General Manager - Business Development and P&L management @ Bonsai Consulting
Masters in International Business Management @
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
A business leader with 20 years of international experience in both highly mature and emerging markets (UK, India & SE Asia). Comprehensive experience in Fixed and Mobile communications across both B2B and Consumer sectors and a deep understanding of digital and internet dynamics. Excellent track record of charting and leading growth in corporate as well as start-up
A business leader with 20 years of international experience in both highly mature and emerging markets (UK, India & SE Asia). Comprehensive experience in Fixed and Mobile communications across both B2B and Consumer sectors and a deep understanding of digital and internet dynamics. Excellent track record of charting and leading growth in corporate as well as start-up environments with domain expertise spanning - corporate strategy, P&L management, proposition & product management, inorganic growth, business development and sales. A senior management team member with highly developed cross-functional leadership, networking and negotiation skills, underpinned by a sharp focus on results and delivery. Extensive experience of working with and influencing top management. Excellent academics that include an MBA from INSEAD and an engineering degree.
Director - Strategic Business Development @ Member of the Senior Management Team at a skip level from CEO of BT Business. BT Business is the leading Comm. & IT services provider for UK businesses with revenues over £3bn.
• Leading full cycle of inorganic growth options - from strategy and deal closure to implementation of strategic partnerships, JVs and Acquisitions.
• Developed the strategy for ‘Connected Businesses’ (Internet-of-Things) . Driving initial business development and testing of assumptions leading a core cross-functional team and working with potential partners.
• Identified, structured and negotiated new partnerships in adjacent areas
• Led divestment process for sale of a non-core business From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) London, United KingdomHead of Strategy @ Led development and endorsement of strategy for IP Voice, Unified Communications and Mobile (4G) with CEO and top leadership, resulting in a successful change of the strategic course of BT Business. Potential incremental revenue of ca. £2.5 bn per year over long term. From April 2011 to March 2014 (3 years) Head of Product Strategy - Customer Experience @ Engaged all lines of businesses in BT Group to define and align Customer Experience strategy for Fibre Broadband launch, resulting in highest Net Promoter Index and internal quality metrics ever for any product by end of first year of its introduction in BT From May 2008 to March 2011 (2 years 11 months) London, United KingdomPrincipal Consultant - Strategy & Operations (in-house) @ • Delivered strategy paper to BT Operating Committee for re-prioritization of product development roadmap underpinned by the ‘next generation network’
• Reviewed M&A Integration practices and recommended significant changes resulting in important changes in pre and post integration planning & execution
• Led business and financial modeling exercises From February 2006 to February 2008 (2 years 1 month) Program Lead - SMB Marketing @ - Established a change program covering sales process and product marketing support to Sales resulting in improvement in revenues from queues based in India (addressing US SME market)
- Developed a Marketing support and business transformation team from ground up
- Successfully integrated the offshore Business transformation teams with different teams in HQ (Austin) establishing collaborative relationships and transferring identified practices From January 2004 to December 2004 (1 year) General Manager - Business Development and P&L management @ - Managed end-to-end P&L with regional responsibility, growing revenue to targeted revenue milestone in 3rd year of operations
- Led entry into key initial clients, structured and negotiated the contracts totaling over $3 million
- Steered process of creating new value propositions & capabilities working collaboratively with key friendly customers and partners
- Key contributor to development of strategic plans as part of the core start-up team; also supported CEO in communicating strategic plan to the investors From January 2001 to December 2003 (3 years) AVP - Product @ Led product development and exploration of monetization models of a brand extension that was focused on creating communities of interest (social groups) in the active customer base of the primary franchise of the job portal. Successfully launched the website in record time. From February 2000 to December 2000 (11 months) New Delhi Area, IndiaSenior Product Manager (Contract/Postpaid proposition) @ - Transformed ‘Contract’(postpaid) portfolio of propositions; responsible for market development, revenue growth, profit (contribution margin) and customer satisfaction
- Led cross-functional teams to develop and launch new bundled propositions proposition, value added friends & family proposition, closed user groups business proposition etc
- Led pricing and tariff modeling, including ‘what-if’ analysis addressing issues such as cannibalisation From August 1997 to August 2000 (3 years 1 month) Sales Manager – Partner Channels @ • Nurtured growth of key partner relationships to achieve single largest contribution in company, amounting to $28 Mln. in the first year of operation
• Key member of team that defined and implemented a channel partner strategy covering aspects such as segment-channel mapping, added value analysis, channel conflict policies, rewards & incentives, credit policy and control
• Built cases for and planned the sales and promotion campaigns with the partners. Also identified and ensured the delivery of the necessary training, aids and collateral From August 1995 to July 1997 (2 years) New Delhi Area, India
MBA @ INSEAD From 2005 to 2005 Masters in International Business Management, Won merit scholarship for ranking 3rd all round in final year @ Indian Institute of Foreign Trade From 1992 to 1994 B Engg., Mechanical Engg. @ Delhi College of Engineering From 1987 to 1991 Modern School From 1976 to 1987 Maneesh Kumar is skilled in: Product Management, Strategy, Business Transformation, Business Strategy, Business Development, Management Consulting, Telecommunications, Leadership, New Business Development, Business Process Improvement, Start-ups, Management, Product Strategy, Proposition Development, New Channel Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension