Master of Accounting, International Accounting @
Academy of Economics Studies, Bucharest
A confident, capable and responsible professional with a Master’s degree in Accounting and over 6 years’ experience in various areas of accounting and business services. Worked with companies in multiple industries and gained a thorough understanding of accounting principles and procedures. Extensive experience with high volume data analysis and reconciliation, balance sheet accounts control and preparation of
A confident, capable and responsible professional with a Master’s degree in Accounting and over 6 years’ experience in various areas of accounting and business services. Worked with companies in multiple industries and gained a thorough understanding of accounting principles and procedures. Extensive experience with high volume data analysis and reconciliation, balance sheet accounts control and preparation of management reports and financial statements. Developed great rapport with colleagues and managers, built and maintained solid relationships with clients.
• Integrated the regional retail business that was set up on a different finance system, into the wider retail business that was using SAP, by creating complex mapping files between the two finance systems, identifying best ways of using the systems and creating new consolidated reports to include the regional business;
• Successfully drove improvements related to finance processes and financial systems that have led to more efficient and compliant processes;
• Identified and resolved procedure errors which led to the decrease of write offs by approx. $200K;
• Involved in bottom-up full year planning where I displayed a "can-do" attitude and the commercial ability to take the individual work-product of others and ensure that it makes sense from a total plan perspective;
• Participated in the upgrade of the inventory module as a super user; helped the development team, tested, wrote the manual and conducted training sessions for my colleagues.
Retail Management Accountant @ Responsibilities:
• Provide timely and accurate financial contribution reporting, analysis and forecasting for the retail sales organisation in a timely, accurate and compliant manner;
• Manage the provision of management information, providing appropriate level of reporting and delivery of insight into operations;
• Work closely with the offshore team, to deliver reliable operations and drive process compliance, simplification and standardisation;
• Identify and participate in process improvement opportunities and manage or participate in any finance projects as needed;
• Undertake performance analysis according to agreed processes and perform the capture, analysis and near term reporting of financial outcomes.
• Integrated the regional retail part of the business that was set-up on a different finance system within the wide retail business that was using SAP. Created complex mapping files for accurate and efficient data migration into SAP, identified best ways of using SAP functionality in order to produce the required information and consolidated reports to include the regional business;
• Drove considerable improvement with the offshore team by re-training where required, setting clear expectations and setting up KPIs to track performance. This resulted in decreased aged items and write-offs;
• Delivered an accurate retail site plan, within agreed timeframes whilst navigating a process that was not clearly defined and changing. Displayed "can-do" attitude and commercial ability by taking the individual work-product of others and ensuring that when all the category-level assumptions were loaded, they also made sense when brought back together for a site;
• Created, reviewed and improved all month end processes within the role, to ensure accurate data integrity and efficient ways of working;
• Managed the transition to a new intranet for the Finance team by liaising with all the team leads on the content required. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Melbourne, AustraliaFinancial/Management Accountant @ Responsibilities:
• Provide financial information and commentary on the monthly P&L results for the regional and rural business;
• Analyse monthly financial and management information to ensure accurate budgeting and reporting of the company’s financial results;
• Prepare weekly P&L and forecast reports on fuel gross margin and shop sales and present the reports to the stakeholders of the Regional business;
• Assist with financial control and efficient use of recourses through analysis of performance to budgets and improved decision making through data analysis;
• Provide support to managers across the business in understanding their P&L monthly results. Assist the depots, retail and area sales managers with their queries on their monthly P&L by analysing their results and providing them with clear and concise financial information.
• Created new reporting processes for more efficient analysis and investigation on the completeness and accuracy of the monthly results which have led to identifying and solving errors in the balance sheet, thus preventing potential write offs of $150K;
• Managed the fixed asset verification through identification of customer assets. Worked closely with depot managers to identify the actual location of an asset – at the depot or at a commercial customer. Improved the asset register accuracy and the reporting provided to key stakeholders. From August 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 1 month) Melbourne, AustraliaStocks Accounting Officer @ The main focus of the role was to ensure effective control, accurate accounting and reporting of all stock related purchases and corresponding invoice reconciliation.
• Process all month end activities within agreed deadlines and reconcile allocated balance sheet accounts in compliance with Balance Sheet Integrity Practice (BSI);
• Analyse the monthly retail stock balances for approximately 20 service stations to detect and solve any irregularities in order to minimize losses;
• Calculate and submit Fuel Subsidy Claims through SAP Portal;
• Analyse the fuel and lubricants stock accounts for NSW and WA with a value of approximately $1.5 mil to ensure that all errors and variances are identified and resolved;
• Prepare stock reports as the ‘Issue Register’ which provides a clear view of all stock related variances and any updates on the measures taken to resolve them.
• Daily control and reconciliation of book-to-physical stock with values of approximately $1.5mil per day have led to identifying and resolving procedure errors and reducing the amount of write-offs by approximately $50K. From December 2012 to August 2013 (9 months) Melbourne, AustraliaCash Management Officer @ The role was focused on the WA and Victoria’s retail sites sales reconciliation to the cash received, either directly (i.e. a cash sale) or through delayed settlement from EFTPOS or various card schemes e.g. Amex, Diners, etc. known as “tenders”.
• Assist in the preparation of operational KPI reporting and analysis;
• Identify and resolve any discrepancies and recommend actions to avoid reoccurrences;
• Investigate and prepare reports on outstanding cash, safe drops and variance in other payment means;
• Manage merchant disputed transactions and vouchers rejected by the service provider. From June 2012 to December 2012 (7 months) Melbourne, AustraliaAccountant @ The role was within the accounting department and responsible for 12 of the company’s clients.
• Prepare and submit multiple tax returns including income tax, tax on profit and VAT returns;
• Monitor monthly expenditure against budgets and perform variance analysis;
• Prepare the accounting and reporting package for group purposes;
• Prepare and analyse balance sheet and profit and loss account for various companies. Turn this information into reporting packages for management and head office;
• Reconcile multiple balance sheet accounts and correct any identified issues;
• Manage the inventory ledger and ensure the accuracy and completeness of the data;
• Tested and worked closely with the development team for the upgrade of the inventory module of the company’s accounting software; wrote the manual and conducted training for my colleagues;
• Managed high volume inventory ledgers, coordinated annual physical inventory audit and prepared management reports based on the results;
• Automated reporting for group purposes for 2 companies and worked with the IT department to integrate them in the accounting software;
• Successfully completed VAT refund verification from the tax authorities for the period of one and a half years that resulted in the company receiving the entire amount requested, of approximately 10K euro;
• Coached 2 internship students in trial balance preparation and analysis. From June 2009 to December 2011 (2 years 7 months) Bucharest, RomaniaJunior Accountant (Graduate) @ The role was to provide support to three senior accountants.
• Prepare reports and summaries of accounting activities;
• Supplier and customer invoice entries and cross checking;
• Process employee expense reports, identify and correct any errors;
• Bank reconciliations and maintenance of client and supplier detailed files. From March 2008 to June 2009 (1 year 4 months) Bucharest, Romania
CPA Australia From 2013 to 2016 Master of Accounting, International Accounting @ Academy of Economics Studies, Bucharest From 2008 to 2010 Bachelor of Economics, Commerce @ Academy of Economics Studies Bucharest From 2005 to 2008 Laura Alexandra Macovei is skilled in: Account Reconciliation, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Financial Statements, VAT, MYOB, Microsoft Office, Analysis, Variance Analysis, Invoicing, Bank Reconciliation, Finance, Budgets
Looking for a different
Laura Alexandra Macovei?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension