A customer focussed recruitment Manager with an extensive knowledge of talent acquisition drawn from 9 Years’ recruitment experience - the last 3 of which have been at the forefront of digital product Management in the UK. Someone who understands and appreciates the true value of working as a partner with Hiring Managers, taking the time to understand
A customer focussed recruitment Manager with an extensive knowledge of talent acquisition drawn from 9 Years’ recruitment experience - the last 3 of which have been at the forefront of digital product Management in the UK. Someone who understands and appreciates the true value of working as a partner with Hiring Managers, taking the time to understand the business and their requirements in order to deliver a 1st class level of service.
A self-motivator who leads by example and thrives in a fast paced innovative environment where hard work is recognised, success rewarded and ‘measured risks’ encouraged.
Recruitment Manager - Group Digital Product @ As part of our strategy to become the worlds’ leading multichannel retailer Tesco established the Group Digital Product Team. This is a newly formed team (c.180) made up of Programme, Product, UI/IX Design and Analytics specialists responsible for driving a step change in the product development process across the organisation both in the UK and internationally.
• Defining and implementing the end to end recruitment strategy & interview process for all roles across the Group Digital Product Team and any other identified similar roles based in our London offices
• Securing funding for and organising sponsorship and attendance at; a number of industry leading conferences and recruitment events in order to educate and attract talent from the relevant communities
• Business partnering with all relevant Directors, Senior Managers and Colleagues in order to deliver a 1st class pro-active customer-focused service
• Identifying, attracting and securing talent through LinkedIn, similar platforms and networking (Direct Sourcing)
• Shortlisting all candidates via telephone screenings / f2f meetings prior to presenting Hiring Managers with a shortlist for all roles along with feedback and recommendations
• Facilitating all recruitment briefings, interviews and debriefs
• Developing solid & trusted working relationships with internal and external stakeholders allowing me to manage expectations effectively and enabling me to push back and challenge as required
• Ensuring every candidate has a consistent and positive journey from initial contact to final decision
• Conducting regular analysis of recruitment statistics regards cost of hire, time to hire and quality of hire
• Partnering with the central HR teams to ensure we are utilising our internal talent where appropriate and contracts & offer letters are sent out in a timely fashion
• Championing the employee referral scheme ensuring we gain maximum efficiency from existing colleagues From November 2012 to Present (3 years 1 month) Farringdon, LondonRecruitment Manager - Head Office @ Comet used to be the UK’s leading electrical retailers. This post supported the corporate services function and the challenge was to reduce the Head Office recruitment spend by £500K per year whilst at the same time building a new digital team responsible for their new web and mobile e-commerce applications. .
I was responsible for client partnering across the whole of Head Office, understanding their resource requirements and delivering a pro-active customer focussed service.
• Responsible for creating and implementing the Recruitment Strategy for all of Comet’s Head Office positions
• Converted the model from 100% agency reliance to 80% direct 20% agency
• Recruited over £900K of salary directly saving the business £135K+ in recruitment fees in 3 Months, £540K+ over 12 months so well on target to reach initial goals
• Successfully recruited roles across the organisation from Senior Director thru to graduate positions
• Developed relationships with various universities in-order to attract & secure graduate talent
• Started my advanced Diploma in HR Management (CIPD)
• Developed close and trusting relationships with Hiring Managers across the business assisting in creating job specifications and influencing the structure of their teams in order that work demands can be met
• Prepared and presented a business case to senior management to secure sign off of £30K funding for LinkedIn Recruiter
• Took responsibility for LinkedIn Recruiter using LinkedIn very heavily to identify, attract and secure talent for the business and also increase Comet’s exposure in the market
• Created job Board optimised adverts for all positions.
• Oversaw the implementation of an Applicant Tracking System and managed applications accordingly.
• Maintained a talent pool of strong candidates who could add value to the business and to be engaged as and when necessary reducing average time to hire from 90 days to 30 days. From July 2012 to November 2012 (5 months) Watford, United KingdomSenior Recruitment Specialist - Web & Mobile Technologies @ Responsible for developing and maintaining a 360 Degree Recruitment Desk from scratch and securing a position on a number of national and international PSL agreements.
Specialisms: Application Development; Digital Marketing; Web & Mobile Technologies
Technologies: LAMP / PHP, C# / .Net, C/C++, Objective-C, Java, HTML(5), CSS SEO, PPC, SEM
Operating Systems:- iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, Linux
Platforms: Web & Mobile
• Focussed on a number of different markets initially Online Gaming and then more recently focussing on the web and Mobile (iOS/Android) market
• Recruited for a range of technical positions including but not limited to:-
o Technical Architects
o Business Analysts
o Project Managers
o Software Development Managers
o Software Engineers
o SEO/PPC Executives
o Online Marketing Managers
o UI/UX Consultants
• Secured a national & international client base across UK, Europe & South Africa
• Learnt the value of working as a partner with my clients and understanding their business, in order to better place myself to “sell” our clients’ business to our candidates
• Actively used LinkedIn to recruit passive candidates and to “headhunt” candidates for our clients
• Attended conferences and industry events for example TechHub and Londroid every week in order to increase my network of contacts within the industry and keep abreast of the latest developments
• Learnt how to create effective “job board optimised” job adverts and advertised roles onto job boards
• Secured a position on a number of PSL Agreements including:- Experian; a FTSE 50 company, Bigpoint; Europe’s’ leading social games development company based in Hamburg and Derivco; Part of MicroGaming based in South Africa
• Arranged and attended client visits with the aim of further cementing client relationship and securing further business From August 2008 to July 2012 (4 years) Enfield, United KingdomRecruitment Consultant @ BMW Plant Cowley, Oxford
07/05 – 07/08
• Managed a team of 4 Recruitment Consultants / Advisers
• Responsible for the end to end recruitment lifecycle for high volume unskilled labour to work on the production line of the new BMW Mini-Series.
• Established a definitive referral process for current associates to introduce new associates (saving £250K+) in annual recruitment costs) dramatically reducing time to hire, improving the quality of hire and improving employer/employee relations
• Completely overhauled the interview and assessment process from singular candidate interviews through to large scale assessment days inviting 30+ candidates in at a time enabling us to meet workforce demands far more effectively.
• Arranged attendances at University Career Fairs in order to attract a better calibre of candidate
• Tracked all candidates via candidate management software
• Managed a 6 man strong training team responsible for ensuring that every “new starter” was trained to a satisfactory standard
• Responsible for allocating human resources as, when and where required in order to ensure the overall smooth running of the shift From September 2005 to August 2008 (3 years) Oxford, United Kingdom
BSc (Hons), Geography and Physical Geography @ Oxford Brookes University From 2002 to 2005 Saffron Walden County High School From 1995 to 2000 Marcus Bennett is skilled in: Technical Recruitment, Mobile Recruitment, Web Recruitment, retail recruitment, direct sourcing, candidate management, Management, Screening Resumes, Technical Recruiting, Recruitment Advertising, Recruiting, Sourcing, Candidate Generation, Executive Search, Contract Recruitment, Talent Acquisition, Interviews, Graduate Recruitment, Talent Management, Permanent Placement, Personnel Management, Applicant Tracking..., IT Recruitment, Screening, Assessment Center, CRM, Performance Management, Business Analysis, Mobile Applications, Temporary Staffing, Team Management, Internet Recruiting, Benefits Negotiation, Employer Branding, Human Resources, Networking, Search, Temporary Placement, HR Consulting, Onboarding, Employee Engagement, RPO, HR Policies, Employee Relations, Competency Based..., Headhunt, Building Relationships, Job Descriptions, Business Networking, Employee Training
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension