Lauren believes that every person has the ability to improve their health by assessing their lifestyle and using prioritization and planning to achieve their health goals. As a wellness coach she uses a background in functional nutrition, mindfulness training and yoga to help clients build their skill level and achieve a healthy, balanced lifestyle. She believes this
Lauren believes that every person has the ability to improve their health by assessing their lifestyle and using prioritization and planning to achieve their health goals. As a wellness coach she uses a background in functional nutrition, mindfulness training and yoga to help clients build their skill level and achieve a healthy, balanced lifestyle. She believes this same approach can be applied on an organizational level to help build stronger businesses, schools and communities and healthier, happier citizens. Lauren has extensive experience working with health and wellness coach clients for medical compliance, healthy lifestyle behavior and stress management. She is experienced designing wellness programs based on the health and wellness needs of the population she is serving.
Lauren holds a Masters degree in Integrative Health and Wellness Management from the California Institute of Integral Studies and dual certifications as a Health and Wellness Coach. She has a strong background in HR, marketing and event planning. She incorporates these skills into her work coordinating organizational wellness programs as well as working one on one with health coaching clients.
Health and Wellness Coach @ *Works with members on achieving preventive health goals.
*Develops website content for stress management techniques
*Serves as a point of contact for member outreach
*Produces video coaching sessions From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Health Promotion Coordinator @ * Coordinates wellness incentive program for 22,000 associates
* Manages volunteer and employee wellness coordinators at all Centura hospital locations.
* Organizes biometric screening events for associates in all Centura Colorado and Kansas hospitals.
* Designer of corporate yoga program and health education workshops.
* Maintains relationships with consultants and vendors for biometric screenings. From October 2013 to 2014 (1 year) Account Specialist @ From 2012 to 2013 (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaHealth Coach & Research Assistant @ • Conducting extensive research on chronic illness for the development of Living with Illness Coaching series
• Drafted What the Coach needs to Know guides for working with chronically ill clients on lifestyle flourishing
• Excelled working with Wellness Coaching clients at the Poudre Valley Medical Fitness Center From 2012 to 2013 (1 year) Office Coordinator @ • Counseled new employees on benefits and HR information; maintained staff awareness of facilities issues
• Responsible for booking extensive travel and synchronizing executive staff schedules; general admin support
• Proactively worked with membership coordination, fundraising and logistical planning for large scale events
• Maintained up to date grant information; Responsible for reconciling finances and program budgeting From 2007 to 2011 (4 years) San Francisco Bay AreaMarketing Assistant @ • Responsible for communication and logistics planning for large scale corporate events
• Assisted with proofreading and editing information for marketing and event distribution
• Tracked public responses while maintaining a precise database; assisted with market research From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Sydney Area, Australia
Master's degree, Integrative Health and Wellness Management @ California Institute of Integral Studies From 2011 to 2013 Bachelor's degree, Sociology @ University of Colorado at Boulder Lauren Bern is skilled in: Wellness Coaching, Coaching, Stress Management, Program Management, Operating Budgets, Chronic Illness, Grant Writing, Office Administration, Research, HR Policies, Social Media, Yoga, Editing, Writing, Logistics Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension