I am currently a Software Development Engineer at Amazon on the Retail Selection Systems team in New York City. I graduated from New York University with a Bachelors in Computer Science and a minor in Mathematics. I have strong analytic skills and my knowledge in programming has helped me cultivate the ability to think logically, and develop
I am currently a Software Development Engineer at Amazon on the Retail Selection Systems team in New York City. I graduated from New York University with a Bachelors in Computer Science and a minor in Mathematics. I have strong analytic skills and my knowledge in programming has helped me cultivate the ability to think logically, and develop an aptitude for abstract reasoning and creativity. In my free time I enjoy drawing and painting.
Software Development Engineer @ Retail Selection Systems - MYHABIT From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Student Intern @ • Android research & development
• Developed a screen recorder that records audio and video on screen during slideshow presentation on an Android tablet
• iOS development on internal presentation application From January 2015 to May 2015 (5 months) Software Development Engineer Intern @ • Designed an individual project for a business tool to be used by the Amazon.com Wireless team.
• Implemented Amazon Web Services to retrieve data and persist it in a back end Oracle database using Java with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
• Maintain firm’s central database, communicating important events in the asset management industry to research associates
• Utilize Bloomberg Terminal, Morningstar, fund prospectuses, and news sources to analyze top-performing funds
• Synthesize final client reports and assist associates in all research-centric projects
• Provide technological solutions to Salesforce’s client-tracking system, increasing efficiency in data entry
• Thoroughly develop knowledge of the buy-side and investment vehicles to manage and code central database From June 2013 to January 2014 (8 months) IT Lab Assistant @ • Assisted in providing computer support (hardware, software and peripherals) to the Stern
School of Business faculty, students and staff.
• Installed, upgraded, troubleshooted and provided routine maintenance for computers, software,
printers, and peripherals.
• Monitored computer equipment; repaired equipment and reimaged PC’s. From August 2012 to May 2013 (10 months) Executive MBA Program Office Assistant @ • Worked for Student Services and communicated with Exec. MBA students to help them have
a more comfortable learning experience at NYU Stern
• Performed clerical work that involved detail oriented analysis and data entry, including
working with excel spreadsheets
• Designed posters and flyers for events held by the Exec. MBA program From September 2011 to May 2012 (9 months) Intern/Researcher @ • Conducted research on several stocks in the market that involved analysis of graphs and
• Went through company financial statements and notes to extract useful information
• Used computer software in the office to generate graphs and other visual aids to present
company trends From July 2010 to August 2010 (2 months)
Bachelor of Science (BS), Mathematics, Computer Science with Honors @ New York University From 2011 to 2015 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Computer Science @ New York University From 2011 to 2015 Kunal Malkan is skilled in: Java, HTML, Programming, Data Analysis, Databases, Photoshop, Computer Science, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Analysis, Research, Python, C
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension