Senior Operations Research Analyst (Data Scientist) @ Ten-X
Data Analyst/ Scientist @ Scribd
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) @
I am interested in statistics, probability, and optimization applied to real problems. I love learning about new techniques or reading papers in machine learning or predictive modeling to expand my capabilities. I am interested in examining data and diving in to look at a problem from all angles. I am most comfortable in R, but also familiar
I am interested in statistics, probability, and optimization applied to real problems. I love learning about new techniques or reading papers in machine learning or predictive modeling to expand my capabilities. I am interested in examining data and diving in to look at a problem from all angles. I am most comfortable in R, but also familiar with python.
Supply Chain Analyst @ Investigated trucking sensor data to discover analytical insights through the use of machine learning tools like random forests and k-means clustering.
Improved CPLEX mixed integer programming optimizer solve quality for factory production scheduling by tweaking parameters to incorporate business requirements.
Supported business transition to a system by analyzing mixed integer programming solve results and trace logs for validity. From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Advanced Analytics Intern @ • Improved time series forecasting for ice cream orders through radial based function neural network machine learning in SAS.
• Explored KNN and naïve bayes as alternatives to traditional ARIMAX time series forecasting.
• Developed an algorithmic method to determine suitable existing products as proxies for forecasting new products.
• Wrote SQL queries to manipulate data from tables with hundreds of millions of rows. From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) Manufacturing Consultant @ • Worked with six other industrial engineering students to identify possible solutions to manufacturing inefficiencies at Tesla.
• Developed a mixed integer linear programming tool to automatically balance assembly lines to minimize worker idle time.
• Created a discrete event simulation using a balanced line as an input to model random events within the line.
• Worked on a series of recommendations to help balance line cycle times to reduce bottlenecks.
• Recommended a balanced line for the pole inverter line that maintained current cycle time while reducing workers and machines by 14%. From January 2013 to May 2013 (5 months) Marketing Analytics Intern @ • Independently developed statistical models in R to forecast Macy*s.com metrics by day and month that improved forecasting accuracy and reduced forecasting time from weeks to minutes.
• Utilized time series forecasting methods such as triple exponential smoothing and seasonal ARIMA.
• Collaborated in a multifunctional team to develop and present an “Innovation Lab” proof of concept to the company president, who approved it and will allocate money for implementation.
• Wrote SQL queries to gather transaction data in order to produce a mock database to prototype an “Innovation Lab” idea.
• Facilitated the development of an interactive Tableau data visualization report using data pulled from databases with hundreds of thousands of rows to provide buying patterns for each country. From June 2012 to August 2012 (3 months) Inventory Control Intern @ • Worked in Operations to track inventory levels on thousands of open orders of furniture.
• Produced Excel reports regarding inventory and late orders through running queries in the SAP Business One database.
• Leveraged a combination of Excel and the SAP database to manage incoming furniture shipments. From April 2012 to May 2012 (2 months)
Master of Science (M.S.), Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, 3.71 @ UC Berkeley From 2013 to 2014 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, 3.86 @ UC Berkeley From 2010 to 2013 Larry Tan is skilled in: Operations Research, Analytics, Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling, Statistics, R, SQL, Python, Forecasting, Integer Programming, Industrial Engineering, Tableau, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Matlab
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension