From upholding office rules to breaking developers’ code by breaking their rules, this admin professional adapted many of her analytical, detail-oriented skills to her current role. Her testing career at Expedia began in the mobile web team, and from there shifted over into the API team where she builds end-to-end test cases on automation frameworks. Open and
From upholding office rules to breaking developers’ code by breaking their rules, this admin professional adapted many of her analytical, detail-oriented skills to her current role. Her testing career at Expedia began in the mobile web team, and from there shifted over into the API team where she builds end-to-end test cases on automation frameworks. Open and eager to learning new technologies. Loves working with diverse array of personality types.
Coordinator @ From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Software Engineer in Test @ Automation
- Writing and maintaining API test automation in Ruby/Cucumber
- Improved quality by increasing quantity of negative and regression automated tests
- Experience with REST web services
- Assist team with identifying and prioritizing stories and defects
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Cross team collaboration and coordination with third parties and co-workers around the world
- Test features across web, Android, iOS, Microsoft platforms
- Investigate mobile-related customer service issues using Splunk (database) and Tealeaf (customer experience management)
- Created a way to organize defects, which in turn helped the team avoid filing duplicate bugs and filter out redundancies
- Perform functional, negative, ad-hoc, performance & acceptance tests for the mobile web and reviews team.
- Well versed in Agile methodologies.
- Tools: Splunk, Github, AWS, Tealeaf, MongoDB, Bazaarvoice, Jenkins, Perforce, Jira, Mingle From 2012 to Present (3 years) San Francisco Bay AreaOffice Manager/Project Manager @ - Find opportunities to increase the teams awareness of how Expedia works and to build our teams knowledge of the travel domain.
- Expand Expedia's network and external contacts in the SF Bay Area.
- Maintain good working relationships with our key stakeholders and partners.
- Managed a successful office relocation.
- Plan and execute office grand opening party, community service days, office morale events (offsite and onsite), and holiday parties. From 2012 to 2014 (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaOffice Administrator @ - Acted as HR, payroll, office manager, executive assistant, receptionist, AP, and recruiting.
- Identified and initiated process improvements to streamline HR procedures and workflow.
- Recommended management action to control finances by negotiating shipping rates and researching alternative hardware resources.
- Tools: Google Apps, Dropbox, ZenDesk and Excel. From 2011 to 2012 (1 year) San Francisco, CAOperations Associate @ - Created and deployed scheduled scripts on NetSuite.
- Performed fraud checks on all online orders, which tripled during 2010 holiday season.
- Implemented cost saving shipping solutions, which provided better customer service and brought shipping in house.
- Identified potential holiday issues ahead of time, communicated and took action as required.
- Trained as backup accountant.
- Tools: Netsuite, Excel, and FedEx Ship Manager API. From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaOperations Support Manager @ - Wrote macros to churn out weekly, monthly sales and purchasing reports. Saved team 3-8 hours each week.
- Discovered software bugs and created work-around solutions in a timely manner.
- Assisted with the development of software updates and implementation of new procedures to improve the efficiency of inventory management and order fulfillment, which accounted for 50% of lost inventory.
- Analyzed UPS CSV files to identify cost saving options.
- Generated analysis, presentations, and recommendations to improve returns rate.
- Tools: VBA, Access, Excel, Google Apps, UPS Billing Analysis Tool, and tobi back-end software. From 2007 to 2010 (3 years) Office Manager/Executive Assistant @ - Tools: COATSsql, Excel, and Acrobat Staffing back-end software. From 2006 to 2007 (1 year) Office Assistant, Department of Exercise and Sports Medicine @ From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) San Francisco Bay Area
Lisa Lau is skilled in: Customer Service, Inventory Management, Project Management, Teamwork, Administration, E-commerce, Microsoft Excel, Logistics, System Administration, Management, Access, Event Planning, Time Management, Analysis, Foosball, Java, Excel, VBA, Windows, Process Improvement, Recruiting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension