Director Of Information Technology @ Northrop Grumman
Senior Systems Engineer @ IKON Technology Services
Associate of Science (AS) @
Lord Fairfax Community College
Highly accomplished, results-driven IT executive with proven ability to oversee successful technology operations, departments, and programs. Special expertise in directing support, infrastructure, field, and project management functions. Experienced at building and leading top-performing teams, administering department budgets, and ensuring highest levels of customer satisfaction at all times. Adept at chairing committees and managing high profile initiatives. Able
Highly accomplished, results-driven IT executive with proven ability to oversee successful technology operations, departments, and programs. Special expertise in directing support, infrastructure, field, and project management functions. Experienced at building and leading top-performing teams, administering department budgets, and ensuring highest levels of customer satisfaction at all times. Adept at chairing committees and managing high profile initiatives. Able to bridge the gap between technology and business groups.
Director, Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) Operations @ From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Infrastructure Manager, Dell Cloud for US Government @ Managed all aspects of the infrastructure implementation of the Dell Cloud for US Government project. Responsibilities included project management and vendor coordination. Direct hands on involvement with configuration and design of operating systems including Microsoft Windows and RHEL, servers, virtualization, SAN/NAS storage, backup solutions, switching, firewalls, network management, etc. Provided detailed documentation including software mapping, processes and procedures, cloud best practices, infrastructure design, etc. Oversaw of all data center operations related to the project. Played an integral role in the FedRAMP certification process. From May 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 4 months) Director, Enterprise Operations, IT @ Oversight of all technology operations for world’s largest producer of live family entertainment (Ringling Bros Circus, Disney on Ice, MonsterJam, etc.), including infrastructure, service desk, field operations, telecom, data security, and application maintenance. Provided support for 1,000 users across multiple locations worldwide. Actively involved in development of IT strategic plan. Evaluated new technologies.
• Improved efficiency and reduced costs by leading implementation of VMWare virtualized environment. Consolidated 75% of company’s 150 servers, eliminating obsolete equipment.
• Managed deployment of cloud-based service management tool.
• Increased application availability by establishing Application Support team.
• Enhanced quality by spearheading adoption of ITIL framework and leading training.
• Dramatically improved technology capabilities by directing data center upgrade and cloud research initiative that included enterprise storage, unified computing platform, and more.
• Managed technology integration and consolidation to support acquisition of company that increased total IT operations by 30%.
• Oversaw project to develop and implement comprehensive change management process. From October 2005 to January 2013 (7 years 4 months) Assistant Vice President, Information Technology Manager @ Directed all IT operations for commercial mortgage banking firm with 100 end users. Responsibilities included network administration, infrastructure development, systems development, messaging, firewalls, remote connectivity, telephony, and user support. Supervised three direct reports. Chairman of corporate Technology Committee.
• Improved efficiency by completely restructuring IT department.
• Managed critical projects, including business continuity plan and SOX compliance.
• Led development of customized mortgage servicing asset management system.
• Directed IT aspects of corporate split, including separation of IT assets and network.
• Oversaw implementation of company corporate voice system, including vendor selection. From 1998 to 2005 (7 years) Senior Systems Engineer @ Carried out presales and systems engineering consulting for large technology services firm. Managed clients. Performed network design and integration, server/network operating system integration, application implementation, and hardware installation.
• Managed Novell network implementation project that included multiple locations nationwide. Selected server and performed WAN-based directory replication.
• Developed enterprise fax solution product documentation and taught training classes. From June 1995 to June 1998 (3 years 1 month) Systems Engineer/Technical Marketing Manager @ Provided pre and post-sales support for sales team. Designed and configured LANs and WANs. Monitored projects to ensure success. Installed, integrated, and supported network components.
• Contributed to sales success by leading presentations and training sessions.
Performed technical support for company’s special events department. Configured hardware and software for clients at trade shows.
• Earned Quality Star Award for superior performance. From 1990 to 1995 (5 years)
Computer Science @ Strayer College From 1984 to 1985 Associate of Science (AS), Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 3.5 @ Lord Fairfax Community College From 1979 to 1981 Linwood Mishler is skilled in: Cloud Computing, IT Management, Data Center, Program Management, ITIL, Management, IT Strategy, Information Technology, Integration, Change Management, Consulting, Servers, IT Operations, VMware, System Deployment
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension