Communications Manager @ Bayou Lafourche Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
Brand Strategist @ The Cirlot Agency
Public Relations Intern @ The Cirlot Agency
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), English Language and Literature, General @
University of Southern Mississippi
A skilled communicator with nine years of experience in the communications industry, including work as an on-air radio personality. Responsible for ensuring the clients’ messaging accurately reflects their brand image and reaches the correct target audiences. Also acts as liaison between clients and agency staff, including creative development, web and social media. Capacity to think both creatively
A skilled communicator with nine years of experience in the communications industry, including work as an on-air radio personality. Responsible for ensuring the clients’ messaging accurately reflects their brand image and reaches the correct target audiences. Also acts as liaison between clients and agency staff, including creative development, web and social media. Capacity to think both creatively and analytically to determine the most effective communications strategies and solutions. Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
Currently working as Communications Manager for Bayou Lafourche Area Convention and Visitor Bureau, and is responsible for positioning Bayou Lafourche as a regional, national and international destination through the use of marketing, advertising and public relations.
Specializes in brand strategy and development, strategic media planning, media buying, copywriting and business development. Has worked on multiple accounts in an agency environment, with special emphasis on those in the aerospace and defense industry, including Bell Helicopter, Textron Systems, Textron AirLand, Martin-Baker Aircraft and Thales USA. Accounts outside of the aerospace and defense industry include New York Times bestselling author Jill Conner Browne, The Sweet Potato Queens, Sanderson Farms Championship, Sanderson Farms Corporate, and Navigator Credit Union.
Communications Manager @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Brand Strategist @ - Developed and executed integrated brand marketing programs that support brand growth, business development and strategic priorities for clients
- Wrote copy for client brand guidelines, print and broadcast advertisements, brochures, manuals, press releases, social media content and blogs, ensuring that the client’s message reaches its audience in the most effective way possible.
- Built and maintained relationships with various media outlets across the globe to develop the most comprehensive media strategy and promote the client’s product image and marketing effectiveness
- Developed and executed business development strategy surrounding industry tradeshows and events.
- Acted as liaison between clients and firm’s creative team to develop marketing results on time and within budget, and to ensure the client’s vision is fully realized From September 2013 to August 2015 (2 years) Jackson, Mississippi AreaPublic Relations Intern @ -- Paris Air Show 2013: Business Development & Social Media Strategy --
- Developed prospective client analysis reports and product lists
- Researched current events for each prospective client
- Developed and distributed business development correspondence from information gained through research
- Generated meetings with two high-profile prospective clients during Paris Air Show 2013
- Developed, executed and managed the social media strategy for the agency, including coordination of communications between personnel attending the event and office headquarters
- Social media strategy resulted in 10 retweets, 3 mentions, 10 favorites and 5 new followings from high profile clients, prospective clients and media covering the event
- Researched, developed and executed media distribution lists through Cision
- Wrote and distributed client press releases and media alerts
- Developed media relations strategy/mediations
- Wrote two blogs discussing the effectiveness of integrated content marketing. From May 2013 to July 2013 (3 months) Jackson, Mississippi AreaProgram Director/Graduate Assistant @ - Created public relations/marketing campaign for “A Round for Roots Radio” annual golf tournament which resulted in increasing participation and fundraising by 33.3% above the previous year
- Wrote, produced and edited audio commercials and promos
- Developed weekly video blogs
- Wrote and distributed press releases for radio station events
- Hosted radio morning show 6:00am to 10:00am
- Coordinated music selections and student shift placement with the director of the station
- Provided weekly announcing labs for undergraduate students – Two students went on to win MAB (MS Association of Broadcasting) Awards From August 2010 to May 2013 (2 years 10 months) Hattiesburg, Mississippi AreaOn-Air Personality @ - Full-time on-air personality during mid-day shift for the top market in the region
- Provided entertainment for live events: sporting events, charities, etc.
- Wrote and produced PSAs and commercial advertisements
- Performed live remote location sales advertisements for clientele From August 2009 to August 2010 (1 year 1 month) Hattiesburg, Mississippi AreaLandman @ - Conducted comprehensive land services for clients
- Researched and reported surface and mineral owner identification
- Developed mapping and deed plotting of land based on legal descriptions
- Executed title evaluation and run sheet reporting
- Leased oil and gas mineral rights from property owners for clients
- Conducted mineral acquisitions
- Conducted acquisition due diligence From July 2008 to July 2009 (1 year 1 month) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaOn-Air Personality @ - Moved from part-time on-air personality to full-time, mid-day, on-air personality for top market in the region within nine months
- Provided entertainment for live events: sporting events, charities, etc…
- Wrote and produced PSAs and commercial advertisements
- Performed live remote location sales advertisements for clientele From July 2006 to July 2008 (2 years 1 month) Hattiesburg, Mississippi Area
Master of Science (M.S.), Public Relations, Marketing and Applied Communication @ University of Southern MississippiBachelor of Arts (B.A.), English Language and Literature, General @ University of Southern Mississippi Marcus Creel is skilled in: Press Releases, Public Relations, Social Media, Social Media Marketing, Copy Editing, Public Speaking, PSAs, Marketing, Broadcast, Marketing Communications, Creative Writing, Communication, Writing, Editing, Crisis Communications
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension