Continuing Studies, Business, Management, Marketing @
I am a creative product designer with a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and design intuition. I have been designing products from concept all the way through mass manufacturing. I am very comfortable in developing and optimizing 3D CAD using SolidWorks, Unigraphics NX and Ansys FEA. I have designed parts for many different manufacturing processes with an
I am a creative product designer with a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and design intuition. I have been designing products from concept all the way through mass manufacturing. I am very comfortable in developing and optimizing 3D CAD using SolidWorks, Unigraphics NX and Ansys FEA. I have designed parts for many different manufacturing processes with an abundance in Plastic Injection molding, Sheet metal stamping, Metal injection molding and casting. I am trained to leverage Six Sigma Statical Process Control and ASME Y14.5-2009 GD&T. My background in Mechatronics allows me to have a high understanding of electronics and I am able to work with EE's to generate control outlines with high focus on reducing emissions, improving performance of differential signaling and noise floor. I have an entrepreneurial spirit and analyze the world around me to identify new product needs which I have acted upon (1 Kickstarter campaign) or patented (3 pending).
Product Design Engineer @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Product Design Engineer @ - High volume, highly cosmetic consumer electronics product development.
- Concept generation, ideation, prototyping, and analysis.
- Plastic Injection molded parts design.
- Progressive die sheet metal parts design.
- Machined and metal-injection molded parts design.
- ANSYS static structural FEA analysis.
- Statistical process control analysis and oversees manufacturing support.
- Validation matrix and test plans.
- Tolerance Stack up Analysis.
- ASME 14.5Y 2009 GD&T.
- DFM review and feedback.
- Development of custom interconnect solutions. From August 2012 to August 2015 (3 years 1 month) Mechanical Design Engineer @ Responsible for the creation of complex part geometries and advanced surface modelling. Leading successful brainstorming and conceptualization sessions. Generating production drawings, detailed assembly instructions, mechanical test plans as well as designing production jigs and fixtures. On-site international production ramp up, production flow analysis, and quality control. Proactively involved in both intellectual property and business development activities. From July 2011 to July 2012 (1 year 1 month) Mechatronics Design Engineer @ Responsible for the implementation of complex design tasks in an aggressive product introduction program. Creation and control of complex CAD geometries. Standardization of manufacturing documentation. From April 2011 to June 2011 (3 months) Vancouver, Canada AreaMechanical Design Engineer @ Managing and executing individual projects. Generating and maintaining complex CAD assemblies. Collaborating with electronics engineers to generate mechanical design specifications. Simulating and optimizing mechanical design using FEA analysis. Documentation of manufacturing specifications. Reviewing and approving tooled parts and preparing first article documentation. Preparing documentation for patent and grant applications. From September 2008 to April 2011 (2 years 8 months) Vancouver, Canada AreaMechanical Engineer @ From June 2008 to August 2008 (3 months) Vancouver, Canada AreaMechanical Design Engineer Co-op @ Designing plastic and sheet metal parts for the Nokia N96 mobile phone. Development of production jigs and fixtures. Design verification and life expectancy testing. From January 2007 to December 2007 (1 year) Vancouver, Canada Area
Continuing Studies, Business, Management, Marketing @ Stanford University From 2012 to 2014 BASc., Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics @ The University of British Columbia From 2003 to 2008 Mani Razaghi is skilled in: Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, 3D CAD, Unigraphics, Solidworks, Finite Element Analysis, ANSYS, Injection Molding, Sheet Metal Forming, ASME Y14.5, GD&T, Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma, Metal Injection Molding, Design for Manufacturing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension