Senior Consultant @ Arthur Andersen Business Consulting
Finance, General @
University of Notre Dame
Strategic Finance and Business Executive, Business Unit CFO, and Global Head of Financial Planning & Analysis with an outstanding record of success for MSCI, Morgan Stanley, and Arthur Anderson Business Consulting. Successfully lead global teams in financial analysis, reporting, capital management, M&A, corporate/investment strategic planning, forecasting, treasury, and cash management, improving profitability/performance. An exceptional communicator and team
Strategic Finance and Business Executive, Business Unit CFO, and Global Head of Financial Planning & Analysis with an outstanding record of success for MSCI, Morgan Stanley, and Arthur Anderson Business Consulting. Successfully lead global teams in financial analysis, reporting, capital management, M&A, corporate/investment strategic planning, forecasting, treasury, and cash management, improving profitability/performance. An exceptional communicator and team leader who creates win-win partnerships with key stakeholders. Effectively interface and communicate with Board of Directors.
• Global Strategic Finance Leader
• Corporate/Investment Strategic Planning
• Financial Modeling & Analysis
• Global Mergers & Acquisitions
• Board Communications
• Budget and Forecasting
• Internal/External Financial Reporting
• Debt/Equity Management
• Capital Allocation
• Treasury and Cash Management
• Establishing Processes/Controls
• Managing Global Teams/Stakeholders
Managing Director @ Business Unit CFO for Analytics Business (2014 - Current)
Reporting to the CFO with dotted line to divisional head, lead the financial reporting and analysis for businesses with revenues of over $400M.
• Partner with business managers to establish strategic plan and financial targets as well as corresponding execution plans.
• Provide P&L transparency to key stakeholders that provides actionable information.
• Conduct ROI analysis on investment initiatives to optimize business P&L.
• Establish and report key financial and operating metrics.
Global Head of Financial Planning and Analysis (2010 - 2014)
Led a global team of 15 in corporate strategic finance function. Direct financial planning processes and analysis facilitating operational decisions of executive management and Board of Directors; established capital allocation framework. Managed mergers/acquisitions analysis and integration and investor relations.
• Integral leader in the Finance organization transformation and equity offerings which established MSCI as publicly traded company known for robust disclosures.
• Developed internal and external financial reporting framework, strategic planning process, and investor relations of new public company.
• Successfully led MSCI M&A due diligence and financial management from financing to integration of $1.5B RiskMetrics acquisition, creating a leading risk management platform.
• Formulated and presented capital allocation recommendations to Board of Directors.
• Built set of metrics, including ROI, to evaluate investment decisions. ROI framework enabled executive management to prioritize/optimize investments based on financial payoff and risk profile; created accountability among business managers.
• Strengthened/broadened MSCI relationships with credit rating agencies, investors, and investment banks, facilitating company access to capital markets. Debt refinancing led to interest expense savings and created more flexible capital structure. From 2007 to Present (8 years) Greater New York City AreaVice President @ Vice President, Equity Research Analyst – Diversified Publishing Sector
Lead Coverage (2006 - 2007), Co-Coverage (1999 - 2006)
Reported to Head of Equity Research Division, North America, and Senior Managing Director as Equity Research Analyst on highly-ranked team covering over 20 publishing/information services companies, providing financial forecasts, research, and investment opinions to institutional equity investors.
• Created detailed financial models and provocative/detailed research reports resulting in accurate projections, and established team as "go-to” source on publishing/information services sector.
• Consistently highly ranked Publishing/Information Services analyst team by Institutional Investor magazine and Greenwich Associates (leading industry polls based on investor feedback). Team was ranked #1 following out-of-consensus negative call on the newspaper industry during period in which sector underperformed S&P 500 by 2,290 bps.
• Conducted due diligence on 10+ companies which tapped/attempted to tap equity market in IPOs and guided management through the process. Established independent IPO investment opinions and communicated to investors. From 1999 to 2007 (8 years) Senior Consultant @ Senior Consultant – Business Consulting Division
Senior consultant on client engagement projects focusing on process improvement, merger integration, software implementation, internal audit, and strategy development. Utilized staffing and cost models to quantify costs savings and enhance customer service.
• Prepared multi-year revenue and cost savings projections from consolidation of corporate functions. Led implementation of project costing module that enabled efficient and accurate project analysis. From 1995 to 1999 (4 years) Greater New York City Area
Bachelors, Finance @ University of Notre Dame From 1991 to 1995 Finance, General @ University of Notre Dame Lisa Monaco, CFA is skilled in: Equities, Equity Research, Fixed Income, Hedge Funds, Valuation, Financial Modeling, Strategic Financial Planning, Asset Management, Capital Markets, Derivatives, Analysis, Bloomberg, Business Analysis
Looking for a different
Lisa Monaco, CFA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension