Disciplined, accountable and results-driven financial executive with uncompromising integrity and 15 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance with a multi-national corporation that has over 200 legal entities across 10 lines of business. Has exceptional ability to translate financial results to senior management, develop innovative and transformative strategies and lead a focused, collaborative implementation of key
Disciplined, accountable and results-driven financial executive with uncompromising integrity and 15 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance with a multi-national corporation that has over 200 legal entities across 10 lines of business. Has exceptional ability to translate financial results to senior management, develop innovative and transformative strategies and lead a focused, collaborative implementation of key organizational priorities that drive growth and profitability. Possesses solid technical and analytical abilities combined with exceptional decision-making skills. Exercises strong judgment and displays highly effective interpersonal and communication skills. Thrives in a fast paced, dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
• Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Corporate Finance
• Cash Management
• Corporate / Divisional Reporting
• International Reporting
• Management Reporting and Analysis
• Performance Measurement / Financial Modeling
• System and Process Design and Controls
• Corporate Restructuring & Change Management
• Mergers and Acquisitions
Executive Director Financial Planning & Analysis @ From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Executive Director Finance @ • Oversee monthly, quarterly and year-end closes including the preparation and review of the balance sheet, income statement and supporting schedules that highlight key performance metrics for executive management review.
• Review all month-end accruals, allocations, reconciliations and accounting adjustments.
• Manage team that ensures timely, accurate ingestion of financial results from third party distributors and business partners and analyzes data for inconsistencies and issues.
• Lead team that delivers accurate forecasting of financial results and provides timely variance analytics that enable the management team to quickly realign strategy in response to actual results.
• Coordinate and manage the timely delivery of support for all internal, financial, third party and statutory audits.
• Oversee world-wide supply chain finance and determine accounting for new deals and transactions.
• Direct team that provides high quality customer support to the territory planners and operational teams.
• Designed and implemented Global SAP system that eliminated 5 major legacy systems, streamlined the consolidation and financial reporting process, got the company to a 3 day close and strengthened system and financial controls surrounding the monthly close process.
• Led the design of numerous 3rd party interfaces and automated programs in the Global SAP system that capture more relevant data and automate manual processes allowing management to spend less time compiling financial data and more time analyzing results and making timely and well informed financial and business decisions.
• Designed and implemented a world-class business warehouse reporting environment that allows users to quickly pull quality data into a powerful and flexible reporting environment. From January 2010 to April 2015 (5 years 4 months) International Controller @ • Led a team of 25 through 5 direct reports and was the liaison between shared service center in Amsterdam and Corporate controllership in Los Angeles.
• Supervised all accounting and financial functions including the month-end close process.
• Responsible for international income statement, balance sheet and cash flow reporting.
• Created and implemented policies and procedures to strengthen internal controls, streamline the month-end close process and improve the quality and accuracy of the financial results.
• Partnered with operations to develop strategic plans and implement actions to improve vendor pricing, lower sub-distribution fees and lower the company’s income tax and value-added tax (VAT) liability.
• Managed statutory reporting process and coordinated annual statutory audits.
• Directed the timely and accurate filing of VAT returns and supervised all VAT audits.
• Coordinated the quarterly compilation of income tax packages for the corporate tax group.
• Oversaw the accounting for transfer pricing based on complex licensing arrangements driven by numerous inter-company distribution agreements between over 40 legal entities.
• Supervised the monthly reporting of re-measurement and currency translation gains and losses.
• Reviewed all third-party reporting to local producers to ensure accuracy of statements and approved payments.
• Supervised the inter-company recharge process including the monthly balancing between entities.
• Coordinated the aggregation of quarterly critical review checklists, SOX checklists as well as the management representation letters from the international subsidiaries.
• Managed GL maps and monthly reconciliations for all interfaces with vendors, sub-distributors and JV partners.
• Coordinated all inter-company loans, admin fees and dividend payments between head office and subsidiaries. From September 2007 to December 2009 (2 years 4 months) Director Finance @ • Consolidated worldwide Motion Picture financial results.
• Prepared enhanced analysis for parent company to incorporate in to 10Q/10K MD&A letter to shareholders.
• Oversaw monthly sign-off of critical review and key control checklists to ensure compliance with GAAP & SOX.
• Managed corporate flow based on film accounting requirements outlined in SOP 00-2, SAB 101.
• Determined accounting for film finance deals and supervised team that monitored territory/media rights.
• Designed & implemented the Hyperion Financial Management corporate consolidation tool.
• Carved-out balance sheet when Viacom spun off CBS to its own publicly traded company.
• Determined accounting for acquisition of DreamWorks and distribution deal with DreamWorks Animation.
• Set up monthly reporting schedule to facilitate reporting to DreamWorks Animation.
• Provided support and explanations for third-party, financial and partner inquiries/audits. From January 2005 to August 2007 (2 years 8 months) Manager / Senior Financial Analyst / Financial Analyst @ • Reviewed and presented executive monthly reporting package to senior leadership team.
• Oversaw film production budget reporting to executives of Paramount Classics division.
• Reviewed film ultimates and recommended adjustments to corporate planning.
• Prepared monthly executive reporting package that included by title financial results by market and territory along with detailed budget/forecast variance analysis.
• Overhauled corporate flow (FAS 53 to SOP 00-2), restructured incentive plan for theatrical joint venture with Universal and developed monthly management reports. From August 1999 to December 2004 (5 years 5 months) Senior Accountant @ • Performed audit, review and compilation services
• Prepared corporate, partnership, LLC, individual, gift and estate tax returns
• Procured new clients for firm From August 1997 to August 1999 (2 years 1 month)
MBA, Marketing and Finance @ UCLA Anderson School of Management From 2001 to 2004 BSBA, Finance @ University of Colorado Boulder - Leeds School of Business From 1992 to 1996 Marc Lakier is skilled in: Financial Reporting, Forecasting, Hyperion Enterprise, Managerial Finance, Financial Modeling, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Cash Flow, Sarbanes-Oxley, Consolidation, Accounting, Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, SAP, Tax, Business Intelligence
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension