U.S. Commercial Operations Associate @ Biogen Idec Hemophilia
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills internally and externally.
• Has the ability to quickly make and execute decisions that have impact on sales, marketing and cross functional teams; Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate effectively with a variety of business areas including US commercial, clinical, finance, regulatory, compliance, legal, meeting planning, HR, and
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills internally and externally.
• Has the ability to quickly make and execute decisions that have impact on sales, marketing and cross functional teams; Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate effectively with a variety of business areas including US commercial, clinical, finance, regulatory, compliance, legal, meeting planning, HR, and IT.
• Understands patient needs, demonstrates empathy and compassion.
• Generates new and unique ideas and is open to others ideas; listens effectively and invites feedback.
• Takes initiative to improve or simplify processes and procedures.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Works best in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; works well under pressure.
• Fantastic ability to influence without authority.
• Ability to work both independently with minimal direction and within project teams, excellent at attaining group goals.
• Institutes strategic thinking including ability to integrate overall business objectives into the goals/vision/values of department and communicate these effectively across organization.
• Takes a collaborative approach to achieving results; seeks common ground; solves problems for the good of all.
• Demonstrates optimism and energy in the face of change and adversity.
• Passionate about timeliness; understands sense of urgency.
• Ability to manage various projects at the same time.
• Effective at creating and delivering presentations. Strong public speaking skills.
• Advanced attention to detail.
Patient Advocacy Manager @ Lead major projects for global Patient Advocacy hub for Shire. Strong communications skills, relationship building skills and event management skills. Streamline processes and procedures for Communications and Public Affairs department. Work closely with PR agency on major advocacy initiatives. From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Commercial Operations Manager @ • Responsible for supporting the successful development and implementation of strategic US initiatives across the commercial pillars of the Neurology and Hemophilia therapeutic areas.
• Operationalize US Commercial program effectiveness, suggest and lead program modifications to more closely meet stakeholder’s needs and achieve business strategy.
• Customize business needs, manage roll-out and partner with communications manager for on-going messaging, communications and measurement to reinforce initiatives throughout the year.
• Document and maintain processes that maximize customer value and performance, while ensuring business is conducted compliantly.
• Identify and manage outside agencies and consultants to meet expected project timelines and objectives. From December 2014 to October 2015 (11 months) U.S. Commercial Operations Associate @ • Liaison between field and marketing: triaging issues, operationalizing US Hemophilia by streamlining systems and processes. Main internal point person for Hemophilia field team members.
• Strong communication skills collaborating with senior leadership and brand teams in Hemophilia.
• Supported the launches of ELOCTATE® and ALPROLIX® – acted as strong communication lead between Marketing and field members. Participated as key launch committee member for launch meetings.
• On boarded entire Hemophilia field team that currently consists of three distinct roles (Hemophilia Account Executives, Hemophilia Channel Liaisons and Community Relations Managers). Acted as training department prior to having a dedicated Hemophilia Sales Trainer. Responsible for creating training materials and communicating with new field team members.
• Launched Hemophilia FieldLink, BIIB’s internal communications portal, for Hemophilia field team members..
• Captain for Biogen Idec’s team for the National Hemophilia Foundation’s New England Walk – won BIIB’s “Hemophilia Hard Hat” award for leading team in 2013 Highest Fundraising Walk team and 2013 Largest Corporate Walk Team at annual New England Hemophilia Association walk.
• Worked on extensive Marketing project for Company Marketing revamping CoRe Conversations series for 2015 From March 2013 to December 2014 (1 year 10 months) Community Relations and Marketing for Biogen Idec Hemophilia @ • Focused on the Hemophilia Advocacy and Community relations, development and implementation of specific marketing projects, establishing training on-boarding program for new field team members, development of patient marketing premiums & materials.
• Launched first ever Biogen Idec Scholarship program for Hemophilia patients.
- Worked extensively with scholarship vendor and ad agency to create scholarship application process and application submission guidelines.
- Demonstrated cross function leadership engaging with legal, compliance, regulatory affairs, IT and Marketing to ensure approval and successful launch of program.
- Managed scholarship program throughout year; Developed materials for scholarship program including brochure and webpage; Extensively interviewed 11 scholarship Hemophilia patient winners.
- Created webpage to highlight winners and promote scholarship program for next year.
• Created a variety of other US Hemophilia Company Marketing collateral.
• Collaborated with internal stake holders. Planned and Executed Biogen Idec’s presence at the National Hemophilia Foundation meeting (largest Hemophilia patient meeting in US).
• 2012 Captain for Biogen Idec’s team for the National Hemophilia Foundation’s Walk - won award for 2012 Largest Corporate Walk team at New England Hemophilia Association walk. From January 2012 to March 2013 (1 year 3 months) Global Marketing Coordinator for Biogen Idec Hemophilia @ • Responsible for managing, planning and executing global and domestic Hemophilia events. Worked cross functionally with Clinical, Hemophilia, Marketing, Compliance, Legal, IT, and Finance to implement and run programs. Aligned department to key goals and objectives for meetings.
• Continually managed venue research and selection, contract negotiations, invitation creation, audio visual needs, on site staffing & promotional materials. Took on additional marketing projects such as launching Hemophilia PRC system (Zinc Maps®); maintaining Sharepoint drive for department. Consistently maintained and updated budget cost details for all Hemophilia programs.
• Developed and maintained key relationships within Hemophilia community members including patients and Chapter executive directors.
• Coordinated internal public affairs efforts for key events such as World Hemophilia Day. From February 2011 to December 2011 (11 months) Neurology Regional Meeting Planner @ • Responsible for managing, planning and executing Multiple Sclerosis patient education programs and physician breakfast, lunch and dinner programs for neurologists. Represent Regional Meeting Planning team and worked cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Compliance, Legal, IT, and Finance to implement and run programs.
• Continually managed venue research and selection, contract negotiations, invitation creation, audio visual needs, on site staffing, promotional materials, newspaper or radio advertising, National Multiple Sclerosis Society relationships and other vendor relationships, finance reconciliation, speaker check requests and payment process. Actively update Area Business Managers on negotiation and planning details of programs. Develop promotional sales pieces, coordinating with vendors and communicating with brand teams. Take on additional marketing projects.
• Consistently maintain and update budget cost details for patient and physician programs. From January 2007 to February 2011 (4 years 2 months) Senior Wedding and Event Consultant @ • Detail oriented daily tasks included managing room blocks, coordinating tight timelines, creating floor plans, balancing customer bills and creating Banquet Event Orders. Worked cross functionally with internal hotel departments such as sales, banquets, housekeeping, reservations and finance.
• Diligently committed to preserving client expectations through extensive customer interaction. Led event tastings, tours of hotel space, oversaw client material drop-off, managed all event details leading up to and day of event. Liaison between hotel and all event vendors. Dedicated to anticipating client needs and recognizing the importance of meeting critical deadlines.
• Managed and calculated all costs associated with events. Worked extensively with Finance on wedding bills. From July 2005 to December 2006 (1 year 6 months) Group Sales Coordinator @ • Sent out information to qualified leads, assisted sales team in booking groups and group follow-ups. Assisted five sales managers with daily tasks and objectives.
• Managed research projects to analyze competitor material. Developed assistant resource guide and multiple organizational office systems. Streamlined processes and procedures.
• Actively involved in updating monthly sales forecast & collaborating with Hyatt Sales team. From September 2004 to July 2005 (11 months)
Bachelor of Science, Human Development and Family Studies, General @ University of New Hampshire From 2000 to 2004 Larissa Thomas is skilled in: Cross-functional Team Leadership, Leadership, Management, Training, Program Management, Marketing, Event Management, Budgets, Strategic Planning, Marketing Communications, Sales, Project Planning, Forecasting, Human Resources, Contract Negotiation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension