Monitoring Specialist - Team Lead @ The Workshop - Inventors of play
DevOps Engineer @ The Workshop - Inventors of play
Monitoring Engineer @ Riplife Gaming Technologies
Certificaiton, MCTS 2008 @
Microsoft Training Center
I am a DevOp / network engineer / Senior Systems Administrator with over 7 years experience administering high availability systems in several environments. I've performed task at different levels in all the companies I've worked so far: assisting development, supporting production systems, establishing infrastructure redundancy and coordinating projects have been some of the task I've been responsible
I am a DevOp / network engineer / Senior Systems Administrator with over 7 years experience administering high availability systems in several environments. I've performed task at different levels in all the companies I've worked so far: assisting development, supporting production systems, establishing infrastructure redundancy and coordinating projects have been some of the task I've been responsible on.
Specialties: Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, Oracle, python, django, celery, memcache, mongoDB, Scripting, antivirus, apache webserver, backups, bash, call center, engineering, linux, mysql, postgresdb, network administration, proxy server, red hat linux, routers, bash, sql, system administration, tcp/ip, tomcat, mule, grizzly, JBoss, etc.
Monitoring Specialist - Team Lead @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Málaga Area, SpainDevOps Engineer @ From October 2013 to October 2015 (2 years 1 month) Monitoring Engineer @ Responsible of monitoring systems over the enterprise with mainly focus in OpenNMS monitoring solution. Two big goals were archived in this role:
- support for a wide variety of servers/systems implemented in different environments with the support of Puppet IT automation software.
- implementation of a set of scripts implemented in Ruby to produce openNMS 'complex' configuration from simple .txt files that can be easily produced reducing the 'human factor' during configuration. With this procedures the configuration of openNMS using svn (revision control), multi environments (easy to push config to different environments) and multiple administrators was done successfully.
To improve the way openNMS was presenting data, I developed two tools that could help two teams to work with the tool, mainly using Django python framework with Celery support to communicate with openNMS REST interface. These tools are:
- openNMS Alarm dashboard
- openNMS reporting tool to extract reports of several hosts / metrics.
Finally to improve the information being extracted from our systems a APM software (New Relic) was implemented to help development and support. From April 2012 to October 2013 (1 year 7 months) Málaga Area, SpainSenior Systems Administrator @ Senior systems administrator of a high availability system based on: HP servers, Cisco switches / routers, Checkpoint Firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, HP EVA storage, Brocade fibre Switches.
- The systems being supported is structured in 3 layers DB (orcale), Application server (weblogic and Tomcat) and web servers (apache)
- Redhat systems administrator of different versions.
- Responsible of Nagios and Cacti (with weathermaps) monitoring systems.
- Ticketing system responsible.
- Wiki administrator, responsable of procedures and policies. From March 2011 to April 2012 (1 year 2 months) GibraltarTechnical Project Manager @ Directtion of succesful projects using PRINCE2 methodology such as:
- Critical Corporate application upgrades
- Sports feed implementation
- Live betting console with scoreboard for sport book website.(live)
- Live streaming video solution
- Mobile website solution (mobile)
- Shops / Tills system implementation From April 2010 to March 2011 (1 year) GibraltarIT System Administrator / Network Engineer @ The system I am taking care of is a high availability one based on redundancy and backups and is critical for the company. Originally working in second line support for around 6 months and then dedicated to specific projects including:
- Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008 administration.
- Microsoft Active Directory Maintaining, Administering and Integration projects.
- Microsoft Cluster Implementation and administration
- Microsoft IIS high redundancy systems.
- Maintaining Development/UAT environments based on Virtualization solutions (Vmware)
- CISCO routing & switching implementations.
- Linux Red Hat, CentOS and Fedora implementation and administration.
- OpenSource Software implementation Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, OpenVPN, Squid proxy, Sendmail, etc.
- Monitoring Systems Implementation (WhatsUp, Nagios, Groundwork and PRTG).
- Storage systems deployment NAS, SAN over Fibre and iSCSI.
- Antivirus, Backups and Update systems implementations
As part of these projects, I had to manage my part, produce plans, advise others in the company on technical matters, document procedures and attend meetings with both internal and external managers. As well, I had to provide (within my team) a 24/7 support working some weekends and in base of an on-call rotatory system. I was awarded a significant prize by the company for a business suggestion concerning a mobile application. From September 2006 to April 2010 (3 years 8 months) GibraltarIT Network engineer @ During this period, I was spending some time as a remote trainer for security courses Linux / windows based and as well I was helping on some security audit as analyst. From June 2006 to September 2006 (4 months) IT Engineer @ I was the responsible for a project of a web servers / DB migration. My position involved choosing a hosting company for migrating our public sites from our facilities to a proper hosting facility. I also took care of the implementation part and a few secondary tasks such as:
- Antivirus and Backup maintenance.
- Microsoft AD implementation
- VPNs implementation From February 2006 to June 2006 (5 months) Plymouth, United Kingdom
CCNA Security @ Cisco University From 2011 to 2011 Certificaiton, MCTS 2008 @ Microsoft Training Center From 2010 to 2010 PRINCE2 Foundation Certified @ PRINCE2 From 2010 to 2010 Certificaiton, RHCT @ Red Hat Univ From 2009 to 2009 Training, BEA Weblogic Server 9/10 @ Oracle University From 2008 to 2009 CCNA @ Cisco University From 2008 to 2008 certificaiton, MCSE 2003 @ Forman (Novasoft Brand) From 2005 to 2006 Computer systems specialist, Computer system specialist @ Universidad de Málaga From 2001 to 2005 Manuel Villarejo is skilled in: Red Hat Linux, Linux, Microsoft, Cisco, CCNA, MCTS, RHCT, PRINCE2, MCSE, System Administration, Servers, VPN, TCP/IP, Routers, Apache
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension