B.Arch., Architecture, Civil, Earthquake Engineering @
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Accomplished AEC industry expert with an excellent professional record for leading design, coordination, construction and successful execution of large scale, complex, multi-disciplinary and fast paced projects (healthcare, manufacturing, government, data center etc.). Strong team player who understands the major pain points in the design and construction world and works through issues in detail while always keeping the
Accomplished AEC industry expert with an excellent professional record for leading design, coordination, construction and successful execution of large scale, complex, multi-disciplinary and fast paced projects (healthcare, manufacturing, government, data center etc.). Strong team player who understands the major pain points in the design and construction world and works through issues in detail while always keeping the bigger picture in perspective. Successfully helped project teams to achieve key objectives (safety, quality, schedule and cost) by utilizing integrated practices, collaboration and cutting edge technology. I am passionate about utilizing emerging technology and innovative project delivery in improving, automating and optimizing standard construction processes.
Integrated project delivery
Innovative construction technology
Virtual Design & Construction
Sustainability and renewable energy
Teaching and Training
SOFTWARE: Microsoft project, Synchro, Primavera P6, OurPlan, Revit-Architecture and MEP, AutoCAD- Architecture and MEP, Inventor, Navisworks, Faro laser scanner, Buzzsaw, Vico Office, SketchUP, WinEst, Ecotect, IES-VE, Green Building Studio, Visio, Photoshop, CorelDRAW
Sr. Project Engineer @ Project Management: Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Stanford University, California ($600 M).
- Supervise mission critical Site/Civil Utilities and intricate Exterior Façade System (scope: $45 M, 12 vendors).
- Prepare phase schedules, ROM, negotiation and final pricing for change order work and review monthly vendor billings.
- Plan and coordinate OSHPD’s demanding AMC/DA process for 5 scopes of work, followed by successful testing of full scale mock ups.
- Utilize cloud based commitment tracking tool- ourPlan to capture variance in vendor commitment thus tracking Planned Percent Complete.
- Set up transition plan to replace defaulted vendor after pre-qualification and in person interviews of new vendors.
On Site Operations Engineer: Manage and review subcontractor RFIs & submittal packages for systematic coordination and timely procurement.
- Track and manage material procurement, logistics, project delivery schedule, contract scopes and budgets for subcontractors.
- Conduct pull planning sessions (based on Lean principals) by engaging key stakeholders (competing for same resources) to commit durations.
- Implement innovative construction technology tools and processes for coordination among multiple trades, tracking fast paced and evolving schedule, remove road blocks ahead of time and reduce errors in the field.
Business Development Experience: Actively engage with the existing and future clients and generating leads on potential projects.
- Work with the Regional Management Team on creating proposals and presenting them to prospective clients to win new project.
- Develop relationship within government agencies- OSHPD and City of Palo Alto during strategic planning sessions to obtain building permits.
BIM/CT Manager: Computational Research and Theory Facility, UC Berkeley, California ($145 M).
- Lead the ‘Construction Technology’ process implementation on high‐performance supercomputing research facility. From June 2012 to Present (3 years 7 months) VDC Project Engineer @ - Founding member of team kick starting the ‘Construction Technology’ Department for $850 M Design-Build Company.
- Successfully managed BIM enabled coordination process for acute care facility (125 beds, $150 M, Barnes Jewish Hospital, IPD project) and ‘Advanced Energy Storage Cell’ manufacturing plant (600 MWh, $90 M, Midland Battery Plant, fast track turnover of 1 year).
- Worked on and managed multi-disciplinary modeling efforts- 4D simulations for visualizing real time schedule projections, model based cost estimation for accurate budgeting and financial planning. From January 2010 to June 2012 (2 years 6 months) Greater St. Louis AreaVolunteer- Coordinator @ I am a volunteer for Asha St. Louis chapter which is a NGO working for education of poor kids in India. I help in organizing various local events such as training for Marathon race, awareness dinners, art and food festival booth and social events to raise funds. I am also a member of half marathon running team. From September 2008 to June 2012 (3 years 10 months) Greater St. Louis AreaGraduate Student @ High-rise, Optima Inc., Phoenix (Guide: Prof. John Kunz, Ex. Dir. CIFE, Stanford) Jan- June 2009
Prepared BIM model, baseline schedule, quantity and cost estimate based on master format specifications using VICO for a 55 story mixed use tower. Extensively used RSMeans for deriving productivity & cost data.
GIFT City, India (Guide: Prof. Martin Fischer, Director CIFE, Stanford) Sept- Dec 2008
Compared quality, schedule & cost of an innovative, modular & EQ resistant structural system V/s traditional system for Gujarat International Financial Tec-City, an 8.4 M sqm, mixed-use urban development, Public-Private Partnership project. From September 2008 to January 2010 (1 year 5 months) Graduate Teaching Assistant @ Teaching assistant for graduate level course on Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) and Building Information Modeling (BIM). One of the most sort after class at Stanford with more then 90 enrolled students. From September 2009 to December 2009 (4 months) VDC Engineer @ - Authored strategic BIM/VDC implementation plan for General Services Administration, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on government projects.
- Prepared cost benefit analysis matrix for Autodesk (client) on ‘Building energy performance tools’ (data set of 225 different softwares). From June 2009 to September 2009 (4 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaArchitect Intern @ - Facilitated development of concept design, preliminary bill of quantities and schedule for below sophisticated design projects.
- Prepared detail catalog for drawings and construction details of the company's past works for future reference.
Al Falah School, Jeddah - Worked on construction detail development and correction of drawings on an ongoing project
- Roof Terrace Tents, Makkah - Multibillion dollar project for Saudi Arabia's King. Prepared drawings & preliminary bill of quantities From June 2006 to September 2006 (4 months) Stuttgart Area, Germany
M.S., Construction Engineering & Management, Virtual Design & Construction @ Stanford University From 2008 to 2010 B.Arch., Architecture, Civil, Earthquake Engineering @ Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee From 2003 to 2008 High School, General education @ St. Anselm's Pink City School From 1988 to 2000 Kushagra Mittal is skilled in: Site logistics, Virtual mockups,, Parametric modeling, Daylight analysis, 4D simulation, Model based estimating, MEP modeling, Multidisciplinary Modeling, Virtual Design & Construction, Technical Writing, Teaching and Training, Navisworks, Sustainability, Renewable Energy, BIM