20+ years of experience in embedded software development, from Assembly to autocode in C language. Have extensive experience in development of model-based environment and processes for Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow-based production applications. Deep knowledge of embedded software architecture including AUTOSAR. Led a number of production powertrain software projects. Experience in project management and engineering group management. Author of a number
20+ years of experience in embedded software development, from Assembly to autocode in C language. Have extensive experience in development of model-based environment and processes for Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow-based production applications. Deep knowledge of embedded software architecture including AUTOSAR. Led a number of production powertrain software projects. Experience in project management and engineering group management. Author of a number papers on modeling and autocode topics. US patents holder.
• Engineering group management / project management
• Modeling (MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow)
• Autocode (Embedded Coder and TargetLink code generators)
• Embedded software for automotive applications
• Software architecture including AUTOSAR
Director of Operations, LSS Division @ Responsible for the execution of the projects.
Allocate LSS engineering resources per current and upcoming projects.
Serve as a technical adviser for LSS engineering teams and LSS Sales team. From January 2014 to Present (2 years) Staff Engineer (Principal Engineer) @ Modeling and Autocode practitioner, project manager
Developed automated model-based development environment for production applications.
Developed software tool for test automation for Simulink models
Made automated AUTOSAR wrappers for legacy code.
Serve as a technical adviser for multiple production Model-based control applications for MY2013 and beyond. From April 2011 to January 2014 (2 years 10 months) Technical Specialist @ Project Manager,
Software Architecture, Model-based development, Autocode From April 2010 to April 2011 (1 year 1 month) Technical Specialist @ Model-based development, Autocoded software From January 2010 to March 2010 (3 months) Manager, Software Architecture and Model Based Development Engineering @ • Create model-based development environment for customer’s projects. That includes the development of Matlab m-scripts for the automation of the process, the link between the requirements and model / autocode, automation of model validation and code verification.
• Assist to the customer in migration to AUTOSAR-based application development
That includes the assistance with software architecture and creation of AUTOSAR-compliant c-language “wrappers” for the legacy code. From September 2008 to January 2010 (1 year 5 months) Staff Engineer @ Created integrated model-based environment for the development of production applications:
- Developed a process of modeling with MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow
- Developed Delphi Common Practices of autocoding with RTW E-coder and TargetLink
- Initiated, led and co-developed the unified Delphi Data Dictionary supporting model-based development and autocoding.
- Initiated, architected and co-implemented ModelChecker tool that validates a model against MAAB style guidelines and project-specific rules. ModelChecker is currently used by all new Delphi model-based projects.
- Selected/customized the tools for traceability between requirements, model, and autocode.
- Evaluated new tools for modeling, autocoding and validation/verification
- Assisted in the development of the models and autocode for a number of Delphi advance development and production applications: battery control, transmission control, active safety projects and others. Support includes:
• Perform software requirements analyses.
• Develop software architecture
• Perform software design
• Perform software autocode and integration with the legacy code
• Develop and perform the unit tests and component tests
• Develop plans and perform software integration with control hardware.
• Participate in peer reviews of software designs, code and test plans and results
• Review and implement software change requests
- Re-architect software application layer for GM900 series HVAC applications. Setup the autocoding environment (2005) and lead autocoding software team. Autocoded software is in production since 2007.
- Setup the autocoding environment and autocoded the initial software for AdaptiveCruiseControl projects for Volvo/Jaguar/Ford. Autocoded software is in production since 2006.
- Chairman of Delphi Systems Modeling and Autocode Center of Expertise.
- Delphi representative in MathworksAutomotiveAdvisoryBoard
- Delphi representative in MathworksCodegenerataionGroup From September 2001 to September 2008 (7 years 1 month) Lead Software Engineer @ Lead a number of large-scaled production projects; lead multiple teams of software engineers.
Analyzed customer requirements for the system/software modifications.
Co-develop control algorithm for Powertrain applications
Designed project software architecture
Developed production software in ”C” and “Assembly” languages From September 1990 to September 2001 (11 years 1 month)
Ph.D., Computer Studies @ Saint Petersburg State Electrotechnical UniversityMS, Electrical Engineering @ St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University Lev Vitkin is skilled in: Testing, AUTOSAR, Embedded Software, Embedded Systems, Automotive Electronics, Simulink, Automotive, RTOS, Systems Engineering, Embedded C, Microcontrollers, C, Engineering Management, Simulations, Powertrain
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension