Lauren is the director of content at sweetgreen, where she oversees the creative team responsible for the brand's content strategy and defines the brand voice via compelling storytelling. She and her team leverage multimedia and social platforms to articulate the sweetgreen mission, its core values and its commitment to living a life of passion x purpose, a.k.a.
Lauren is the director of content at sweetgreen, where she oversees the creative team responsible for the brand's content strategy and defines the brand voice via compelling storytelling. She and her team leverage multimedia and social platforms to articulate the sweetgreen mission, its core values and its commitment to living a life of passion x purpose, a.k.a. the #sweetlife.
For 4 years prior to sweetgreen, Lauren spearheaded and grew Mashable's Branded Content department, turning it into a revenue-critical team at the fast-growing digital media company. In her role, she managed a team that developed and executed high-performing multimedia content programs for a range of Mashable's advertisers, including Samsung, Marriott, AmEx and Gap.
Prior to Mashable, Lauren dabbled in social strategy and copywriting for brands including Luke's Lobster, City Magazine, Dylan's Candy Bar and DailyCandy (RIP). She holds a BA in history from the University of Pennsylvania and an MSJ from Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism.
Lauren is a fan of: maps, data viz, puns, leaning in, @franklinpup, a daily #newthing, squeezing a lot into her days, google calendar, big ideas and fixing typos (see also: spelchekt.tumblr.com)
Director of Content @ - Define the sweetgreen and sweetlife brand voice and create content x creative strategy to amplify the company mission, namely sweetgreen's interest in food education, healthy living, sustainability, passion x purpose
- Execute content and creative development for email, social, web, mobile and in-store collateral
- Develop, design and produce photo/video shoots to convey brand message and support broader marketing campaigns, i.e. new store openings, the seasonal menu and the sweetlife festival
- Liaise with partners, writers, influencers, photographers, brands and creative thinkers to build a strong community and enhance brand visibility
- Manage creative team to produce stunning and effective visual messaging From April 2015 to Present (5 months) NYC/DC/LADirector, Branded Content @ - Ideate, develop and manage content programs for 50+ advertisers, i.e. Citi, Marriott, GE, BMW, Intel, MasterCard and Gap
- Collaborate with Strategy and Sales Development teams to develop innovative branded content products
- Instrumental in scaling Mashable’s branded content program, both in size and capability (multimedia, etc)
- Manage a team of 9, project-manage across departments (Sales, Sales Dev, Ad Ops, Design, MarComms and Product) and manage relationships with third-party production companies and freelancers
- Manage social presence of Mashable BrandLab, the company’s in-house branded content studio
- Research, write and edit Branded Content, then optimize social sharing for maximum performance
- Measure success of Mashable’s Branded Content, which exceeds site averages for pageviews, shares and time spent (Omniture, Google Analytics, Parsely, Peek)
- Joined as Assistant Editor, promoted to Associate Editor in August 2011, promoted to Branded Content Editor in May 2012, promoted to Branded Content Director in December 2014 From February 2011 to April 2015 (4 years 3 months) Social Media Strategist @ Build and drive social media presence via Facebook (10k+ fans), Twitter (13k+ followers), Instagram, Foursquare, Tumblr, Pinterest, Yelp; Consult for marketing materials, including apparel, fliers, brochures, press kit, logos and stickers; Write product copy ("From ME to You," Noah’s Ark, etc.) From June 2009 to April 2014 (4 years 11 months) Multimedia Journalist @ Write small-business and entrepreneurship news; SEO; shoot and edit Entrepreneur Spotlight, My First Million and 27 Million and Counting web series at @AOLSmallBiz. From June 2010 to February 2011 (9 months) Multi-Platform Journalist @ Source, shoot, script and edit broadcast news packages (1:30 length) in Avid & Final Cut; Covered the Wicker Women photo project (aired on WCIU), the Foursquare social media app, the return of Officer Friendly in Chicago, a vegan take-out shop, a nationally-ranked figure skater, the need for racially diverse adoptive parents, an artist who beat the odds after enduring an extreme adverse reaction to a prescription drug, and more; Reported on women’s health issues, including mammography controversy, folic acid intake, pregnancy nutrition, cosmetic surgery, and the apparent decline of women’s happiness; Published in Community Health Magazine and the Northwest Indiana Parent From September 2009 to June 2010 (10 months) Copywriter @ Write brand editorials for ideeli.com, an online shopping community that hosts steeply discounted sales in fashion, home furnishings, beauty products and accessories From February 2009 to February 2010 (1 year 1 month) Editorial Intern @ Write "Citizens" profiles; Research and write items in the “Action” section (including a monthly calendar), documenting events and openings in international film, art, fashion and hospitality industries; Proofread and edit the magazine in its entirety From October 2008 to March 2009 (6 months) Copywriter @ Write creative copy for the 5,000 products sold at DCB, including candy, gift baskets, apparel and accessories; Create kickers, headlines and slogans for in-store events, promotions, e-mail blasts, postcards From June 2008 to September 2008 (4 months)
MSJ, Journalism (Concentration in Broadcast) @ Northwestern University From 2009 to 2010 BA, History, , Psychology @ University of Pennsylvania From 2004 to 2008 Lauren Drell is skilled in: Copy Editing, Final Cut Pro, Copywriting, Photoshop, InDesign, Ap Style, HTML, Avid, AP Style, Editorial, Journalism, Editing, Blogging, Social Media, Digital Media, Social Media Marketing, Magazines, Facebook, Advertising, Writing, Storytelling, SEO
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension