I am a licensed CPA in the state of Massachusetts with a passion for both travel and learning. I graduated from the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting. I have worked for the past 2 years in the assurance practice at Ernst & Young and
I am a licensed CPA in the state of Massachusetts with a passion for both travel and learning. I graduated from the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting. I have worked for the past 2 years in the assurance practice at Ernst & Young and was promoted to a Senior position in the most recent promotional rounds.
I have recently relocated to San Francisco, CA and am in search of the perfect role to continue my career and expand on my experience. In my time at EY, I specialized in both private and public companies in the software and e-commerce industries. I have experience in a fast-paced business environment with a balance of strong financial analysis abilities, attention to detail, and technical accounting knowledge. I am a dedicated team member with the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively.
Assurance Senior @ • Plan and execute operational audits of various audit clients, both public and private, using risk-based audit methodology.
• Analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts over multiple periods to exhibit drivers of change over time.
• Perform tests of details and substantive analytical procedures on financial statement accounts using large data sets. Provide detailed documentation that clearly articulates the nature, timing, and extent of procedures performed, findings identified, and conclusions reached.
• Assisted in the Initial Public Offering of an EY audit client, directly assisting the Engagement Partner and Managers with procedures over the Form S-1, as well as updating drafts of comfort letters and preparing circle-ups for underwriters’ counsel on each draft of the Form S-1.
• Evaluate the design and effectiveness of internal controls by completing walk-through procedures of multiple complex business processes for a first year integrated audit in accordance with PCAOB standards.
• Act as liaison between multiple team members in a multi-location audit as well as at the client; able to communicate requests comprehensively and coordinate effectively.
• Act in a senior role; assisting in delegating day to day assignments and answering questions of team members as well as managing personal assignments and present progress to senior management.
• Utilize EY’s Accounting Information Systems and Software applications to provide efficient client services.
• Develop a strong understanding of the audit methodology and processes. Keep current on professional standards and technical knowledge by navigating through resource tools such as EY Global Audit Methodology, EY’s Global Accounting & Auditing Information Tools (GAAIT) and internal Accounting & Auditing News updates
• Contribute to EY beyond client service by participating in recruiting events for new hires and acting as a resource for my peers and new associates. From September 2013 to October 2015 (2 years 2 months) Greater Boston AreaIntern @ • Northeast Commercial Assurance Summer Intern
• Global Student Exchange Program in Sydney, Australia From June 2012 to August 2012 (3 months)
Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting @ University of Massachusetts, Amherst From 2009 to 2013 Business Management and Marketing @ John Cabot University From 2011 to 2011 Leominster High School From 2005 to 2009 Lindsay CPA is skilled in: Accounting, Financial Analysis, Time Management, Teamwork, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Auditing, Leadership, Social Networking, Customer Service, Research, Public Speaking, Social Media
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension