Training and Development Manager @ Carnival Cruise Lines
Ecole supérieure de Commerce de Reims
Outsource Training Consultant @ From September 2010 to Present (5 years 4 months) English Teacher @ • Planning, preparing and delivering lessons for a variety of learners and ages, including: Phonics; Young Learner Classes; Beginner English, Intermediate and Advanced (including confidence building) for Adults; IELTS and TOEFL exam preparation and; Business English. Some lessons were prepared in
Outsource Training Consultant @ From September 2010 to Present (5 years 4 months) English Teacher @ • Planning, preparing and delivering lessons for a variety of learners and ages, including: Phonics; Young Learner Classes; Beginner English, Intermediate and Advanced (including confidence building) for Adults; IELTS and TOEFL exam preparation and; Business English. Some lessons were prepared in accordance with a curriculum, others independently according to the students’ needs.
• Assisted in the training of new teachers, liaising with them prior to their arrival and helping them adjust, with class preparation and city orientation in the first few months. Conducting training sessions on Young Learner teaching and classroom management.
• Marking and providing feedback on written and oral assessments. Class administration – keeping student attendance records, exam scores and writing student reports.
• (As ADOS) Interviewing and streaming new students, creating student resource guidelines for the teachers accordingly, observing new teachers and providing constructive criticism and feedback, and other duties assigned by management. From March 2009 to July 2010 (1 year 5 months) Training and Development Manager @ • Responsible for the facilitation of all onboard training programs including Orientation; Personal Safety and Accident Prevention; Back Safety; Environmental Training; Alcohol Awareness.
• Maintenance of records and facilitation of the IMO regulatory training programmes such as Crowd Management Leadership and Crisis Management and Human Behaviour Leadership. Producing accurate and timely reports (both weekly and monthly), and adhering to set standards for record keeping.
• Monitoring and maintaining required level of spoken English onboard through regular English Evaluations, reporting as per set procedures by the STCW (Seafarer's Training Certification and Watchkeeping) and conducting English classes (beginner, intermediate and advanced levels).
• Day-to-Day running and administration of the Crew Training Center
• Conducting Training Needs Analysis, liaising with department heads and senior management, conducting effective training as required. Some of these courses included Hospitality Communication Skills, Sales Techniques and Motivation sessions.
• Development of the Corporate Trainer through a coaching and mentoring role, and overall supervision of the Corporate Trainer including conduct both on and off duty.
• Conducting Shipboard Management Development training, including Leadership Development, Effective Time Management, Stress Management and Abuse of Power. From July 2005 to October 2008 (3 years 4 months)
MA, European Management Studies @ University of Aberdeen From 1999 to 2003 Ecole supérieure de Commerce de Reims From 2001 to 2002 George Heriot's School Kyla Shirlaw is skilled in: Training Delivery, Recruiting, Leadership Development, Performance Management, Coaching, Employee Engagement, Soft Skills, Talent Management, Training, Stakeholder Management, Management, Leadership, Project Planning, Interviews, Management Development, Employee Training, Customer Experience, Time Management, Call Centers
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension