Senior Technical Specialist (Technical Program Manager) @ Expedia, Inc.
Senior Software Development Engineer @ Expedia, Inc.
Software Development Engineer in Test @ Expedia, Inc.
Energetic and self-motivated software engineer with extensive expertise in testing mobile OS and web-based software products. Strong adaptability and great passion for new technologies. Demonstrated strong skills in multiple areas such as designing test strategies, creating test plans, establishing test framework and improving test automation efficiency and stability. Demonstrated proactivity and leadership when working in highly ambiguous
Energetic and self-motivated software engineer with extensive expertise in testing mobile OS and web-based software products. Strong adaptability and great passion for new technologies. Demonstrated strong skills in multiple areas such as designing test strategies, creating test plans, establishing test framework and improving test automation efficiency and stability. Demonstrated proactivity and leadership when working in highly ambiguous environment.
Software Development Engineer in Test @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Software Development Engineer in Test @ • Owns test automation effort for multiple important Windows Phone 8.1 graphics features such as video stabilization, D3d shader compiler etc. Ownership involves designing and creating test specs, developing test framework and improving test automation rate for these features. Automated test suite exposes important D3D11 GPU driver defects that hard to find otherwise.
• Creates multiple native D3D apps with Windows Phone SDK as side projects. These apps efficiently facilitate quality assurance in application level at the later stage of the development cycle
• Improves test automation stability by creating a local media service for media streaming test which resolved connectivity issues on the device that impacted test passing rates. This effort significantly reduced the failure caused by various network connectivity issues.
• Improves test automation efficiency by converting audio quality manual test to automated test which results in 20% increase in test automation rate for audio quality test.
• Lead a team of vendors to improve manual test efficiency and productivity. This effort improves transparency of manual test suite to the entire test team of 70+ and greatly reduced the turnaround time for manual test execution and bug filing.
• Mentors guest engineers from OEM partners which greatly facilitated the partnership and have very positive feedback from the guest engineers.
• Drive test effort for the media core team during the entire development cycle for the Windows Phone 7.5 release
• Coordinates resources, costs and schedules for media core test team for Windows Phone 7.5 release
• Develops and implements a partnership strategy and improved the efficiency of the partnership between Microsoft/Qualcomm for media core team From 2011 to December 2014 (3 years) Software Development Engineer in Test @ • Drives test effort for Media Library throughout the entire development cycle for Windows Compact 7
• Develops a xml data-driven test framework for Media Library which greatly reduced the time and cost to create test cases and thus greatly improved the test coverage for Media Library From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Software Development Engineer in Test @ • Creates test plans and develop test automation for multiple features such as track and signal as the only SDET on train simulator From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) Intern @ Develops a prototype to convert realistic photos to stylized paintings
Develops multiple tools to facilitate research project development From 2003 to 2003 (less than a year) Beijing City, China
Master of Science, Comp Sci. @ Missouri University of Science and Technology Man Zheng is skilled in: Software Engineering, Agile Methodologies, C#, C++, Test Planning, Project Management, Testing, Computer Science, Mandarin, Mobile Devices, Software Development, Python, Web Services, ASP.NET
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension