Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.) @
University of Mysore
Senior Lead Software Engineer @ Currently working, as lead engineer, on Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), UltraViolet™ system, a next generation cloud based, secure digital license/rights management system. DECE is ultra high volume transaction system bound by stringent SLA requirements support for most retailers of entertainment industry. Role is focused on software architecture and development of ultraviolet
Senior Lead Software Engineer @ Currently working, as lead engineer, on Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem (DECE), UltraViolet™ system, a next generation cloud based, secure digital license/rights management system. DECE is ultra high volume transaction system bound by stringent SLA requirements support for most retailers of entertainment industry. Role is focused on software architecture and development of ultraviolet ecosystem. From April 2011 to Present (4 years 9 months) Sr., Software Engineer @ • Involved in architecture, design and development of Mobile Barcode Registry project from scratch as part of the enterprise registry service solutions. Lead engineer to the implementation of the barcodes registry product based on ‘Open XRI’ standard.
• Maintained/Enhanced an Extensible Provision (RFC 5730) Protocol server that communicates with customers (registrars/i-brokers) to perform protocol translations with downstream provisioning cluster server.
• Contributed to 'command & control' management system development to centralize monitoring and managing multi TLD registry systems. Software tools include: apache HTTPD, tomcat, and Oracle, Berkeley DB, MQ, C, C++ and Java. From October 2009 to April 2011 (1 year 7 months) Sr., Software Engineer @ Sonus Networks Inc. is a leading provider of voice infrastructure products for the new public network. I was involved in architecture analysis, design, implementation and software life-cycle from inception to customizing and enhancing Sonus Data Stream Integrator (DSI) solution to provide real-time billing mediation output for Sonus Call Detail Records generated by Sonus switches. Data Stream Integrator is a high-volume transaction application known as a software-mediation-device on a scalable distributed cluster computing environment built for efficiency and high adaptability to serve mediation between varied input/output source and formats at the core; also includes work-flow management at the edges completing the commercial grade end to end serviceability. DSI is modeled after data-driven micro-kernel SOA architecture at the core. DSI cluster application is managed using centralized Element Management System (EMS) - a device (network element) authorizing, configuring, and control & monitoring system. The EMS allows network operators to seamlessly manage their network through a centralized, simple-to-use interface. As a comprehensive operational tool, the EMS manages the Fault, Configuration, Accounting, and Performance as well as Security aspects of Sonus IP networks. From August 2001 to August 2009 (8 years 1 month) Software Engineer @ Linguateq was a Virginia based start-up specializing in telecommunication applications integration software. Involved in architecture, design and development of: DataStream Manager a soft-switch supporting real-time billing on Solaris, Embedded AMA System using RTOS VxWorks. DataStream Designer, a modeling tool for Data Stream Manager using Java & Oracle.
• HA with Active components to leverage the maximum utilization of available resource usage while rendering the fault tolerant feature to the overall system.
• OSS Integration: integrating 3 different systems Eftia’s - Master Scribe Service Order, Daleen’s - BillPlex plus and CrossKey’s auditing, using DataStream Manager, CORBA- IONA’s Orbix and Actional COM/DCOM bridge.
• DB Connector, Correlation Connector, and ASN.1 Connector: each of these components capable of transforming data from a known format to other formats supported by DataStream Manager. Involved in component life cycle from inception to integration.
• Embedded AMA System application for Unisphere’s SMX-2100 switch-to facilitate Bellcore AMA standard billing records. From 1999 to 2001 (2 years) Software Associate @ HPS was a joint venture between HCL Corporation and Perot systems. As a Software Engineer I was involved in the design, development and maintenance of following applications.
• Fuji Cell Control Management (F-CCM), Tokyo, Japan: aimed at automating manufacturing units of mainly semiconductor components. It was also used for Electronic component manufacturing units. Basic functions were to control the processing of raw materials to output the semiconductor components. Critical modules engineered were Local Scheduling – the “heart” of the F-CCM system, Monitor & Dummy – processing unit condition regulation, Sampling – production work progress examination for quality regulation.
• Distributed Directory Inquiry Service:aims at connecting geographically distributed telephone inquiry services to provide a low-cost one-point directory inquiry (Yellow and White Pages) service. Users can access the services using the Internet at low cost. From 1997 to 1999 (2 years)
MBA, Accounting and Finance, A @ The Johns Hopkins University - Carey Business School From 2011 to 2014 Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.), Computer Science @ University of Mysore Mahesh Veerappa is skilled in: Unix, Eclipse, C++, Java, XML, Linux, J2EE, Agile, C, Hibernate, SQL, Software Development, Perl, Architecture, Tomcat
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension