Head of Marketing Altice News & Advertising at Altice USA @ Altice USA
Vice President Distribution Marketing @ Starz
Vice President Marketing Spectrum Networks (FKA Time Warner Cable) @ Charter Communications
New Rochelle High School
Kristin Malaspina is VP of Partnership Marketing for Time Warner Cable. In this role, she oversees all of the company’s VOD business, social media – including launching Time Warner Cable’s social media presence on FB, YouTube, Twitter and more. She is also charged with marketing and promotional strategy in the management of partnerships with over 100 programming
Kristin Malaspina is VP of Partnership Marketing for Time Warner Cable. In this role, she oversees all of the company’s VOD business, social media – including launching Time Warner Cable’s social media presence on FB, YouTube, Twitter and more. She is also charged with marketing and promotional strategy in the management of partnerships with over 100 programming networks. Some highlights of these partnerships include several flagship events produced with network partners, such as HBO’s Game of Thrones Exhibit in NYC, Showtime’s 2nd season premiere of Homeland on the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, the launch party of TWC SportsNet in Los Angeles and TWC Studios, a one-of-a-kind, immersive experiences designed by network programming partners, during Super Bowl XLVIII.
In addition, she is also responsible for negotiating TWC’s sports and stadium sponsorships and talent agreements, which include relationships with the Madison Square Garden Company (MSG), the LA Dodgers, Hendricks Motor Sports NASCAR driver, Kasey Kahne, and NY Giants wide receiver and Super Bowl champ, Victor Cruz.
Prior to joining Time Warner Cable in 2006, Ms. Malaspina served as Dir of Marketing for iNDEMAND Networks. In this capacity, she oversaw the marketing for Movies On Demand and PPV events and sports with the MLB, the NBA and ESPN. Before assuming her position at iNDEMAND in 1999, Ms. Malaspina was Sr Manager of Marketing at Group W Network Services.
Ms. Malaspina began her professional career as a Prod Coordinator at Smith Hemion Inc., where she was involved in the production of the Tony Awards and President Clinton’s 50th Birthday. She then continued on to work in a variety of production roles with MTV Networks, Radio City Productions, Cossette Productions, Jeff Margolis Productions and Dick Clark Productions. Some highlights of her production career include her work with Radio City’s Christmas Spectacular, The Grammy Awards, The Miss American Pageant, and the Daytime Emmy Awards.
Vice President Partnership Marketing, Corporate Marketing @ • Oversee strategy, development, and execution of all TWC national partnership and promotions (Superbowl, All Star Games, GOT, Ray Donovan, Monsters University)
• Negotiate and manage $30M sports, stadium and athlete portfolio including local activations, celebrity contracts(Victor Cruz/Kasey Kahne) and marketing campaigns
• Launched all social media platforms and run national social media strategy across platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
• Manage theatrical promotions and Video On Demand marketing including multi-city national retention screenings hosting over 15,000 customers per year
• Build national campaigns, negotiate rate cards, and develop media plans for Pay-Per-View events and sports packages
• Support retail store openings with exclusive promotions
• Develop promotional calendar for Acquisition/Upsell plans and sales incentive programs and negotiate programmer and CES partner support.
• Run all Sports Marketing campaigns and new channel launches including Pac-12, NFL RedZone, Longhorn Network, and more
• Work closely with programming to include marketing value in future programming negotiations including talent, events, promotional resources and marketing co-op dollars valued at over $15M
• Leverage TWC-owned tickets and programmer assets to launch TWC Exclusives, an online customer retention effort providing value to TWC customers - centralized 50% of tickets to support National Residential sales incentives
• Built centralized Events strategy team to better leverage programmer and partner assets and provide value to customers - events include Homeland Red Carpet Premiere, Nascar All-Star Event, TWC Studios at Super Bowl, Back-To-School efforts and more
• Centralized negotiations of sports and stadium contracts provide value, while maintaining or increasing revenue, to all business units (Residential, Business Class and Media Sales)
• Built national sweepstakes programs to leverage and grow customer databases From February 2006 to Present (9 years 11 months) Director, Product Marketing & Customer Communications @ On Demand/Enhanced TV Strategy
• Oversee strategy, development, and execution of On Demand (SD&HD)/PPV/ETV marketing for 8 million households generating over 1 billion views per year, $500+ million in revenue
• Increased On Demand usage by 43% through multiple marketing platforms resulting in highest revenue in TWC history
• Develop competitive positioning/messaging for On Demand/Enhanced TV
• Maintain brand equity of Time Warner Cable’s VOD and ETV service
• Manage marketing for Enhanced TV products including Start Over, Quick Clips, and Look Back
• Develop all corporately driven cable, high-speed and phone customer communications
• Responsible for annual department budgets, re-estimates, forecasts, and accruals
• Supervise staff and agencies
New Product Development
• Developed and produced weekly On Demand/PPV promotional channel airing across 60 unique channels resulting in 24 million impressions per week
• Collaborated with product management to integrate all new service products and features and launched over 26 new channels which increased revenue and usage YOY by over 10%
• Developed and launched TWC’s first On Demand website with daily updates and promotions Wrote marketing plans for new products including HD VOD, Virtual Video Store, Photoshow TV, Hotel On Demand, Road Runner Online storefront, and MOD Day & Date
• Created integrated marketing programs with network and studio partners including exclusive content and offers to drive increased usage and retention
• Developed industry-first integrated promotion for exclusive On Demand with advertising that yielded 10 point increase in positive attribute ratings for TWC brand among both subscribers and non-subscribers
• Leveraged partner relationships to create new revenue streams for Media Sales
• Developed wireless marketing campaigns during MSO joint venture period From February 2006 to February 2011 (5 years 1 month) Greater New York City AreaDirector of Marketing @ • • Executed on-air and off-air marketing and promotion plans for PPV, VOD, and HD programming, including planning, budget, creative, and affiliate kits
• Liaison between major movie studios, legal, affiliate relations, and programming
• Supervised producers on development of promotional material and marketing tactics including company website
• Oversaw acquisition of PPV, VOD, and HD promotional materials. From September 1999 to January 2006 (6 years 5 months) Senior Manager, Marketing @ • Trained staff on scheduling for all department functions.
• Developed standard operating procedures to ensure efficient workflow.
• Worked directly with clients to troubleshoot log timing issues.
• Coordinated live events and feeds for clients including Viewer’s Choice, Speedvision, and the NBA.
• Generated daily broadcast logs for the NBA Network, A&E’s Biography and History Int’l Channel, Speedvision, Outdoor Life Network, Pay-Per-View, and Discovery People. From September 1997 to August 1999 (2 years) Production Manager @ Daytime Emmy Awards From September 1996 to May 1997 (9 months) Production Coordinator @ The Miss America Pageant From September 1996 to May 1997 (9 months) Production Coordinator @ The Grammy Awards From September 1996 to May 1997 (9 months) Production Assistant @ The Christmas Spectacular, Kenny G Concerts, Toni Braxton Concerts From November 1995 to January 1996 (3 months) Studio Intern @ From September 1995 to December 1995 (4 months) Production Coordinator @ Tony Awards, President Clinton's 50th Birthday From May 1995 to June 1995 (2 months)
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Mass Communication/Media Studies @ Iona College From 1988 to 1992 New Rochelle High School Kristin Malaspina is skilled in: Strategic Partnerships, Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Integrated Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Television, Advertising, Digital Marketing, Digital Media, Operational Planning
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension