Vice President - Head Engineering – L&T Construction, Transportation Infra IC, RREC @ Larsen & Toubro
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
A Post Graduate Civil Engineer with specialisation in Transportation Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, India. Served in various engineering assignments of the Corps of Engineers, Indian Army, for twenty years. Presently employed with Larsen & Toubro Ltd. Transportation Infrastructure IC for past six years plus and head a multidisciplinary design team for roads & airside designs for all
A Post Graduate Civil Engineer with specialisation in Transportation Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, India. Served in various engineering assignments of the Corps of Engineers, Indian Army, for twenty years. Presently employed with Larsen & Toubro Ltd. Transportation Infrastructure IC for past six years plus and head a multidisciplinary design team for roads & airside designs for all highways & airport projects of L&T. Experience in Policies, Design, Value Engineering, Pavement Evaluation and Quality Control of airfield pavements – national & international. Business Management from IIM, Ahmedabad and experienced in business development in the infrastructure sector. Been a faculty member for Highways & Airport Engineering. Been engaged in R&D. Published 11 technical papers and awarded twice.
Specialties: Airport & Road Pavements Engineering
Airport Airside design integration / interface coordination.
Pavement Management Systems including structural evaluation.
Business Development for Infrastrcuture Projects (Roads & Airports).
Lead & manage multidisciplinary engineering teams.
Combine Technical & Business skills for organisational benifit in projects.
GM (Civil)-Head Designs Highways & Airports @ Head Designs at L&T Construction, Transportation Infrastructure IC
Airport Projects : Redevelopment and Expansion of Mumbai International Airport, India .
Salalah Airport, Oman, Boeing MRO , Nagpur, India. & Airport Expansion, Bangalore, India
Hindon C-17 Airforce Base, India. Kannur International Airport , India
Highway Projects : Beawar-Pali-Pindwara NH-14, Delhi-Agra NH-2,
Sambalpur-Rourkela SH-10 From November 2007 to Present (8 years 2 months) Joint General Manager - Head Designs Roads & Runways @ Head - Designs for Roads and Airport Pavements
Responsible for design management for roads, airport pavements & civil works. Support business development. From March 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 10 months) Director @ Responsible for overall performance of the establishment including technical, operational and administrative functioning.
• Construction Quality audits, Condition surveys for airport pavements.
• PCN evaluation of airfield pavements using Falling Weight Deflectometer.
• Design of Bituminous mixes and Concrete mixes (PQC) for pavements.
• ISO-17025 certification of SEMT laboratories. From January 2005 to November 2007 (2 years 11 months) Senior Engineering Manager Design & Planning (Airfield Pavements) @ Solely entrusted with responsibility of policies and designs for all military airfield pavement works (84 operational airfields) incorporating ICAO specifications & FAA guidelines.
• Top level management of airfield construction projects.
• Design of pavements for 22 airfield projects, including Brownfield projects, a Greenfield project & two prestigious international airfield projects in Tajikistan and Sri Lanka for Ministry of External Affairs, Govt of India.
• Consultancy advice (Trouble shooting) for airfield projects under execution. From January 2003 to December 2004 (2 years)
Business Management @ Indian Institute of Management, AhmedabadM Tech (Civil - Transportation Engineering), Highways & Airfields @ Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur From 1998 to 2000 B Tech, Civil Engineering @ College of Military Engineering, PuneIndian Military Academy, DehradunBSc @ National Defence Academy, Pune From 1983 to 1985 Cambridge School
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension