Software Developer @ Greystone Consumer Empowerment Systems
Compiler Design @
Oregon Graduate Center
Being a problems solver means I need to know the latest resources available to help me untangle the complex pieces that lie at the root cause of the issue. Through a love of life-long learning, I am continuously adding to my knowledge base to add to my problem-solving resources. But I don't stop there. As
Being a problems solver means I need to know the latest resources available to help me untangle the complex pieces that lie at the root cause of the issue. Through a love of life-long learning, I am continuously adding to my knowledge base to add to my problem-solving resources. But I don't stop there. As a big-picture thinker, I also develop programming solutions that integrate quality analysis, implementation and testing approaches to solve complex problems. A specialty that I've developed over the year includes being able to manage project prioritization and deadlines to ensure that schedules remain on track and deliverables are met in timely fashion. Colleagues have come to count on me as a resourceful problem solver who adapts solutions in order to respond to changing industry and technology conditions. I credit that characterization on being quick learner who picks up new concepts rapidly to integrate ideas into implementation and execution. My belief in balance, reliability, and respect for others makes me a collaborative and communicative software developer who works well in community problem-solving / brainstorming environments to develop positive outcomes that drive projects forward.
Codeignitor, Eclipse IDE, Subversion, phpMyAdmin, MS Visual Studio 2010, MS SourceSafe, NetSuite (defect tracking , MS Visual Studio 2003, MS ilasm, MS ildasm, MS Developer Studio 5.0 IDE, CVS, Atria Clearcase, RCS, SourceTools
MySQL, MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access 7.0, Personal Oracle 7.2., ISAM, RapidFireís proprietary, object-oriented database.
OS X, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 95, UNIX, VAX/VMS, MS DOS
Software Developer @ Took opportunity to initiate intensive skill update after working at companies using out-of-date software; also provided software development consulting to small companies. Through this experience, I have very much enjoyed working with another developer who is in sync with my style and knowledge, which has made this experience working with clients very enjoyable.
Self-Initiated Learning and Software Skills Update - C#, ASP.NET MVC, Ruby on Rails
* Developed structured learning plan and sought out quality training resources; built up knowledge through reference books, tutorials, webinars, articles and Rails Casts.
* Utilized PHP knowledge to develop food health journal programming project which put updated skills into use.
* Stepped in to help company update user interface to resolve unpolished and outdated presentation; drove design and development of interface and new forms, peer code review, and testing.
* Stepped in to assist small graphic design company in developing website using Dreamweaver; set up back-end operational aspect (in PHP) to ensure website was completely functional. From 2012 to Present (3 years) Software Engineer @ At this company, I was fortunate enough to work with a great manager who valued the team and shielded us as much as he could from the swirling changes going on internally. Originally hired to provide desperately-needed software support to the manager, I maintained and enhanced the software application. Additionally, I had the opportunity to lead a small team converting payroll application from VB6 to VB .NET (Visual Studio 2010), which included redesigning the user interface for a more updated look and feel.
* Fixed 200+ bugs and added 30+ features as trouble shooter for aging, unwieldy legacy system; brought software up-to-date for end users and refreshed overall user interface.
* Added to knowledge base to prepare for potential implementation of new technology; attended Visual Studio Live 2010 to proactively augment software engineering subject matter expertise.
* Adapted to meet rigorous standards expected by QA department by taking time to determine and understand requirements in order to meet expectations; developed positive working relationship with QA team through positive collaboration and transparent communications.
* Met project schedule deliverables by working backwards from deadlines to establish programming benchmarks. From October 2006 to November 2008 (2 years 2 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Brought on board to assist company principal in developing online psychological assessment tool; co-designed and co-developed StepOne which processed data from over 500 questions to generate clinical screening reports.
* Developed entire online Visual C# application; co-developed all forms and database for storing user, computational, and report data, as well as code for navigating forms, retrieving / processing data, and generating reports.
* Delivered fully-functional assessment tool to small business owner that provided mental health assessments to psychology practice From April 2002 to September 2006 (4 years 6 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Built COBOL debugging support using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Integration APIs. Documented, designed, and communicated debugging information to be supplied by COBOL compiler for use in building debugging support and resolved technical issues using Microsoft APIs.
* Documented, designed and communicated information needed by COBOL language debugger from language compiler; reviewed API documents, determined required information, and communicated data to compiler team in Japan via specification documents, email, phone calls, and visits.
* Communicated Microsoft Visual Studio .NET information to Microsoft which was needed to support COBOL languagedebugging efforts; resolved technical issues between debugger and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. From October 2000 to September 2001 (1 year)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension