medical Dispense Device for beta testing rollout. During the Project I managed the team using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), as well as coached ABTG on using Agile Project Management Methodologies.
• Coached Agile Scrum Methodology for ABTG
• Provided Velocity Reports at the end of each iteration/sprint
• Managed their international vendor partner (Firmware Updates on Device)
• Managed daily stand up meetings From October 2013 to May 2014 (8 months) Sr. Project Manager/Lead Senior Consultant @ Managed multiple healthcare technology projects including IT, marketing, legal, and other business areas. Followed Scrum/Agile process to implement mobile applications and new website builds. Managed resources; provided support by reviewing and recommending better healthcare business processes. Oversaw all aspects of vendor management and internal client relationships. Supervised team of 15 team members and an average of $1M per project. Liaison between Physician groups, marketing, IT, risk, and legal. Created processes for managing marketing agencies.
• Established Scrum Project Management process within the Cadence Marketing Department
• Managed and deployed mobile device applications using Scrum/Agile Methodology (i.e. ICE App, MyChart/Epic, Healthlab)
• Converted/upgraded Cadence Health call center systems from McKesson (Centramax) to eCentaurus (LVM)
• Launched 2 external facing websites and 1 intranet site on SharePoint
• Administered rebuild and upgrade to “Find A Doctor” database
• Rolled out Facebook, Twitter, and a Social Media policy; managed upgrade of Morrissey (Medical Staff Office) credentialing software From April 2011 to June 2013 (2 years 3 months) Project Manager @ Managed WIFI projects, USA lab testing (i.e. software, network) server infrastructure, and USA Data Center build/deployment. Maintained and fostered vendor relationships. Oversaw cross-functional teams focused on project delivery into finished state.
•Project managed PCI Security applications for 14K McDonald’s restaurants in USA
•Established all aspects of client relationship and project management from creation of Statement of Work through closeout meetings
•Deployed RiverBed, Opnet, and Solar Winds network management tools
•Implemented project management best practices based on expert knowledge and application of PMI PMBOK
•Spearheaded Network Global Lab requirements gathering, test scheduling, management of QA engineers, SOW creation, and customer presentation
•Oversaw wireless deployments with USA restaurants: 3G products, handheld devices and in-store switches From March 2006 to April 2011 (5 years 2 months) Project Manager @ Project Manager managing multiple projects simultaneously, that consist of 6 member team for each project. Responsible for creating process and procedure documentation, weekly executive summaries. Assisting in developing the PMO for McDonald’s as well as Sirva, Inc.
• Process improvement, development of PMO processes with McDonalds/ACS
• Deployment of VM Ware based projects
• Completion of weekly Senior Management Summary Reports
• Creation of risk document, project charter, document of understanding for each project
• Mission critical application project management
• Successful leadership of global application rollout
• Deployment of network webcast infrastructure for McDonalds USA. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Project Manager @ Global Deployment Project Manager
Managed 8-member team of varying technical ability to complete data center construction with an average budget of $5 million. Completed negotiations with a variety of vendors and products.
• Successfully managed 80% of all new data center builds within the USA.
• First project manager to complete 2 data center builds simultaneously.(Nationwide Insurance, Franklin Templeton)
• Coordinated all server builds within the data center (Sun, Unix, NT, Win2k and VMs)
• Assigned and completed first virtual data center at customer’s site.
• Deployed internet, intranet, and infrastructures consisting of Cisco switches, Nokia Firewalls, Cisco Pix Firewalls, and a variety of server technologies
• Implemented Virtual Private Networks, as well as front end and back end networks
• Coordinated development and deployment of hardware through all stages of development inclusive of concept, development, test and launch From February 2001 to December 2003 (2 years 11 months) Project Manager @ Transition Project Manager 1999 – 2001
Project managed teams up to 28 technicians per project with different areas of expertise (i.e. Network Engineers, AIX, NT, Unix, Solaris, Java, DB2, Webshphere backgrounds). Completed senior management reports for critical situation accounts.
• Managed every stage of application development and application rollout
• Coordinated every stage of eCommerce delivery (i.e. requirement, development, deployment, end user testing, and delivery to the customer). (NYSE, Victoria’s Secret, GMAC, Sprint PCS
• Project managed logical, physical, and system admin builds, for all platforms (Sun, Unix, NT, Linux)
• Negotiated the acceleration of cable and fiber installation from vendors to complete builds.
• Selected to critical situation project management group that handled critical situation accounts, resulting in proactive problem resolution and improved customer satisfaction.
• Successfully project managed first cross-country data center migration.
• Completed first customer migration from 1 data center core to another with different technology, and minimal site interruption.
• Coordinated a server conversion from an Windows platform to using Sun platform From November 1999 to February 2001 (1 year 4 months) Assistant Manager @ Manages salesforce automation team. In charge of commisions reports From November 1997 to December 1998 (1 year 2 months) Sprint Paging @ From 1996 to 1997 (1 year)
Marcus A. Wright, CSM is skilled in: Web Project Management, Project Execution, Infrastructure Projects, Infrastructure Security, VMware Infrastructure, Project Management, Building Relationships, Business Relationship Management, Relationship Management, Infrastructure, Vendor Management, SDLC, Team Building, SharePoint, Testing
Looking for a different
Marcus A. Wright, CSM?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension