General Manager of Technology at UBank
North Ryde, New South Wales, Australia
Experienced Technology Director, Head of Digital, CTO, Project Director
Experienced Technology Director, Head of Digital, CTO, Project Director
Enjoying 20 years experience in the software development and professional services industry, I am a digital expert, and I live and breathe on the cutting edge of Enterprise technology, without losing sight of business realities. Passionate about what I'm doing, I'm often referred to as a communicator, and although English is not my mother tongue I think I have excellent written and verbal skills. Efficient and dedicated, I'm result oriented and always get the job done in a positive and enthusiastic manner with the people I have and get on board. I naturally exert leadership with a nurturing approach with my peers and reports, to grow both their skills and responsibilities along with mine. Disciplined and lawful, I like to play according to the rules without compromising my ability to innovate.
Experience and assets:
. 20 years experience in the delivery of IT, software, web and digital projects to tier-1 brands in Europe and Australia
. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
. Proven record of leadership experience in operations and at board level
. Hands on, switched on and technically savvy devops and project manager, at the cutting edge of digital development
. Resource planning and project scheduling savvy, accustomed to fast paced and multi-tasking environments
. First hand experience with vendors and agency management
. Great customer service experience and culture
. A proactive watcher of the digital landscape and pragmatic adopter of innovation
Engineering. Enterprise Content Management systems, ECM, CMS, web content management, WCM, ECM, software development , e-business, e-commerce, digital, online communications, online marketing. Mobile web publishing. iOS and Android mobile apps creation development and publishing.Chief Operations and Technology Officer @ From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Sydney, AustraliaDevelopment Manager @ I manage a team of web developers maintaining a CRM platform and delivering new features against a product roadmap, in a true agile context. From August 2014 to September 2015 (1 year 2 months) Sydney, AustraliaTechnology Director @ At The White Agency, our purpose is to solve business challenges through digital. We combine strategic thinking, creativity and technology to powerfully integrate our clients into the lives of consumers.
With integration replacing disruption in the world of advertising, our work delivers platforms and content that enrich people's lives. Using data to build relationships, we make it easy and exciting for them to get what they need from the brands with which they choose to engage.
We believe as your agency, we should be the best part of your day. Why? Because great partnerships lead to the best work. From December 2012 to August 2014 (1 year 9 months) Sydney, AustraliaCountry Manager Australia New Zealand @ Netbiscuits enables you to develop, publish and monetize cross-platform mobile sites and apps. Our world leading cloud software platform serves the mobile internet services for premium online, media and retail companies such as eBay, Universal Music, MTV Networks, HSN and Axel Springer, as well as leading agencies such as SapientNitro, Publicis, Razorfish and Ogilvy. Globally Netbiscuits processes more than 10 billion mobile page deliveries for its customers each month. Founded in 2000, the company has 150+ employees in the USA, Germany, UK, Singapore ... and now Australia and New Zealand! From January 2011 to December 2012 (2 years) Sydney, AustraliaNSW State Manager @ A Content Management and e-Commerce software vendor (www.sitecore.net)
• I was in charge of business development in NSW and ACT – Direct sales on key accounts and indirect sales through the partner channel
• I account and project managed several e-commerce and online projects for Tier-1 customers and brands: Panasonic, Roche, Blackmores, Canon
• I three-folded the sales pipeline and signed off 10 new partnerships in 12 months
• I Increased training and professional services sales x4 from objective per month
• I have actively ensured continuous lead generation through events, webinars, and proactive joint hit lists with partners From August 2009 to July 2010 (1 year) Sydney, AustraliaOperations Manager Western Europe @ A leading Web Content Management software vendor (www.ez.no)
I have joined eZ Systems Western Europe in 2008, waiting for my Australian visa
• I was running operations for Western Europe: France, UK, Spain, Italy, Benelux
• I was directly managing a team of 20 sales and consultants in Paris and Lyon
• I covered both direct business and the partner channel
• I have doubled the sales pipeline and new subscriptions revenue across 2009.
• Partner network management: I managed 90 professional partners across Europe. In less than one year, my team hired 12 new partners (+15% growth)
• I was reporting to HQ a yearly turnover of $5M software+services (+40% growth) From January 2009 to September 2009 (9 months) Paris Area, FranceTechnical Director @ A French Digital Marketing and e-Commerce Agency (www.infostrates.fr)
• I co-founded the company in 1998, I have been the MD and acting CTO for 10 years
• I have steadily grown and consolidated company's revenue, reaching $5M in 2008 when I left
• I have directly managed up to 25 people: Designers, Developers, Project and Account Managers, Pre-Sales, Sales.
• I have been delivering $M consulting and project management for key strategic accounts in France and Europe: STMicroelectronics, Faconnable, French Health Department, EDF, Cartier, Ministry of Defence, adidas
• I sold the company in 2008 for migration purposes: Estimate of assets and portfolio, investors identification, projects assessment, final negotiation From April 1998 to October 2008 (10 years 7 months) Marseille Area, FranceInternational Project Manager & Engineer @ International hydro-engineering centre of Electricité de France (www.edf.com)
International project manager & engineer
• Technical studies and consultancy for production facility owners in several countries: France, Algeria, Morocco, Italy, Slovenia, Laos/Thailand
• Preparation of national and international tenders, within international standard frameworks (ISO, NF, ASTM)
• Maintenance project management on several power and water supply facilities (up to $30M investment value, details provided on demand)
• Management of a technical team of 5 (designers and field techs) From December 1994 to March 1998 (3 years 4 months) Chambéry Area, France Lucas Challamel is skilled in: Mobile Devices, E-commerce, CMS, Mobile Applications, Digital Marketing, Mobile Marketing, Content Management, Web Content Management, Web Analytics, Sales Management, Website Development, Digital Strategy, Web Project Management, Online Marketing, Mobile Technology
Chief Operations and Technology Officer
September 2015 to Present
August 2014 to September 2015
The White Agency
December 2012 to August 2014
Country Manager Australia New Zealand
January 2011 to December 2012
NSW State Manager
August 2009 to July 2010
Operations Manager Western Europe
January 2009 to September 2009
Paris Area, France
April 1998 to October 2008
Marseille Area, France
Electricité de France
International Project Manager & Engineer
December 1994 to March 1998
Chambéry Area, France
What company does Lucas Challamel work for?
Lucas Challamel works for aussieBum
What is Lucas Challamel's role at aussieBum?
Lucas Challamel is Chief Operations and Technology Officer
What industry does Lucas Challamel work in?
Lucas Challamel works in the Banking industry.
Enjoy unlimited access and discover candidates outside of LinkedIn
One billion email addresses and counting
Everything you need to engage with more prospects.
ContactOut is used by
76% of Fortune 500 companies