Graduate member of the CIPD with experience in fast changing HR environments. Able to work under own initiative or as part of a team with a high attention to detail, prioritisation and problem solving skills. A fast learner who can adapt quickly to changing working environments, who strives to achieve goals and objectives and who works well
Graduate member of the CIPD with experience in fast changing HR environments. Able to work under own initiative or as part of a team with a high attention to detail, prioritisation and problem solving skills. A fast learner who can adapt quickly to changing working environments, who strives to achieve goals and objectives and who works well under pressure.
HR Director (Interim) @ From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Head of HR - UK & Rest of Europe @ Responsible for the delivery of HR Strategy across Midway UK, Eire & Rest of Europe attractions incorporating recruitment, employee relations, learning and development, policies and procedures, organisational design and pay and benefits. The role covers attractions across nine countries (England, Ireland, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Finland, France, Belgium and The Netherlands). From March 2015 to July 2015 (5 months) HR & Training Manager @ Responsible for the delivery of the HR Strategy across Midway UK, EIRE & Turkey attractions incorporating recruitment, employee relations, learning and development, policies and procedures, organisation design and pay and benefits.
* Coach managers in a wide range of HR practices in order to increase managerial capability, individual responsibility and organisational performance.
* Coach managers on how to create employee engagement
* Coach around a variety of people issues and build people capabilities effectively. To drive the raising of the performance bar and build a strong and rigorous development culture.
* Lead and manage the HR team of Regional HR Advisors to deliver the best practice support to the business and set an example to them as a professional HR leader.
* Ensure training & development and learning opportunities needed for business delivery and personal development are met.
* Support the recruitment of key appointments into the UK, EIRE & Turkey.
* Ensure the department produces HR KPIs and reports, identify issues and employment trends and measure the success of HR initiatives, whilst ensuring that the HR function delivers the everyday things consistently well.
* Ensure all attractions are legally compliant with contracts of employment, working practices and training requirements.
* Be able to initiate, design and execute integrated people solutions that address key business drivers, excelling at bringing together the resources within the business areas, wider HR teams, and L&D Specialists to achieve successful execution. From February 2013 to March 2015 (2 years 2 months) Area HR Manager @ * Field based covering up to 30 stores covering areas of the country including Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, Bristol & Home Counties.
* Work as strategic & operational HR business partner to the Area Manager, providing challenging and knowledgeable HR support in order to develop and drive excellence in manager and store team capability
* Take accountability for the Area’s performance in Recruitment & Induction; Training & Development; Employee Relations; and Talent Management/Succession Planning.
* Own the talent & succession plan for the area, ensuring the right people are in the right roles at the right time, driving improvements to develop current and future capability.
* Provide generalist HR service for the Area; offering advice and guidance where appropriate to ensure we comply with relevant legislation and policy requirements.
* Work with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of relevant and practical training & development in line with required capabilities.
* Enable all colleagues to have a positive employment experience, be highly engaged and to help ensure that the company brand is represented professionally at all times.
* Selected to work on 'Area of Learning' to Business Partner, support & coach Trainee Area Manager
* Deputised for Regional HR Manager for 5 months including daily leadership of 6 Area HR Managers, working in business partnership with Regional Manager
* Coach & mentor to two internal candidates now successfully appointment to role of Area HR Manager
* Completed 6 month secondment to support two underperforming areas to support region
* Successfully managed the recruitment & training of new staff for 6 new stores as part of Iceland’s recent expansion programme
* Supported introduction of Senior Supervisors to the business working with Store Managers to ensure effective recruitment, training, engagement & ongoing development
* Nominated for ‘Best Area’ to work on
* Recognised by the HR Director for 'Rising Star’ award From October 2007 to February 2013 (5 years 5 months) HR Advisor @ * Provided professional advice and support to line managers on employee relations issues including disciplinary, grievance, redundancy, absence and change management
* Managed the long term sickness process, liaising with company Occupational Health Nurse
* Supported line managers in the effective management of recruitment and selection campaigns
* Facilitated training and development, through training needs analysis and the implementation of new initiatives
* Supported the HR Manager in developing the strategic direction and delivery of the HR function
* Developed and implemented HR policies and procedures
* Compiled and reported on HR statistics
* Deputised for the HR Manager, including attendance at board level meetings
* Line management responsibility for HR Administrator and two Payroll Administrators
* Set up of HR function including implementation of HR policies and procedures to a business with limited previous HR influence
* Implemented a new Time and Attendance system for 900 employees, which involved harmonising working hours and shift patterns and the training of 20 line managers
* Managed redundancy and relocation processes for site closures involving up to 150 employees From October 2005 to October 2007 (2 years 1 month) Acting HR Officer @ * Advised on employee relations issues on a day to day basis
* Managed permanent recruitment, including liaising with recruitment and advertising agencies and conducting interviews
* Responsible for training needs analysis for Head Office and management staff and the organisation of annual training calendar within budget
* Organised and evaluated training events
* Administration of annual pay review and completion of Croner Reward Salary Survey From October 2004 to September 2005 (1 year) HR Administrator @ Reporting directly to the Head of HR for UK, Eire & Netherlands
* Advised and supported remote HR Officers, HR administrators and employees on issues including policy and benefits
* Managed the procedure for any employment changes, liaising with the Payroll department
* Conducted employee inductions for all new joiners
* Co-ordinated recruitment & training process, including organisation of all temporary recruitment
* Co-ordinated employee benefits process including BUPA, Life Assurance, pension & PHI
* Collated and produced figures for Corporate Head Office on a monthly basis
* Collated HR reports from all locations and provided a summary to the management team
* Collated information for employee disciplinary meetings and assisted during the investigatory stage From August 2002 to October 2004 (2 years 3 months)
BA Hons, Human Resources @ Southampton Solent University From 1998 to 2001 Postgraduate Diploma, Human Resources, CIPD @ Southampton Solent University From 1998 to 2001 9 GCSE's/ 3 A Levels, A-levels in Business Studies, English & Photography @ Dorchester Thomas Hardye School From 1994 to 1998 Lisa Hills is skilled in: Employee Relations, Human Resources, Grievances, Personnel Management, Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Talent Management, Recruiting, HR Policies, Employment Law, Coaching, Retail, Change Management, Customer Service
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension