Quality Assurance Specialist - Mechanical @ DoD - DCMA
Lead Specialty Engineer (Contract) @ Chrysler Corporation
Presigi Lead Engineer (Contract) @ Chrysler
B.S., Computer Networking & Telecommunications Management @
CERTS: Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Accelper Consulting; Certified ISO 9001:2008 Auditor, Root Cause Analysis, Mistake Proofing and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (Poka Yoke), Fundamental Practices for Engineering Design, APQP; FMEA; PPAP; Control Plans & Flow Charts; Quality Trainer Minitab & Quality Companion 3, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), U of I - BIS; MeasureMind 3D,
CERTS: Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Accelper Consulting; Certified ISO 9001:2008 Auditor, Root Cause Analysis, Mistake Proofing and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (Poka Yoke), Fundamental Practices for Engineering Design, APQP; FMEA; PPAP; Control Plans & Flow Charts; Quality Trainer Minitab & Quality Companion 3, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), U of I - BIS; MeasureMind 3D, Touch Probe, Laser, & MeasureFit (OGP) DiMetrix; Calypso Basic (CMM) Zeiss; PC-DMIS CAD Basic (CMM) Hexagon; Camio Studio Basic / Intermediate (CMM) Metris / Nikon; Geomeasure 3000 / 6000 (CMM) Mitutoyo
Quality Assurance Specialist - Mechanical @ From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Lead Specialty Engineer (Contract) @ Newly created position to support "Body in White", North and South Body Shop areas in the plant. 2nd Shift Quality Supervisor / Business Unit Leader of Weld, Torque & Dimensional Auditors and Quality Engineering administrative support for resistance weld ultrasonic (RSWA) inspection, Laser Dimensional inspection (LMI), dimensional Gap & Flush inspection, sealant and torque inspections. Documentation. Special Projects / Kaizen Projects. From November 2012 to December 2014 (2 years 2 months) Presigi Lead Engineer (Contract) @ * Led the New Dodge Dart vehicle pre-warranty drive test program (Presigi) at Belvidere Assembly Plant.
* Interfaced with team to root cause, contain and resolve warranty issues during test program.
* Validated warranty issue containment and corrective actions.
* Performed daily formal reporting of open issue status and metrics to the plant and management. From June 2012 to November 2012 (6 months) Interim Quality Manager (Contract Position) @ Contract Interim Quality Manager for a flexible packaging company.
Full duties of a Quality Manager including:
* Supervised Quality Technicians, Quality Records Tech, Quality Analyst and multiple Contract Employees.
* Provided Corrective Action Responses to customers;
* Issued Certificates of Analysis and Conformance;
* Handled customer audit requests and responses;
* Initiated CARs and reviewed internal corrective and preventative action responses;
* Dispositioned MRB / Quarantined product;
* Presided over Machine Validations;
* Performed setup of gaging; handled gage repair and calibration;
* Purchased for Quality department,
* Reviewed, created and updated procedures, control plans and recording sheets;
* Wrote and issued rework plans. From April 2012 to June 2012 (3 months) Quality Engineer (Contract) @ ISO 9001 Certified Manufacturer of Passenger Door Systems for the Transit Bus Industry
* Performed Internal ISO and Layered Audits
* Utilized Quality Tools to troubleshoot process problems & resolve customer issues
* Performed Material Review, initiated internal corrective actions, created NCRs & SCARs
* Created and revised QMS Procedures and Inspection / Test Instructions for powdered paint lines From November 2011 to April 2012 (6 months) Sr. Manufacturing Engineer / Gage Engineer / Project Manager @ * Provided day to day support of Rebuild through troubleshooting, process improvement, redesign and upgrades of existing tools and equipment, initiation and oversite of equipment maintenance, and provision of appropriate tools and supplies to operators.
* Evaluated both new and existing Reman processes to identify areas that could be changed to improve efficiency, increase safety and ergonomics, increase quality, and reduce costs.
* Initiated and coordinated multiple active projects with the Plant Engineering, Maintenance, and Remanufacturing Departments.
* Wrote new process procedures and create appropriate documentation to ensure that problem solutions and best practices were communicated to operators, other engineers and area supervisors.
* Determined tooling, fixturing, lifting devices, and various equipment needs and requirements, worked with Plant Engineering, Contractors, and Vendors to create appropriate process and device concepts, coordinated tool fabrication, purchased tools and equipment, initiated and managed equipment purchase projects, and implemented all into the Rebuild production environment. From May 2009 to October 2011 (2 years 6 months) Senior Quality Engineer / Supervisor of Gage Control & Internal Quality Auditors / Project Manager @ * Evaluated, hired, trained, & supervised Gage Technicians, CMM Programmers, & Internal Auditors
* Made strategic decisions & organized to meet internal & external department needs and overall organizational goals
* Worked closely with Engineers to troubleshoot process problems & choose / design appropriate gaging
* Researched, collaborated, and purchased gages, tools, and replacement parts
* Initiated, researched, & managed multiple projects for major gage upgrades, new product line installations & gage acquisitions
* Reviewed, updated, implemented & audited processes, procedures & documentation to meet AAR and ISO standards
* Utilized SAP ERP system to write & approve Purchase Requisitions, manage Projects, and reconcile travel and credit card statements
* Utilized ETQ system to initiate and answer Corrective Action Reports
* Worked with APQP teams to create FMEAs, Flows, and Control Plans
* Achieved Six Sigma Green Belt status and work with Six Sigma teams on select projects From December 2006 to May 2009 (2 years 6 months) Quality Engineer @ * Performed & documented Capability Studies and PPAPs
* Created Flow Charts, PFMEAs, FMEAs, and Control Plans
* Utilized Quality Tools to troubleshoot process problems
* Used Quality Tools to Solve internal and external customer problems & reported on 8D CARs / SCARs
* Led Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) & Process Improvement Teams From 2006 to 2006 (less than a year) Quality Engineer @ * Performed Capability Studies and PPAPs
* Updated procedural documentation and compiled special reports
* Programmed OGP Smartscope and Brown & Sharpe CMM
* Used Quality Tools to troubleshoot process problems
* Handled internal and external customer problems
* Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and on MRB committee From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Contract Quality Engineer @ * Performed full layouts using toolmakers microscopes, comparators, and various hand tools
* Setup, generated and evaluated SPC reporting; Compiled & distributed special reports.
* Performed Capability Studies
* Updated Control Plans, FMEAs, and Flow Charts
* Functioned as Lead Line Technician, trained & evaluated new inspectors From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Quality Engineer / Quality Manager @ * Managed plant Quality Department, Supervised Quality Technicians
* Audited production line, developed detailed operator and inspector visual work instructions and operation check sheets to KPCs
* Updated QMS, Control Plans, FMEAs, and Flow Charts to process changes
* Developed, instituted and monitored SPC for new and existing processes
* Assisted on 8DCorrective Actions and initiated required actions
* Initiated Supplier Audits and Supplier Corrective Action Report filing and monitoring
* Responsible for daily production meeting minutes
* Trained for and participated on ISO 14001 Environmental Audit team From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) Quality Analyst / CMM Programmer @ * Created well-written, automatic CMM setups and programs for very complex part geometries with multiple coordinate systems (including Car Coordinate System for Automotive) and geometric tolerancing (GD&T) for operator usage on automatic machines
* Documented CMM programs, created CMM operator work instructions and performed CMM operator training
* Maintained monthly SPC reporting to Customers
* Performed First Articles, Layouts, Capability Studies, and GRRs
* Updated CMM Programs, Control Plans, Flow Charts, and FMEAs to customer print revisions From 1999 to 2002 (3 years) Quality Technician / Auditor @ * Performed complex, close tolerance first piece, line auditing, First Article layout, fixture check, Receiving inspection, and Final critical inspection to Mil Specs, Process Prints, and Final Prints utilizing a wide variety of gaging
* Documented and recorded discrepancies and wrote rework procedures From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Q.A. Technician @ * Performed complex, close tolerance first piece inspections, fixture checks, In Process, Receiving and Final inspections
* Maintained gage setting and calibration
* Administered inspection services and quality oversight for entire second shift From 1994 to 1997 (3 years) Q.A. Manager @ * Supervised Quality Technicians
* Created QMS and ISO documentation for upcoming certification
* Performed complex, close tolerance layouts, first piece inspection, fixture checks, visual, Receiving and Final inspection
* Maintained gage setting and calibration From 1993 to 1994 (1 year) Quality Technician / Auditor @ * Performed complex, close tolerance first piece, Production Line auditing, First Article layout, fixture check, Receiving inspection, and Final critical inspection to Mil Specs, Process Prints, and Final Prints utilizing a wide variety of gaging
* Documented and recorded discrepancies, wrote detailed rework procedures
* Undertook key leadership roles on TQM Process Improvement Teams, Focused Factory Teams From 1985 to 1993 (8 years)
M.B.A., General Business Administration @ Keller Graduate School of Management of DeVry University From 2006 to 2008 B.S., Computer Networking & Telecommunications Management @ DeVry University From 2002 to 2005 Laura J. Campbell is skilled in: SPC, 8D CARs, Poka Yoke, GD&T, Project Management, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Six Sigma, Minitab, ISO, Process Capability, Quality Systems, Lean Manufacturing, Root Cause Analysis
Looking for a different
Laura J. Campbell?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension