A successful, results-oriented finance and operations leader with 25 years of experience and a proven track record of implementing change and driving superior business performance. Significant operations experience across multiple industries and global geographies. Experienced at driving a transformational agenda in the business and finance functions. Possess broad financial capabilities (P&L, FP&A, audit, tax, M&A, IR) and
A successful, results-oriented finance and operations leader with 25 years of experience and a proven track record of implementing change and driving superior business performance. Significant operations experience across multiple industries and global geographies. Experienced at driving a transformational agenda in the business and finance functions. Possess broad financial capabilities (P&L, FP&A, audit, tax, M&A, IR) and a strong overall business acumen. A recognized mentor, team builder, and motivator with highly developed presentation and communication skills. Partner successfully with CEOs/GMs to guide organizations through complex business issues requiring business strategy and financial leadership.
► Finance Acumen / Insight
► Business / Thought Partner
► Change Management / Transformation
► Leadership / Executive Presence
► Oral and Written Communicator
Senior Vice President - Finance & Chief Financial Officer @ From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSenior Vice President - Finance, CFO Designate @ From May 2015 to July 2015 (3 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaChief Financial Officer, National Grid US @ Direct report to the UK-based Group Finance Director with a dotted line to the Executive Director of the US. Responsible for all finance and accounting activities for National Grid US ($13B in revenue, $23 B in enterprise value, $11B in debt) including financial reporting, budgeting, controllership, compliance, and oversight of financial management. Local responsibility for treasury, tax, and investor relations. Managed a staff of 450+ employees. Organization is responsible for issuing 140+ financial statements to regulators and investors.
• Played a leadership role in the implementation of a new jurisdictional-based operating model that has enabled National Grid to be more focused on its customers, regulators, and communities while reducing overhead by $200 MM. In addition, successfully filed four rate cases that improved financial performance (ROE) by 33% in three years (FY ’13 vs. FY ’10).
• Provided leadership (Co-Executive Sponsor) in National Grid’s implementation of SAP. New system impacted over 90 operating systems across the US jurisdiction. Implementation was one of the largest in SAP’s history.
• Improved the quality and value of the Finance organization. Established a Finance organization that was “Fit for Purpose”: implemented a new organization structure, added / upgraded talent, and developed financial analytics that addressed external and internal requirements. In addition, significantly improved processes and controls to address historical control deficiencies.
• Responsible for addressing issues identified in an independent audit assessment of National Grid’s processes and controls. Approximately 60 recommendations have been or are in the process of being implemented.
• Led the business through several high impact / high exposure business crises. From 2011 to 2014 (3 years) Vice President, Operations, Healthcare @ Direct report to the Executive Vice President of Healthcare and Innovation with a dotted line to the President of MWV. Specifically selected for this role by the CEO of MWV. Tasked with integrating several stand-alone entities into a cohesive, high-performing business unit. Responsible for developing and implementing a global operating system that positioned the Healthcare business to meet BOD expectations. Other goals were to improve plant operations, supply chain, and customer service. From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) Richmond, Virginia AreaVice President, CFO - Packaging Resource Group @ Direct report to the Chief Financial Officer of MWV with dotted line responsibilities to the President of MWV and the President of the Packaging Resources Group. Full P&L finance responsibility (e.g., Operations, Accounting, Strategy, Foreign Exchange, and ERP Implementation) for a $3B revenue industrial manufacturer with 6,600 employees in 18 countries. Responsible for improving the business’s operating performance and overall business processes. Also responsible for financial controllership (including company audits), organizational development, and staffing. Managed a staff of 125 employees with 65% of the team located outside the United States. From 2006 to 2010 (4 years) Richmond, Virginia AreaVice President of Finance, Business Process Outsourcing @ Reported to the CFO of EDS. Recruited by CFO to turn around EDS’ $2.7B Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) business. Responsible for developing, implementing, and executing a comprehensive business strategy to drive revenue and income growth.
• Developed and implemented EDS’ first comprehensive business strategy for BPO. Strategy focused on driving growth in selected markets, exiting underperforming business, and leveraging capabilities across product line offerings to drive efficiency and profitability.
• Provided financial leadership in $0.6B acquisition of Towers Perrin Administration Solutions (TPAS). Played a critical role in developing both the strategic rational and the transaction structure. Prepared the pro forma, executed due diligence, and assisted with negotiations. From 2003 to 2006 (3 years) Various Leadership Roles @ Division CFO, GE Components, Plainville, CT (2001 – 2003)
Honeywell Integration Finance Leader, GE Industrial Systems, Phoenix, AZ (2001)
Corporate Staff Executive, Mergers & Acquisitions, Fairfield, CT (1999 – 2001)
Manager of Global FP&A, GE Industrial Systems, Plainville, CT (1998 – 1999)
Division CFO, GE Meters, Somersworth, NH (1996 – 1998)
Director of Technology Finance, GE Lighting Europe (GELE), Budapest, HU (1994 – 1996)
Audit Manager, GE Corporate Audit Staff (1990 – 1993)
Financial Management Program, GE Lighting, Cleveland, OH (1988 – 1990) From 1988 to 2003 (15 years)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Finance, General, Graduated with distinction @ Indiana University Bloomington From 1984 to 1988 Lee Eckert is skilled in: Business Strategy, Audit, Acquisition Integration, Financial Management, Strategic Financial Planning, Operations Management, Divestitures, Business Transformation, Economic Value Added, Manufacturing Productivity, Introducing New Products, Business Process Improvement, Business Development, International, Six Sigma
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension